Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2013, 09:39 PM

709 posts, read 598,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
I hope you are being sarcastic. It was one of the most ridiculous questions.
How about this one...unless they want to risk their OWN ass....don't tell us what we need or don't need.

It's my 2ND right to do so...It's their 1ST to not like it.

The 1ST needs some restrictions I think.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2013, 09:46 PM

That's like telling the guy he has to use a small boat fire extingusher to put out that grass fire instead of the garden hose.

All the while watching from your kitchen window while he is scrambling and making something happen fast while you watch.

Old 04-11-2013, 09:53 PM

I just thought of another BTW.

You antis will do or say anything to push your agenda.

1992 Los Angeles riots - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Image Detail for - Ask a Korean!: Ask a Korean! News: Picture from 1992 LA Riot

Old 04-11-2013, 10:17 PM

15,092 posts, read 8,634,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
" I would hate to be the nation that attempted to invade the USA."

THAT is exactly what senior military leaders in Japan thought in 1941.
THAT is exactly why members of the "Unorganized Militia" need high capacity magazines for their weapons (See Title 10, United States Code, for the definition of "Unorganized Militia". Hint: It is NOT the National Guard!)
(in fact, some [or many] of you might want to check your STATE laws and/or Constitution to see what your State Militia really is, and find out if YOU are in compliance with the law!)
Right you are!! And the most significant and far reaching point of the entire debate.

The 2nd Amendment doesn't guarantee the right to keep and bear arms to facilitate hog hunting and target practice. It was very clearly intended and understood to be "necessary to the security of a free state". And it doesn't speculate as to the nature or source of that potential threat to freedom. These men simply understood that throughout history, all societies have had to either successfully defend their freedom, or lose it to a more potent enemy. Sometimes those threats come from foreign enemies, but even more often, it comes from domestic enemies .... which is why the oath to defend the constitution includes the language, "from enemies foreign and domestic".

And it's not like we don't have dozens of recent examples to warn us not to be foolish, or naive about this reality. In just the 20th Century alone, over 200 Million people were murdered by their own governments, which is far and away the single greatest threat to freedom, historically. And it makes NO DIFFERENCE WHATSOEVER whether you are stupid enough or naive enough to believe that such things could never happen here in the United States. You cannot predict that, nor do any of us have the right to deny future generations the same rights as our forefathers fought to guarantee us.

Within this contextual framework, the founders of our nation knew that we would be under attack eventually, and perhaps even perpetually. It has been reported that a lady asked Benjamin Franklin a question as he was leaving the halls of congress, "Sir, what have you given us" ... for which Franklin replied, "A republic, ma'am, if you can keep it". Why do you suppose that would be Franklin's immediate response? Maybe because we just fought a war in order to secure that independence, and that the history of humanity has never experienced a society that was free from threats? It was not a psychic prediction, but simply a rational conclusion based on having not one example in written history that showed a people who ever existed, free of threats.

The possible sources of threats to our security could be many or few, but that is irrelevant to the necessity for us to maintain our collective ability to defend against them, whatever they are and whom ever is the source. Since we cannot predict who or what that threat might be, it is asinine for people to ask "why do you need a 30 round magazine", since the very simple answer is, only irrational idiots would impose restrictions and limitation on themselves, or demand that their own rights be taken from them. That is pure idiocy squared .... it's so idiotic and lacking of rational thinking, it eludes adequate definition. At some point in the future, 30 round magazines and AR15's may be looked upon as we now look at the black powder pistol, and that weapons far more powerful may become the threat we face then .... we'll need those more powerful weapons too .... then you liberals can collect up the magazines, OKAY ?

It seems to be a unique manifestation of the lunatic liberal movement that it is the first group of people to literally embrace and promote the destruction of their own damned rights! For countless generations Americans have fought and died to defend our rights and freedom ... now, some of you nitwits actually want to just give them up willingly. By doing so, you people place yourselves in that category of "domestic enemies" ... you don't have to be evil to be an enemy ... stupid can be just as dangerous. And I think it was Jefferson who said that a people who expected to remain ignorant and free, want what never was, and never will be". The reality is, we have no obligation to allow the idiots to drill holes in the bottom of OUR boat. Our obligation to each other is to just throw each one of them to the fish, since that seems to be where they want to be anyways.

For those that don't want freedom ..... there are some words spoken long ago that apply to the left now ...

“The liberties of our country, the freedoms of our civil Constitution are worth defending at all hazards; it is our duty to defend them against all attacks. We have received them as a fair inheritance from our worthy ancestors. They purchased them for us with toil and danger and expense of treasure and blood. It will bring a mark of everlasting infamy on the present generation – enlightened as it is – if we should suffer them to be wrested from us by violence without a struggle, or to be cheated out of them by the artifices of designing men.”
― Samuel Adams

“No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders.”
― Samuel Adams

Old 04-12-2013, 05:15 AM

6,175 posts, read 12,939,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaerin View Post
I noticed Ellemint still keeps pushing the same rubbish that a high capacity Mag was used in Sandy Hook. That is an outright lie. There was no rifles used in the Sandy Hook shooting, but please keep telling us there was and maybe we will believe it.
I don't know where you heard that, and why you believe it. The police have repeatedly confirmed that he used several weapons, including an AR15 with a 30 round magazine.
Quote:
The primary weapon used in the attack was a "Bushmaster AR-15 assault-type weapon," said Connecticut State Police Lt. Paul Vance.
Newtown shooter's guns: What we know - CNN.com

That link is to the CNN story from which I got that info.

If you have something from a reliable source that contradicts that, please feel free to share it. Otherwise, you look like you are continuing to ignore reality because it doesn't fit your agenda, and that fact will be used to paint all of us, who support the second amendment and are opposed to new laws that make no one safer, with that same brush.

Old 04-12-2013, 05:20 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,212,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
You're right, most cops never fire their guns in the course of their career, so what makes civilian gun-owners think they need a 30 round magazine?
Strong grasp on logic there lol

Most people never use the airbag in their car... so what makes us think we need them?

Most people never use their fire extinguisher, so what makes us think we need them?

Old 04-12-2013, 05:22 AM

6,175 posts, read 12,939,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
You're right, most cops never fire their guns in the course of their career, so what makes civilian gun-owners think they need a 30 round magazine?
Are you suffering under the delusion that our government can and should make illegal anything for which we cannot demonstrate a need?

Old 04-12-2013, 05:26 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,267,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
When has there been an incident in the USA that a law abiding citizen used a 30 round clip to fight off bad guys? I have not heard of that and would like to read about it.
I'm with you. I have yet to hear about ANYONE in the USA needing a 30 round clip for much of anything. If anyone who hunts needs 30 rounds to bag a deer, moose or any other game then hunting just might NOT be their forte!
As for needing that many rounds to protect your home..,hmmmm...a large dog and a pistol will pretty much cover it one would think.
For some real insight, try talking with any of the parents who lost their babies to a lunatic with all kinds of weapons that NORMAL folks don't keep.

Old 04-12-2013, 05:28 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,212,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pammyd View Post
I'm with you. I have yet to hear about ANYONE in the USA needing a 30 round clip for much of anything. If anyone who hunts needs 30 rounds to bag a deer, moose or any other game then hunting just might NOT be their forte!
As for needing that many rounds to protect your home..,hmmmm...a large dog and a pistol will pretty much cover it one would think.
For some real insight, try talking with any of the parents who lost their babies to a lunatic with all kinds of weapons that NORMAL folks don't keep.
Seriously?

So you are willing to just give up your right to own something legally under the constitution because it makes you feel better?

Old 04-12-2013, 05:30 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
Just because I do not need at this time a semi-automatic rifle that uses 30 or more cartridge magazine does NOT mean I don't want one or should not have one. Weather I am armed or not is my concern. Not the concern of you, the government or the society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies