U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-10-2013, 01:09 PM
 
35,680 posts, read 18,406,291 times
Reputation: 20515

Advertisements

That is - well, pretty funny.

Sarah Palin in Tesla 'loser' dustup- MSN Money

I guess from the towering pinnacle that is Palin's success, somebody like Musk must look like a loser. Why, he doesn't have one single reality show to his name.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-10-2013, 01:58 PM
 
Location: Columbus, OH
3,038 posts, read 2,260,969 times
Reputation: 827
From my towering pinnacle it looks like this thread is a loser.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2013, 01:59 PM
 
Location: Jewel Lake (Sagle) Idaho
31,668 posts, read 19,599,023 times
Reputation: 18674
To be honest, this is what she said:

Quote:
Once again, the American public lost when the Obama administration attempted to pick “winners and losers” in the free market. Today the electric car company Fisker Automotive, which received nearly $200 million in taxpayer money, is laying off three-fourths of its U.S. workers.

The Anaheim, CA-based start up has failed at pretty much every level – especially when it comes to the company’s ultra expensive luxury electric hybrid, the Karma (what a name!), which is assembled in Finland and received a green-energy loan to transition the assembly to the U.S., something that never happened.

This losing tax-subsidized venture joins other past losers like the Obama-subsidized Volt that gets 40 miles per battery charge, or like the Obama-subsidized Tesla that turns into a “brick” when the battery completely discharges and then costs $40,000 to repair.

This is really just the latest manifestation of the administration’s crony capitalism as their green energy buddies benefit from this atrocious waste of taxpayer money. Americans really need to get outraged by these wasteful ventures. As we’ve seen time and time again, We the People are always stuck subsidizing the left’s “losers.”

So what’s the solution and where do Americans go with our outrage? Stand up against the crony capitalism and elect only those who understand and will let America’s marketplace dictate economic successes, instead of letting politicians (some who have never run any business nor even worked in the private sector) choose free enterprises’ winners and losers. Take a stand, friends. Nothing will change unless you do.
She didn't call Musk a loser, she said the American taxpayer's were losers for being forced to subsidize green "toy" companies making overpriced products for those with more money than brains. The automotive industry is incredibly complex, demanding and competative. THere is a reason that only a relative handful of compaines, with brilliant managers with decades of experience, survive. Managing the R&D of a complex product, having the right product at the right time, then being able to successfully manage the production and supply chain issues involved, while producing a quality product at a competative price is very demanding. Musk should have stuck with something simpler, like software.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2013, 04:12 PM
 
54,179 posts, read 29,190,885 times
Reputation: 17537
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
To be honest, this is what she said:



She didn't call Musk a loser, she said the American taxpayer's were losers for being forced to subsidize green "toy" companies making overpriced products for those with more money than brains. The automotive industry is incredibly complex, demanding and competative. THere is a reason that only a relative handful of compaines, with brilliant managers with decades of experience, survive. Managing the R&D of a complex product, having the right product at the right time, then being able to successfully manage the production and supply chain issues involved, while producing a quality product at a competative price is very demanding. Musk should have stuck with something simpler, like software.
Why won't she call out every CEO BY NAME that took bailout money instead of just one dope at some halfass car company?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2013, 04:16 PM
 
Location: NC
1,873 posts, read 1,859,931 times
Reputation: 1773
I'm a lifelong conservative, but between the two, Palin is the loser - it's not even close. Her 15 minutes of fame ended a while ago, she'll be forgotten in a few years...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2013, 04:17 PM
 
54,179 posts, read 29,190,885 times
Reputation: 17537
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midpack View Post
I'm a lifelong conservative, but between the two, Palin is the loser - it's not even close. Her 15 minutes of fame ended a while ago, she'll be forgotten in a few years...
.....yea, well....besides that fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2013, 04:30 PM
 
Location: Central Illinois -
24,066 posts, read 15,742,557 times
Reputation: 17670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midpack View Post
I'm a lifelong conservative, but between the two, Palin is the loser - it's not even close. Her 15 minutes of fame ended a while ago, she'll be forgotten in a few years...
Ya think?

The guy who invented PayPal and Tesla Motors is a "loser", when some bimbo who was given the ceremonial position of Governor of less than a million people couldn't even complete one term.

Were it not for the utter desperation of an old man named John McCain anyone outside the wilds of Alaska would have even heard of her.

She does have appeal, however. To low class white trash.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2013, 04:49 PM
 
Location: Area 51.5
13,893 posts, read 12,010,055 times
Reputation: 9104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midpack View Post
I'm a lifelong conservative, but between the two, Palin is the loser - it's not even close. Her 15 minutes of fame ended a while ago, she'll be forgotten in a few years...
Sure you are.

That's what you said a few years ago.

As for this Elon thing, sorry......never heard of him/her/whatever it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
To be honest, this is what she said:



She didn't call Musk a loser, she said the American taxpayer's were losers for being forced to subsidize green "toy" companies making overpriced products for those with more money than brains. The automotive industry is incredibly complex, demanding and competative. THere is a reason that only a relative handful of compaines, with brilliant managers with decades of experience, survive. Managing the R&D of a complex product, having the right product at the right time, then being able to successfully manage the production and supply chain issues involved, while producing a quality product at a competative price is very demanding. Musk should have stuck with something simpler, like software.
Amazing how some folks can't comprehend well enough to put a correct title on something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2013, 05:19 PM
 
35,680 posts, read 18,406,291 times
Reputation: 20515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
She didn't call Musk a loser, she said the American taxpayer's were losers...
That turns out to not be the case, pertinent bit: "We the People are always stuck subsidizing the left’s “losers.”"

Quote:
for being forced to subsidize green "toy" companies making overpriced products for those with more money than brains. The automotive industry is incredibly complex, demanding and competative.
And yet... "In 2010, Tesla received $465 million in loans from the Department of Energy. The company was supposed to pay the loans back over 10 years, but announced last month that it's repaying the money on an accelerated schedule and will finish payments five years ahead of schedule."

What a loser!

Quote:
Musk should have stuck with something simpler, like software.
Yeah, he's clearly out of his depth when it comes to making complex stuff.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2013, 06:15 PM
 
Location: Texas
1,922 posts, read 2,442,305 times
Reputation: 949
I'm no huge fan of Palin, but don't have deep seated hatred for her either.

But me thinks her words are being twisted a bit by this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top