Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 08:19 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover View Post
How in the hell is being separate racist? You going to call a black person that wants the same thing racist? I doubt it. You keep seeing racists behind every corner if you like.No sweat off my back.
Forcing people to be separate is racist, you can live in a all white community now, but you can't force someone who isnt white from living where ever they want, even if they want to live in your whites only community.

Old 04-11-2013, 08:19 AM

1,637 posts, read 1,880,990 times
My liberal idiot friend told me that Major League Baseball was racist because only 7 percent of the players are black African American. I then asked him why there are alot of dark skinned Hispanics in Major League Baseball and he started stuttering like a little schoolgirl that has just seen Justin Bieber!

Old 04-11-2013, 08:20 AM

288 posts, read 230,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor76 View Post
Actually Hank Aaron broke Babe Ruth's record, and I think it's safe to say that not only was Hank Aaron a great player (and an underrated outfielder who had a gun for an arm, but no one ever talks about) but he did it without steroids.
Exactly. Why not a movie about him? A real hero and great baseball player
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I just don't live in a white only bubble like you seem to wish for. You are such an idiot, I am guessing it wont take long for you to be banned for this type of racist garbage. I am sure there is a whites only forum you could be posting on.
You sure whine a lot....still haven't pointed out what's so racist about saying JR doesn't deserve the hero worship he is getting.Why not do a movie about Hank Aaron? He broke Ruth's home run record and was a much better player than JR...the only reason JR gets a movie and worshiped is bc he was the first black in white baseball...its sad and disgusting a great player like Hank Aaron is thrown on the trash heap and forgotten about while a mediocre player is praised.

Old 04-11-2013, 08:22 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,169,560 times
Quote:
How was there discrimination? Blacks had their own league...Some good players in that league as well...It is propaganda its to do nothing but make gullible white people feel guilty about something they had nothing with them.

Blacks were excluded from playing in the baseball league considered the best. Biggest crowds, best stadiums, and certainly the best pay. It was blatant segregation based on racism. There is everything wrong with it.

I haven't seen the movie. But I understand the story and see nothing wrong with a movie made about it. It won't make me feel guilty because I had nothing to do with it. But perhaps it makes you feel guilty since you seem to think excluding people like JR is a perfectly OK thing to do.

I hope the movie is historically accurate and doesn't exaggerate or overly dramatize the story.

Racism still exists but is nothing like it was at time of JR. Nor is it a root cause problem for minorities as claimed by attention-seekers like Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton.

Last edited by CaseyB; 04-11-2013 at 11:49 AM.. Reason: rude

Old 04-11-2013, 08:23 AM

78,367 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Cost to "our leagues?" You missing the whites only sports? Hate seeing those non-whites play better?
As much as this might shock you, I'm fairly certain based upon past comments that poster is black.

Separatists aren't just white. (points to the south side of Chicago where you know who has a lot presence...)

Old 04-11-2013, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Forcing people to be separate is racist, you can live in a all white community now, but you can't force someone who isnt white from living where ever they want, even if they want to live in your whites only community.
Show me where I said FORCE? I never did. I said its not right to FORCE people to live together.So by your logic you are the racist here not me. You are for forcing people to live together and associate together that otherwise might not do so.Its called free association...you want forced association...and you try and claim I am being the racist...what a crock.

Old 04-11-2013, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
As much as this might shock you, I'm fairly certain based upon past comments that poster is black.

Separatists aren't just white. (points to the south side of Chicago where you know who has a lot presence...)
It doesn't fit his agenda...he is on the verge of being put on ignore...in his mind he is right everyone else is a racist for not worshiping a mediocre player when there were much better black players to see as hero's.

Old 04-11-2013, 08:26 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Quote:
Show me where I said FORCE? I never did. I said its not right to FORCE people to live together.So by your logic you are the racist here not me. You are for forcing people to live together and associate together that otherwise might not do so.Its called free association...you want forced association...and you try and claim I am being the racist...what a crock.
Separate but Equal was a law that forced separation, do you support that kind of state or federal law?

Old 04-11-2013, 08:26 AM

Quote:
You are an idiot grasping at straws, I would be cool with a Hank Aaron movie too because he was also a legend in baseball. Do you think Hollywood can only make one movie on black baseball players or something?
Nope. You think we should worship a mediocre player. Hank Aaron is worthy of a movie and books and things like that JR is not.

Old 04-11-2013, 08:27 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,014 times
Quote:
You are an idiot grasping at straws, I would be cool with a Hank Aaron movie too because he was also a legend in baseball. Do you think Hollywood can only make one movie on black baseball players or something?
I don't care about this movie, I'd rather see hidden colors 1 and 2 hit the big screen then see these type of movies that level blacks in insecurity.

These type if movie aren't for blacks but for whites to gather sympathy towards blacks.

More Hollywood bs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies