Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2013, 02:57 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Jackson used to look good when he was still black, but he looked more and more horrible the whiter he looked. I guess that happens when you change something that shouldn't be changed...
He had a skin condition, that was always whispered about while he was alive, but was confirmed in his autopsy.

Vitiligo.

I believe he made the darker skin light because it was easier to do, than making his light parts dark.

Old 04-27-2013, 02:58 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal buttons View Post
She's an overweight black woman with no sex appeal, and below average looks that whites (particularly white women) don't find threatening. She's a rich Aunt Jemina/Hattie McDaniel. I have no desire to look like this woman. I'd like to see a darkskinned full black woman who is the equivalent of Halle Berry more represented in the media
Regarding Oprah I agree with you for a change...

Old 04-27-2013, 02:59 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
He had a skin condition, that was always whispered about while he was alive, but was confirmed in his autopsy.

Vitiligo.

I believe he made the darker skin light because it was easier to do, than making his light parts dark.
But he changed much more than just the color of his skin, he had plastic surgery as well.

Old 04-27-2013, 03:04 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,262,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal buttons View Post
you live in a small town no wonder you are so out of touch.

african women date out a bit more than african american women. they do it because they want light children. i had an african friend, black as coal who was obsessed with getting a white man. she wanted mixed babies so badly because she was teased for being so dark
Are you now trying to say that African women don't count because they are too African? Didn't you say not that long ago that our examples didn't count because the women were not African enough?

I believe you did under the name purple rage.

Quote:
With regard to the O.P. it seems as if she may suffer from a serious ethnic identity problem.

It is painful for her to live in her own skin.

Maybe as with people who are transgender, she has been born into the wrong body and she would be happier living as a white woman.

Science should begin working to solve this problem immediately.

As the O.P. lives in her own skin, it is causing her undue mental distress which would be eliminated if she could change her skin color and facial features.

There are men walking around as women, have had successful gender reassignment surgery and live as women today. They're not mentally ill - they're trapped in the wrong body.

Michael Jackson successfully changed his skin color and facial features - in reality to succeed he didn't need to.

He was loved by millions as a darker skinned man even if he didn't seem to love himself very much.

The OP should learn to love herself as she is, because as with Michael Jackson, what he changed on the outside had nothing to do with what he had on the inside - his talent. People treated him the same without regard to the skin color he was wrapped in.

Develop your talent and stop being fixated on what you cannot change.

What you look like on the outside has nothing to do with how you are treated by society, it is only your perception that it does.

Use OPRAH WINFREY as an example.
Michael Jackson had skin cancer. He didn't have whitening surgery. This poster wasn't born into the wrong body, she just focuses on the media too much.

Old 04-27-2013, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
But he changed much more than just the color of his skin, he had plastic surgery as well.
He had problems with his self image.

The primary issue we're discussing is self image.

Some women need to see themselves represented as beautiful in order to feel beautiful.

Chasing beauty is pathetic. Women who waste years on slapping makeup on their faces, money on extraneous salon visits etc, put too much VALUE in superficiality.

Superficial vanity is a vice some people chase after for life.

How many 60+ year old women with faces snatched tighter than a drum from plastic surgery wearing BCBC/BEBE/HOT TOPIC style clothing look beautiful?

Not good. That's the result of all the MAINSTREAM MEDIA "STANDARDS OF BEAUTY" BRAINWASHING so many women have BOUGHT INTO.

Turn off the t.v., stop reading fashion magazines - believe me they're not necessary for living, tune out all pop culture.

Try it for ONE YEAR AND SEE HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT YOUR SELF IMAGE.

Old 04-27-2013, 03:15 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purple rage View Post
Black girls with this phenotype are much more accepted in the AA community

but I have a phenotype look like this girl
and I always get asked if i am from Africa and treated like an outsider by the more mixed looking AAs. I've tried straightening my hair but it doesn't help. I have a west african head shape that most likely can't even be changed with surgery. I just want that slightly mixed look like most AAs so I can blend in and fit in more. I am tired of being outcasted for looking too black

Hell, if you looked anywhere near what she looks like wtf are you complaining about
She is fine!

Old 04-27-2013, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Yes, the girl on the bottom would be excluded in the blck community like me. Kelly Rowland has darkskin but a European headshape and she gets much more acceptance in the black community and her looks is more mainstream for a dark woman.
Come to think of it what kind of "black community" do you live in? I have relatives that range from almost white to bi-racial to blue black and I have never heard any of them whine like you are doing. Hell, my father is as light as the President and my mother is as dark as Wesley Snipes and I have never heard either one complain one way or another and they grew up in the 60's

Old 04-27-2013, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Michael Jackson had skin cancer. He didn't have whitening surgery. This poster wasn't born into the wrong body, she just focuses on the media too much.
Post one credible news source that states Michael Jackson had skin cancer.

Michael Jackson had VITILIGO. He used a skin cream to bleach the dark parts of his skin lighter. That's well documented.

Quote:
Jackson suffered from vitiligo, a condition that causes the skin to lose pigment. That too was noted in the report.
Michael Jackson autopsy report confirms singer suffered from vitiligo, wore wig, had tattooed makeup

Old 04-27-2013, 03:20 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,262,817 times
Quote:
Post one credible news source that states Michael Jackson had skin cancer.

Michael Jackson had VITILIGO.
That's what I meant. I knew it was something beyond his control.

Old 04-27-2013, 03:26 PM

Quote:
I'm reminded that lighter is better all the time. Just recently some white girl mentioned to me this beautiful "darkskinned" Black woman, she points to her, and the woman is not even darkskinned. She's rihanna's color with light eyes. I became very depressed and was crying later that day. This happens a lot. someone always telling me how beautiful some lightskin person is. It makes me want to committ suicide

If that made you upset, you really need to get some serious counselling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies