Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2013, 07:28 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by raison_d'etre View Post
so if men are mocked or laughed at for reporting crimes, its their fault? Women aren't
mocked for reporting such crimes, they're taken seriously. Society
tells men that they need to be tough, tha men dont get raped or sexually abused. Men are told they cant be victims of domestic violence.

This is nowhere close to the resourcs women have nationwide. Like I said before, women's shelters focus on women and not many men would go to the, or even think of using them as men are often banned from entering such places.
Then start a mens shelter. Teach men to stand up and start reporting crimes.

You can not force people to say or not say whatever they want. The only way to change the perception of men reporting crimes is for men to get out there and report crimes. The tools are there, USE THEM.

Old 04-09-2013, 07:38 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Then start a mens shelter. Teach men to stand up and start reporting crimes.

You can not force people to say or not say whatever they want. The only way to change the perception of men reporting crimes is for men to get out there and report crimes. The tools are there, USE THEM.
Exactly. The OP keeps saying society at large, or "feminists" are denying men their fair rights. But it's up to those who are experiencing inequalities to speak up.

It's up to abused men to lobby for support if they think it's being denied them. How can I for example lobby for abused men's rights, when I don't see rampant evidence that they are denied their rights?

I would never have expected men to fight for abortion rights. I don't know why the OP thinks women are supposed to be fighting for some ill-defined "men's rights."

Old 04-09-2013, 07:40 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Exactly. The OP keeps saying society at large, or "feminists" are denying men their fair rights. But it's up to those who are experiencing inequalities to speak up.

It's up to abused men to lobby for support if they think it's being denied them. How can I for example lobby for abused men's rights, when I don't see rampant evidence that they are denied their rights?

I would never have expected men to fight for abortion rights. I don't know why the OP thinks women are supposed to be fighting for some ill-defined "men's rights."
I'm still waiting for the OP to tell me what equal rights men are denied.

Old 04-09-2013, 07:43 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times
Quote:
I think he's having problems with his female boss at work, and he wants to frame that as a civil rights issue.

Old 04-09-2013, 07:57 PM

2,505 posts, read 2,326,608 times
Quote:
How about a man's right to abort their duty as a father without punishment? If a woman has the sole right to end a pregnancy, men should have an option as well since we can't tell them to get an abortion or not. Abortion is a woman's choice, there is no denying that. Men should have the choice of fatherhood or not without being forced to pay child support. If a woman decide s to have the baby, she does so as her own, and should be required to care for that child on her own if the father decides he does not want to have a child.

Alimony should be abolished.

Selective service should not be a requirement to apply for pell grants, vote, get a license, or a student loan.

Circumcision should be the choice of an adult male, not their parents, often the mothers choice.

Prison sentencing should be equal if the crime is equal.

False accusers should face the same amount of time the person they accused served or would have served if found guilty.

Affirmative action should be based on income before gender or race.

There is just a few. There are more, but this is a good start.

Old 04-09-2013, 07:59 PM

2,505 posts, read 2,326,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
I think he's having problems with his female boss at work, and he wants to frame that as a civil rights issue.
No, my boss hates men and there is nothing for me to do about it. This is hardly the issue as I don't plan on working there much longer.

Old 04-09-2013, 08:03 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,338,198 times
Quote:
This isn't a troll thread and your comment proves that what I am saying is true. Anyone who suggests men have equal rights issues as well is just a troll who is trying to derail the equality train.

Someone I was friends with told me that because I support equality for men and women so long as it doesn't violate the 14th Amendment, that I was mysoginistic and a rape apologist.
I'm perfectly happy with the proposal that men have exactly the same rights that I, a woman, have.

Old 04-09-2013, 08:06 PM

3,130 posts, read 3,074,467 times
As a guy, I really don't think this is a serious question. A lot of guys who post stuff like this aren't truly interested in men getting a fair shake where they aren't (and yes, there are plenty of instances of this.) What I suspect they're interested in is enjoying the privileged status of being male, and prefer to demonize anybody (feminists) who point this out.

Old 04-09-2013, 08:06 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,057,151 times
Quote:
How about a man's right to abort their duty as a father without punishment? If a woman has the sole right to end a pregnancy, men should have an option as well since we can't tell them to get an abortion or not. Abortion is a woman's choice, there is no denying that. Men should have the choice of fatherhood or not without being forced to pay child support. If a woman decide s to have the baby, she does so as her own, and should be required to care for that child on her own if the father decides he does not want to have a child.

Alimony should be abolished.

Selective service should not be a requirement to apply for pell grants, vote, get a license, or a student loan.

Circumcision should be the choice of an adult male, not their parents, often the mothers choice.

Prison sentencing should be equal if the crime is equal.

False accusers should face the same amount of time the person they accused served or would have served if found guilty.

Affirmative action should be based on income before gender or race.

There is just a few. There are more, but this is a good start.
And there should be gender segregation in the education, employment, housing, and residential neighborhoods. Nothing funny about it, but it's ensure safety, for the man's sake, and avoid unnecessary danger.

If one wants equality, people have to decide to elect the male-guilt guys (not men) and feminists from high positions in government, legal system, educational institutions, and workplaces. Unfortunately, the other side is the majority so they'll likely support those that only cater to their interests.

Old 04-09-2013, 08:08 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,338,198 times
Quote:
Biology determines who gets the final say on the outcome of a pregnancy. If the outcome is a child, the father has a financial responsibility for him/her. It's the law. This topic has been discussed to death on this forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies