Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 02:51 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
This is wrong.
There is no reason to cancel its just a mtter of organizing the community and getting private sponsors. That is the way most such celbrations are done here now days including Madi Gras. Its a actually incoporationed association who runs and funds with sponsors every year. The day of the taxpayer funding is going away everywhere and has been for years in most areas.

Old 04-11-2013, 03:48 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Priorities folks. We're about to welcome 11-20 million undocumented Americans into the fold and May 5 is an important event for the majority of them. Maybe one day they will embrace July 4 just as much as the rest of us citizens do.

Old 04-11-2013, 06:41 PM

1,127 posts, read 903,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
It's more important to celebrate an obscure battle Mexico had against the French?
People, including Obama, have a right to celebrate whatever holiday they choose. I don't celebrate St. Pats or Cinco de Mayo, but if you want to go ahead, it's your right.

Old 04-11-2013, 07:29 PM

4,684 posts, read 4,572,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
so Moochelle can stuff her fat self
Meaning those "fat" lips, of course. Good thing she straightens her hair, I suppose, or we'd be hearing about her "nappy 'fro"?

Old 04-11-2013, 08:07 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Strangely, I can't find anything about any upcoming Cinco de Mayo party on Google.

Old 04-11-2013, 08:08 PM

1,127 posts, read 903,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Strangely, I can't find anything about any upcoming Cinco de Mayo party on Google.
Mainstream media will not report it, you have to go to the KKK , Stormfront, or Tea Party sites to get the story.

Old 04-11-2013, 08:38 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
Another excuse for Barry to get drunk on the taxpayer's dime. Has the clown ever been photographed in public without a beer in his hand?
Have you ever seen him look like this?

Did Obama ever lose a fight with a pretzel while drunk?

I don't think so.

So you think having a drink makes one drunk?
I don't think so.

For someone with your screen name, does that mean that you're posting drunk all the time?

We get it, you hate Obama.

Old 04-11-2013, 08:41 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accel Junky View Post
I've worked at that Fort Bragg event for a few years with a vendor. There are a ***** load of people and a ***** load of vendors and sponsors. Many more family members than soldiers and they bring money and buy tokens that the vendors then have to turn over to the base to collect their earnings. The base collects a percentage of the vendor revenue (I think 20% or close to it). There is no way this event has a significant net cost to the military and if you saw the looks on the young soldier's faces (these are mostly those in boot camp) you would realize the morale boost.

This is just more "highly visible" cuts being SURGICALLY SELECTED to cause the most "outrage" over what amounts to fake cuts in the budget. The 2013 budget is actually STILL higher than last year even with the sequester. Imagine the bickering and whining when REAL cuts have to be made. I'm sure we will see Greece in a hurry.
You're wrong.
You don't see the costs of the logistics, buses, overtime, etc.
You just want what you want.
Why not give up all tuition reimbursement if you want a party instead?
It's discretionary spending.

Don't like it? Pay for your own party, don't re-enlist, don't join the military, have it off-base.
Geez, talk about whining.

How about those 8,000 people who will be having their pay cut, you don't seem to care about them one whit.
You want a party instead.
The military isn't a party and it's not supposed to be welfare.

Old 04-12-2013, 01:52 AM

510 posts, read 430,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate
so Moochelle can stuff her fat self
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarian View Post
Meaning those "fat" lips, of course. Good thing she straightens her hair, I suppose, or we'd be hearing about her "nappy 'fro"?
Yes Squarian, because when people make fun of say Chris Christie's or Hillary's weight they're really using racist code..?

Old 04-12-2013, 03:01 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,780,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Priorities folks. We're about to welcome 11-20 million undocumented Americans into the fold and May 5 is an important event for the majority of them. Maybe one day they will embrace July 4 just as much as the rest of us citizens do.
Nah. May 5th will become a national holiday the same as July 4. The difference will be pinatas for everyone!!!!!

I see you are catching on and being oh so politically correct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies