Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2013, 09:53 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,262,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal buttons View Post
sure a lot of men say that but when you look at their dating history all you see is lightskinned women you remind me of those entertainers who make songs celebrating darkskinned women yet have a stable full of lightskinned/mixed/white/latina girlfriends.
I'm white and my girlfriend is black... If I was going for or had a preference for light skinned girls I would just date a white girl. You really can't get much lighter than white unless you find an albino somewhere. Also, while I have never rejected a girl for the color of her skin I have been rejected for the color of mine. What some entertainer does shouldn't matter to you unless you are running in those social circles.

Old 04-25-2013, 10:16 AM

66 posts, read 82,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
I'm white and my girlfriend is black... If I was going for or had a preference for light skinned girls I would just date a white girl. You really can't get much lighter than white unless you find an albino somewhere. Also, while I have never rejected a girl for the color of her skin I have been rejected for the color of mine. What some entertainer does shouldn't matter to you unless you are running in those social circles.
Well, what they do does matter to me. It matters a lot. Don't tell me how I should feel or what should affect me. And a lot of the dating preferences of black male entertainers, reflect what's going on in my reality as well. Plenty of black men try to model their dating preferences after actors/singers/rappers on TV. So, it hits very close to home

Old 04-25-2013, 10:25 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
There is no talking any sense into this psychotic person.

Old 04-25-2013, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
There is no talking any sense into this psychotic person.
Don't call me psychotic because you can't relate to what I'm going through...you're not a black woman.

Old 04-25-2013, 10:36 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,384,203 times
Quote:
Don't call me psychotic because you can't relate to what I'm going through...you're not a black woman.
I'm a black woman and I can't relate to what you're going through. Not to the extent that you are going through it. Yes, I've had my fair share of rejection but I keep on struttin'.

Old 04-25-2013, 10:48 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,262,817 times
Quote:
Well, what they do does matter to me. It matters a lot. Don't tell me how I should feel or what should affect me. And a lot of the dating preferences of black male entertainers, reflect what's going on in my reality as well. Plenty of black men try to model their dating preferences after actors/singers/rappers on TV. So, it hits very close to home
Were you ever in the running to be with any of the entertainers? If you weren't then what they do doesn't matter. What is the point of getting upset over someone you don't know? Maybe the black guys around you are mimicking what they see on tv. I can think of plenty of black girls that are ignoring the stand up guys and going out with the thuggish guys as well though. Case in point, a friend of mine is a finance major and from Kenya, but he isn't really getting near the attention the other guys are.

Perhaps you should change your hangout spots. I've never tried to attract or pick up a guy, but I'm sure your friends could give you pointers. meetup.com is a good site for social groups as well. I seriously doubt it's your skin color though.

Old 04-25-2013, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Were you ever in the running to be with any of the entertainers? If you weren't then what they do doesn't matter. What is the point of getting upset over someone you don't know?
Because it would be nice to see a famous black male entertainer who has access to any woman he wants choose a darkskinned Black woman. It says a lot. Most black men when they get money go out and get the lightest woman they can get.

Quote:
I can think of plenty of black girls that are ignoring the stand up guys and going out with the thuggish guys as well though. Case in point, a friend of mine is a finance major and from Kenya, but he isn't really getting near the attention the other guys are.
I couldn't care less. This doesn't apply to me. Next.

Quote:
Perhaps you should change your hangout spots. I've never tried to attract or pick up a guy, but I'm sure your friends could give you pointers. meetup.com is a good site for social groups as well. I seriously doubt it's your skin color though.
Skin tone plays a huge factor when choosing a mate and I've witnessed many black men say they wouldn't date a darkskinned woman.

Old 04-25-2013, 11:16 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:

I'm not calling you psychotic because I can't relate - I'm calling you psychotic because you obviously are filled with self loathing, a rampant inferiority complex, and a distorted idea of how you look to other people. You refuse to post a photo so all we can go by is your own bizarre sounding statements about how you think you look.

Heck, you may not even be a black woman for all we know. Which would also be evidence of psychosis.

Any way you cut it, you need professional help from a psychiatrist, not a plastic surgeon.

And that's the plain truth.

Old 04-25-2013, 11:40 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
Um, is Crystal Buttons the same as the original poster?

Anyway, I think the reason why many black people in show biz date white people is mere likelihood. When you are black and famous, you are more likely to move to a white suburb, plus most people in show biz are white. Oftentimes actors etc. also get to know their spouses at work, just like ordinary people

Old 04-25-2013, 11:56 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
OK, someone just told me that person has various IDs here. What is the purpose of that? Especially when you don't even try to hide it, anyway? Pick one ID and stick with it - till hell freezes over I mean, my ID means newbie, that hardly applies to me anymore, nor would I pick it again, but people know me by that name so I will keep it

[/complaint]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies