Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 08:53 PM

13,607 posts, read 21,388,345 times

Advertisements

Here is a M1A rifle with a 10 shot magazine, semi automatic, shoots a .308 cartridge , to my knowledge its kind has never been used in a crime yet it is tagged as a "assault rifle" to be banned. It is widely used in target matches and some hunting, it is the counterpart of the M14 rifle once used by the military , still used in limited marksman roles.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...psbf567bb8.jpg

Here below is a Remington 7400 semi automatic rifle with 10 shot magazine , it shoots the same cartridge as the M1A and functions just like the M1A. It is a very popular hunting rifle, not so much for target shooting though because its accuracy generally isn't as good as the M1A for extended shooting. It is not labeled a "assault rifle" though.
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...pse45fe5ae.jpg

Why has the M1A been deemed "evil" and thrown into the category of "assault rifle" to be banned?

Last edited by Ibginnie; 12-09-2015 at 07:27 AM.. Reason: copyright violation

Old 04-09-2013, 09:26 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,969,651 times
The M1A has one of them evil flash suppressors!
and perhaps even one of them nasty bayonet lugs!
Remove the flash suppressor, the bayonet lug, and cut the threaded portion of the barrel off, and the M1A just might become a legal, "civilized" rifle.

Old 04-09-2013, 09:35 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,091,967 times
Seriously?

You seriously don't know the answer?

The M1A is a semi-auto rifle, hence labeled "assault rifle". The Remington 700 is a bolt action rifle...therefore NOT labeled a "assault rifle". Both are dangerous weapons in a trained marksman possession.

Should either be "outlawed"? Nah. Should there be tougher and more stringent methods used when selling them to people? Abso-freakin-lutely.

And there ended the lesson.

Old 04-09-2013, 09:38 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,354,912 times
Ironically the M-14 (military version of the M1A) was dropped in 1963 because it did not meet assault rifle criteria. Now 50 years later libs want to ban it because they say it was an "assault weapon." Your brain on liberalism.

They probably believe that it has a "shoulder thing that goes up" too.

Carolyn McCarthy - YouTube

Old 04-09-2013, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
Seriously?

The M1A is a semi-auto rifle, hence labeled "assault rifle". The Remington 700 is a bolt action rifle...therefore NOT labeled a "assault rifle". Both are dangerous weapons in a trained marksman possession.

Should either be "outlawed"? Nah. Should there be tougher and more stringent methods used when selling them to people? Abso-freakin-lutely.

The 7400 is semi auto deemed a good gun (so far) by the political elite looking to pass the ban yet they say the M1A is a dangerous " assault rifle", actually the correct term for it would be "battle rifle".

The 700 as you mentioned is bolt action, or are they looking to ban all semi auto like the 7400 in the end?

The 700 bolt action is also used by the Marine corp and police SWAT as a sniper rifle. The 700 is also a hugely popular as a civilian hunting rifle. See how the lines in description blur and the stupidness in it?

The politicians call a AR-15 a "assault rifle" in the hands of you or I but the dept of homeland calls theirs a "defensive rifle".

Whether you like guns or not are you ok with being duped by these shady lies? They are deceiving lieing anti gun zealots who use excuse of safety to disarm you and I. If you let these lies and deceit become law , you are saying that it is acceptable to have government work that way.

Old 04-09-2013, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
Seriously?

Since you mentioned the 700 bolt action....

A lesson for you...

Texas tower shooter used a hunting rifle and a hunting shotgun and murdered or wounded 17 people. He sawed off the barrel of the shotgun which is illegal to below 18 inches, but the 1934 act didn't stop him from doing so did it?
Charles Whitman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-09-2013, 10:27 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,619,989 times
The M1A was on the 94 ban list. In the original AWB. Probably just scrolling down an already made list. And no, the M1A has never been used in a crime, let alone a mass shooting. To my knowledge, only three rifles on the list (one is not technically a rifle) have been used in mass shootings. The AR, AK, and one incident, AFTER the original AWB went into effect, with an UZI. The M1A is an expensive piece of gear. SA is real proud of them. Retailing out for about 2500 skins, for a base model. But, they are supreme shooters, many have been tricked to be 1000 yard plus precision rifles.

But, as another poster said, a muzzle brake is standard configuration, and, according to Feinstein, muzzle brakes are magical devices, that take the requirement to actually AIM a piece, so equipped, out of the equation.

It is not a requirement ,for a ban nut, to actually have any, real world, knowledge of firearms. If the heard the terms "muzzle brake", "optical sight", "pistol grip" "high capacity" et al, they consider themselves experts of firearms terminology.

It can actually be fun to toss out terms like "laser sighted gas block" "gas piston direct impingement system" "high capacity buttstock" "high velocity sighting" etc, and watcb their heads bob up and down like the little dog in the rear window of a pimpmobile. Lmao.

The scary thing is, they actually think they know what they're talking about. And some people actually buy it. (Sigh) I see, said the blind man, I hear you, said the deaf man, I think, said the madman.

Old 04-09-2013, 10:29 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,815,358 times
The M1A is a civilian version of the M14 isn't it? I fired the M14 many, many times. It is a good rifle.

Any of you ever see the old WW2 M1? I fired it a few times, liked the M14 better. The M1 would literally rust if you looked at it, my experience anyway.

Old 04-09-2013, 10:54 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,619,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
The M1A is a civilian version of the M14 isn't it? I fired the M14 many, many times. It is a good rifle.

Any of you ever see the old WW2 M1? I fired it a few times, liked the M14 better. The M1 would literally rust if you looked at it, my experience anyway.
The M1 Garand and the M14/ M1A a almost identical in action type. Gas operated, rotating bolt. The M14 is a Garand, chambered in 308, instead of 30 06, gas system flipped over, and a detaching box magazine, instead of the top loading en bloc. Oh yea, I earned my "M1 thumb" lmao. The M14 also had full auto capability. Can't knock the old Garand though. Damn fine rifle!

Old 04-10-2013, 07:32 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,343,552 times
Assault Weapon:

"Any firearm that is currently legal that liberals want to somehow make illegal in the near future."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies