Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 09:15 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
You have to remember, queeny seems to be only interested in the SEXUAL aspects of life. Apparently, if it isn't related to SEX it just isn't on her radar screen at all!
I guess if you collect ANYTHING, you must sit around fondling it or them, hoping for an orgasm. One has to wonder what SHE uses to achieve the desired result?
Kewpie dolls? Avon bottles? Madame Alexander dolls? GI Joe Action Figures?
Who knows. well, actually WHO CARES!
Personally, I have come to think of her posts as gutter humor. Looked at from that perspective, they are absolutely HILARIOUS! MUCH better than the dirty jokes I used to hear in the Navy!
The ban bunny mentallity does tend to revolve around sex, everything they are in opposition to has a sexual connotation, when talking about those in dissent with them. It's almost...Freudian.

I have commented on this quirk, in lots of other threads, and it is an obvious commonality between gun haters, to have this projection issue. We firearms types have tended to take it on faith that we will hear this in every discourse, but, personally, I am so sick of it.The banners use this so much, and they are the ones who beat it to death. If there is any personallity type that has a sexual fascination with firearms, it is not we , of the shooting community.

Such crass and juvenile invective, certainly, lends nothing to the credibility of their "arguments", but does serve to inflame and exacerbate the situation. Like vigorously scratching an infectious skin rash.

The more we try, to, actually, present a logical argument, the more raucous yammering, about "hugging","fondling" "popping wood" on and on ad nauseum, we hear. "Common sense" solutions, indeed.

Old 04-12-2013, 09:44 AM

308 posts, read 398,344 times
The real issue with Biden's statement is that the REAL Ferraris of the firearms world, made by companies like Purdey & Sons, Ltd. in Great Britain or Fabbri in Italy, are completely irrelevant to the US gun debate. In fact, I'm sure that Biden himself would be ecstatic to own one and he'd sure love the way they feel.

Comparing mass produced AR-15s and service pistols like Sigs and Glocks to handmade luxury items like Ferrari is pretty far fetched in my opinion. Now, if he'd said that people own guns because they're like Chevrolet pickup trucks, he might have had a point. Both are useful tools that do their jobs well.

Old 04-12-2013, 09:50 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the mask View Post

Not a fair comparison. Operating a Ferrari at anything near it's design limits on a public highway places the public at far greater risk than does someone owning a firearm for self defense, hunting, or taking it to the shooting range. If you only took the Ferrari to the track, while towing it on a trailer, you might be able to make a valid comparison.

Now, keep in mind, there are no background checks to buy a Ferrari. No waiting periods. No restrictions on ownership if you're a felon or have a history of mental illness. What is wrong with that scenario?

Old 04-12-2013, 10:07 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,261,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Then it should be easy for you to show these postings...

Please do, I'm anxious to see them...and really want to read what you are saying....

tic-toc....
Yeah, if I didn't have a job, and the C-D search function wasn't so crappy, I would. You know they're there too.

Old 04-12-2013, 10:32 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Yeah, if I didn't have a job, and the C-D search function wasn't so crappy, I would. You know they're there too.
The internet is rife with posers, of all types. I have written about, certain, personal, firearms, mainly in the context of their purpose, and suitability in given situations. Hardly bragging, and, personally, I refrain from talking about "taking out perps" et al, unless the subject is police or military situations.

Both sides of this issue have their share of, less than relevant, talking points. Most of these revolve around each sides contempt for the other, and grasping at rhetoric and invective, that leads nowhere. If there is a "circle jerk" going on, that's it.

If you and I were to sit down over lunch, and discuss, most anything, but guns, it's likely we might see each other as human beings, instead of some kind of alien life form. However, when "conversation" is prefaced with an, antagonistic, single issue, with common ground being swallowed in an earthquake of diatribe, ears and minds close like a blast door.

Old 04-12-2013, 10:36 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Quote:
I guess you're new here. You haven't seen post after post of "men" on this forum bragging about their guns to each other, everyone trying to top the other guy with his expensive, vast arsenal. They impress each other in a comfy circle jerk, and everyone else is bored to tears.

I see not one person intentional bragging about owning guns, including myself. You may see it as such, but your wrong. Don't make something bigger then it actually is, by taking those people in life, who have problems anyways. The guns are not the problem, the mentally ill, the drug dealers, the druggies, the mafiaso types, thugs, burglars, and plain whackos are the ones giving responsible gun owners a bad name.

Your making this into a bragging frenzy, most of us do not see in this way.

Let me ask you, what would you do, if you had a family member that had her brains blown out, taken apart limb by limb, and organs removed, yeah, what the hell would you do.

I had another family member that was stabbed to death over and over and over again, so please give it a rest, these terrible crimes are going to happen, happened to me, which i never thought possible. And yes i own guns, for my protection, and those i love and my home, which i gosh damn have a right to protect, and who are you to tell me no.

Stop putting all gun owners in the same catergory, that is like putting all Democrats in the same catergory, and we all know what to think about that now, don't we. I have many friends who own guns for hunting purposes, target practice, or merely collecting, and you have no right at all, to say they can't. Guns don't just get out of their safe by themselves, and kill, it is the person behind the gun, remember that.

There are many you want to tear apart for owning a gun, when there are literally thousands upon thousands, and thousands and thousands more, who merely own guns for protection, which is their right, and stored propery and safely. Who the hell are you to say i cannot own a gun for protection when i had two family members innocently killed oh and by the way in their own homes.

Someone breaks into your home, and is ready to kill you, go head use your finger?

Biden is a idiot and most likely a big hypocrite, wonder how many guns he owns. Democrats are the biggest hypocrites out there, do as they say or preach, not as we do?

A couple people last week got killed with knives, are you now going to ban and call people out for knives now too. Too many mentally ill people out there not receiving medical attention, they need, and this is a lot of this problem. We can send money to this Country that Country, but we cannot take care of our own right here who have serious mentally ill related problems.

So are you ok with criminals owning guns, of all kind because they do and they will always, and they will always get their hands on guns of all kinds. You see criminals don't give a damn about you, or me, or the laws of the land, or any new regulations. But decent hard working law abiding people you have a problem with them owning guns, figures.

Last edited by california-jewel; 04-12-2013 at 11:38 AM..

Old 04-12-2013, 10:40 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
I am real proud of my shotgun. But, I guess that's just a Chevrolet, in the magical gun nut world...

Old 04-12-2013, 10:41 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I am real proud of my shotgun. But, I guess that's just a Chevrolet...
Well, unless the government bought out Remington (or whoever), I'd say it's more like a Ford than a Chevy these days.

Old 04-12-2013, 10:46 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Well, unless the government bought out Remington (or whoever), I'd say it's more like a Ford than a Chevy these days.
If I had a Ford, I would take my shotgun to it. I actually have a Pontiac, but thought that would sound too much like bragging.

Old 04-12-2013, 10:48 AM

602 posts, read 574,142 times
Quote:
I guess you're new here. You haven't seen post after post of "men" on this forum bragging about their guns to each other, everyone trying to top the other guy with his expensive, vast arsenal. They impress each other in a comfy circle jerk, and everyone else is bored to tears.

Why read it then?
Do you just like being miserable?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies