Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 12:56 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,226,412 times

Advertisements

What's a good nation to move to?

Certain things in the news, along with CD discussions are making me paranoid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2013, 01:02 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,974,080 times
I really don't know...
A private island in the Caribbean, perhaps...
A thatched hut in Namibia?
Buy a motorhome, register it in Wyoming, pay off all the bills, and just drop off the face of the Earth?
I have been thinking abut this myself, and I can't think of any place better than RIGHT HERE, even if the Demoncraps/obamafanatics have their way.
I agree and sympathize with your paranoia.

Old 04-11-2013, 01:10 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,461,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post

You won't find another country, at least not one with a decent standard of living, that has gun laws as lenient as those in the US -- even if expanded background checks pass, which is doubtful anyway.

Don't worry. No one is going to take your guns. It is all about guns, right?

And before anyone mentions Switzerland, go read up on their gun laws and see if you really, truly think they are "more lenient" than the laws in even the most restrictive parts of the US.

Old 04-11-2013, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
I really don't know...
A private island in the Caribbean, perhaps...
A thatched hut in Namibia?
Buy a motorhome, register it in Wyoming, pay off all the bills, and just drop off the face of the Earth?
I have been thinking abut this myself, and I can't think of any place better than RIGHT HERE, even if the Demoncraps/obamafanatics have their way.
I agree and sympathize with your paranoia.
What about Guatemala?
At least their right to guns is guaranteed.

Old 04-11-2013, 01:21 PM

Quote:
What about Guatemala?
At least their right to guns is guaranteed.
Is it?

Guatemala News | Guatemala's new Arms and Ammunition law starts today

Quote:
People interested in obtaining a license to carry firearms must meet more requirements than before the new law was enforced. They have to undergo psychological testing, have to prove knowledge about weapon handling and pass test firing practices.

With the new law, criminal sanctions are also in force for illegal possession of fire arms. Among the more severe criminal offense are carrying of modified firearms, an article inserted into the law that addresses the arms used by criminal gangs and maras. This offense carries an inconmutable sentence of 10 to 15 years in prison. Criminals who manufacture modified weapons will get prison sentences from 6 to 9 years. Another important change is regarding the amount of ammunition that can be bought per weapon, the limit established by the new law is 250 shells.

Old 04-11-2013, 01:23 PM

5,633 posts, read 5,358,427 times
Quote:

Like what? I can only imagine it's about guns (as someone mentioned above). Are you worried about the loss of freedom of speech? Protesting? What all are you worried about? That will help us give you some recommendations.

I'm glad I don't live my life in fear, and that instead I go about every day with ease of mind.

Old 04-11-2013, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samiwas1 View Post
Like what? I can only imagine it's about guns (as someone mentioned above). Are you worried about the loss of freedom of speech? Protesting? What all are you worried about? That will help us give you some recommendations.

I'm glad I don't live my life in fear and go about every day in ease.
Well, I for one live in constant terror that Obama's army of brownshirts will knock on my door and force me to let a soldier sleep on my sofa. Because his assault on our treasured Third Amendment rights has been unrelenting.

Old 04-11-2013, 01:27 PM

I guess not...

...Well it's a sad state of affairs when people forget their history and leave themselves vulnerable to a military takeover.

Old 04-11-2013, 01:27 PM

1,672 posts, read 1,771,362 times
America is the last "agreeable" nation on the planet with lenient gun laws.

Even most poorer nations have much stricter gun access.

Best thing to do is become a mercenary and not really be part of any nation :P

Old 04-11-2013, 01:31 PM

Quote:
I guess not...

...Well it's a sad state of affairs when people forget their history and leave themselves vulnerable to a military takeover.
Neighboring Honduras is a heavily armed society, but in 2009 it experienced a military coup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies