Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 04:20 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times

Advertisements

It is a good thing when people admit they cannot adequately care for their elderly parents.

Best to find a good facility that is better suited for this major task.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2014, 05:18 AM

4,278 posts, read 5,177,911 times
Here is a good trick the Asians do. They bring over their parents and put them onto Medicare/SSI. Then they ship them back home so they can still receiver their SSI. Other Asians with more wealthy parents have them transfer their money to the kids and then put them into some dumpy apartment on Medicare/Medicaid,SSI and run off with the money.

Old 01-20-2014, 05:28 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,752,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
in this nation. To me this is a result of the consumerist, selfish mindset that has permeated this nation. Please spare me the PC all races do this crapola. Ive seen the numbers and more whites throw their parents in nursing homes than do hispanics, blacks, and Asians. What a dirtbag mentality. The people who have given you life and brought you into this world, raised you and you cant be bothered with them? I am white, but I'll call out my own race when I have to and call a spade a spade. When it comes to how to respect your elders and treat your parents I really admire as we all should the Asians and Indians.
And how old are you? How old are your parents? If you are young you have no clue. My father had a major stroke at 75, mom was already gone and there was no way he could be cared for at home. Before you judge, you should know each individual set of circumstances. For many their parent/s are demented and cannot be left alone, therefore they are much safer in a nursing home.

Old 01-20-2014, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Nursing homes do not have doctors or resuscitation equipment. They call 911.
SNFs might have more trained staff, but the average nursing home completely decompensates in the event of an emergency.
Any more excuses?
They do have doctors, but not 24/7. A registered nurse must be on each shift on each floor and RN's are well trained in CPR. I don't know for sure, but I would assume most have a defibrillator on hand.

Old 01-20-2014, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Yes. This is sadly very common. My grandmother, who was in a nursing home for several years before she passed away, was stolen from (presumably by the staff).

As I said before, Ill do everything possible to keep my parents out of one of these hellholes. However, in most cases it's one of many horrible options.
Some have no choice but a home and it would be wise not keep anything valuable in your parents room.

Old 01-20-2014, 05:52 AM

You all have to remember that approx. 80% of the population is white, so nursing homes are bound to have more white folks.

Old 01-22-2014, 04:33 AM

How about some response to my posts smittyjohnny38?

Old 01-22-2014, 04:55 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
in this nation. To me this is a result of the consumerist, selfish mindset that has permeated this nation. Please spare me the PC all races do this crapola. Ive seen the numbers and more whites throw their parents in nursing homes than do hispanics, blacks, and Asians. What a dirtbag mentality. The people who have given you life and brought you into this world, raised you and you cant be bothered with them? I am white, but I'll call out my own race when I have to and call a spade a spade. When it comes to how to respect your elders and treat your parents I really admire as we all should the Asians and Indians.
To quote my now, 55 year old father, "When I get to old to take care of myself, just let me shrivel up and die out here by myself. "
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies