Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 12:39 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Who used to be one of those Chicago politicians? Why that would be your dear leader. Now he is a saint in your eyes for some reason. Apparently you don't follow the news there very close. Or just ignore any that is about the ONE.
Get off your damn high horse. The politicians where you live are just as crooked. The pastors too since this is somehow being connected to Wright.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2013, 12:51 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Get off your damn high horse. The politicians where you live are just as crooked. The pastors too since this is somehow being connected to Wright.
Come on D, this is Chicago. KUChief is from Kansas which has corruption but they are rank amatures compared to Chicago. Now if it was Louisiana or Philly etc. then that'd be more of a competition.

Old 04-12-2013, 12:54 PM

1,127 posts, read 904,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Come on D, this is Chicago. KUChief is from Kansas which has corruption but they are rank amatures compared to Chicago. Now if it was Louisiana or Philly etc. then that'd be more of a competition.
Compared to Chicago, Kansas is amateur in every area, except cow tipping.

Old 04-12-2013, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Who used to be one of those Chicago politicians? Why that would be your dear leader. Now he is a saint in your eyes for some reason. Apparently you don't follow the news there very close. Or just ignore any that is about the ONE.
I called the majority of politicians in Chicago dirty and you somehow you interpreted it as a defense of Obama? You implied somehow that I think he's a saint?

Care to re-read and apologize?

Old 04-12-2013, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Green Giant View Post
Compared to Chicago, Kansas is amateur in every area, except cow tipping.
....and public education.....murders, crime.....cost of living....commuting times...green space.

Careful Jolly, I've lived in both places while you are just going off of mythology.

Neither place is perfect.

Old 04-12-2013, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I'd offer to trade Chicago Fred Phelps for Wright but phelps will probably be dead within a year or so and is semi-incapacitated so I will just wait that one out.

Maybe if Chicago threw in a couple Giordano's deep dish pizza's I'd reconsider.

I will also offer up in a trade of equal value my pet unicorn in exchange for Cubs playoff tickets.

Bazinga!

Old 04-12-2013, 01:38 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I'd offer to trade Chicago Fred Phelps for Wright but phelps will probably be dead within a year or so and is semi-incapacitated so I will just wait that one out.

Maybe if Chicago threw in a couple Giordano's deep dish pizza's I'd reconsider.

I will also offer up in a trade of equal value my pet unicorn in exchange for Cubs playoff tickets.

Bazinga!
Lol...funny.

I'm just trying to understand the obsession with Jeremiah Wright. He's a retired pastor, has been retired for about a decade, and never ran for anything.

What axe do people have to grind with him. He's nobody.

Old 04-12-2013, 04:51 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,409,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Anyone find it funny that the very same individuals who claim that children belong to the neighborhood, are now saying that Wright isnt responsible for her daughters actions..

Bunch of left wing hypocracy.

btw, no, he isnt responsible, she's an adult, but then I'm not a hypocrite.
I never said children belong to the neighborhood. I don't want to be responsible for other people's children. So does the fact that I disagree with MHP mean I'm not a liberal in your view?

Do you consider a 50-year-old woman to be the responsibility of her parents?

Old 04-12-2013, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
So it's O.K. to simply pretend you aren't?

He isn't trying to please Republicans. He is giving a big F.U. to you. He's telling you that he can make promises that he has no intention of keeping and that he will do everything he can to make sure the rich continues to get theirs and you are still going to vote for him because he knows all he had to do was say what you wanted to hear.
What "pretending"? Are you a psychic? Think you can read my mind? Please!

I didn't vote for him because of any "promises." I voted for him because IMO Romney would have been far worse. That's it. I agree; I'm not convinced at all that Obama cares about his base. Still, IMO he was a better choice than Romney. At least Obama has to "pretend" and there are Democratic politicians who are NOT happy with his latest "give" to the Republicans by putting Social Security "on the table." In retrospect, I think Hillary would have been a far better President than Obama has been.

Last edited by CaseyB; 04-14-2013 at 04:54 AM.. Reason: off topic

Old 04-12-2013, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
How can any president accomplish anything when the other party is the house majority, without serious compromise? Committees have the ability to anonymously add unrelated pork to any bill and do it all the time to get the vote. This is how it works, whether we like it or not.

And some of the time a president's agenda is not supported by his own party and horse trading does not work.

If Romney had won and the Democrats held a house majority, it would be a similar situation.
He gives up too much. He is not a good negotiator. He didn't take his case to the public for support as much as he should have done so. And, yes, I know that the Republicans have been absolutely obstructionists.
I would never have voted for Romney, ever.

Of course hindsight is always better......but in retrospect I really wish I had voted for Hillary back in the primary for 2008. I think Hillary is a better politician and more experience in Washington, plus she would have been willing to be tougher than Obama has been. Just my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies