Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 12:54 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,514,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
So you'd rather wait until ... how many lives are affected? Clearly you're a believer in closing the barn door after the horse has been lost. Yep, let's just ignore it. Don't study it any further. Take no action. OhioRules sez it's a waste of time, because he figures it won't affect him in his lifetime.
If you listen to scientists then billions of lives would already have been wiped out.

It has not been ignored either. It's just been proven to be a sham. Like all those other environmental problems that were going to kill billions.

We didn't take any action for the New Ice Age. And nothing adverse happened.

The previous environmental scares reminds us of a valuable lesson that applies to the Global Warming/Climate Change hoax. A false alarm can be raised quickly and easily. Quelling the alarm is hard and slow. The proper research requires time. And by the time that the research is complete, many people have a stake (normally monetary) in wanting scientific truth not to be heard. I’m speaking of people paid to research the “problem”; advocacy groups who gain public support from the lies; and bureaucrats/politicians who have a stake in not being shown to have been in error and who have already built a career on the alleged problem. Not surprisingly, many of the same scientists that warned us about Acid Rain, overpopulation, ozone depletion, etc.. started the Global Warming scare. But they learned their lesson. Under any circumstances never find proof that warming doesn’t exist. Or the money stops.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2013, 01:04 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,655,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
Look at yourself chief.

Your listening to the exact same people that told us global cooling was coming in the 1970s as your sources for global warming is coming.

All they had to do is change a few words around and we are to believe them now?

And they aren't "unknown" studies. They are well-known studies.

Aren't you glad we didn't waste millions of dollars and change public policy to fight global cooling?

By the way, they are using the same computer models now that they were in the 1970s.
Go suck someone else into your retarded, factless, and delusional fantasy land.

Last edited by chad3; 04-12-2013 at 01:25 PM..

Old 04-12-2013, 01:06 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,263,400 times
So first you moved the goalposts from talking about whether science is real, to who pays for science.

Next, you tell me that all these things were fixed by special machinery. I was not aware that machinery invented itself, nor that the concepts that allowed it to be created were researched solely by the private sector -- since you've moved the goalposts.

And finally, here are just a few of the things that government research has given us. Please tell us how you would like to replace them with your precious private sector -- since you've moved the goalposts.

NASA spin-off technologies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

10 NASA Inventions You Might Use Every Day : Discovery Channel

Our Health - Impact - About NIH - National Institutes of Health (NIH)
(You do realize that a huge portion of "private" medical research is funded by *gasp* the government, don't you?)

9 Things Invented For Military Use That You Now Encounter In Everyday Life | Mental Floss

DARPA Miracle Foam Could Save Lives on the Battlefield - Promising Practices - Management - GovExec.com

http://www.iasociety.org/Web/WebCont...nd%20Money.pdf

Please ... stop making yourself sound so stupid. Stupid hurts.

Old 04-12-2013, 01:07 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,655,406 times
Quote:
Groups like NASA, the EPA, and climate scientists that are (not) paid? lols. They work for free? lols.

The previous environmental scares reminds us of a valuable lesson that applies to the Global Warming/Climate Change hoax. A false alarm can be raised quickly and easily. Quelling the alarm is hard and slow. The proper research requires time. And by the time that the research is complete, many people have a stake (normally monetary) in wanting scientific truth not to be heard. I’m speaking of people paid to research the “problem”; advocacy groups who gain public support from the lies; and bureaucrats/politicians who have a stake in not being shown to have been in error and who have already built a career on the alleged problem. Not surprisingly, many of the same scientists that warned us about Acid Rain, overpopulation, ozone depletion, etc.. started the Global Warming scare. But they learned their lesson. Under any circumstances never find proof that warming doesn’t exist. Or the money stops.

I’d say I’m rather impressed how easily they have duped millions of people for a couple decades now, but it aint hard to dupe a Democrat. They just think and do as they are told.
Yes NASA, the EPA, and 97% of the world's climate scientists are involved in a global warming hoax.
The only people we can trust in matters of global warming, are the ExxonMobile paid scientists that appear on Fox news.

Last edited by chad3; 04-12-2013 at 01:28 PM..

Old 04-12-2013, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Your manipulating, delusional, childlike, and insane.
I think name calling is a waste of time. To just call someone childlike, what does that accomplish? And it stops the dialogue. And that's what we need in this day and age more than anything is more constructive dialogue. By just telling someone 'they're delusional' or saying 'you're insane' is adversarial, doesn't promote discussion and at the same time doesn't reveal what you believe, therefore if you think someone is in error you aren't pointing out why. You are in essence doing them a disservice, therefore undermining the very enlightened position you claim to take.

Old 04-12-2013, 01:24 PM

Quote:
So first you moved the goalposts from talking about whether science is real, to who pays for science.

Next, you tell me that all these things were fixed by special machinery. I was not aware that machinery invented itself, nor that the concepts that allowed it to be created were researched solely by the private sector -- since you've moved the goalposts.

And finally, here are just a few of the things that government research has given us. Please tell us how you would like to replace them with your precious private sector -- since you've moved the goalposts.

Please ... stop making yourself sound so stupid. Stupid hurts.
I never said science wasn't real. I said they have been wrong about environmental disaster predictions hundreds of times before. And I didn't bring up who pays for it. chad3 did. I was pointing out that the people he said weren't paid, in fact are.

I never said machinery invented itself. I said private sector engineers invented it. I also never said government research hasn't done some good things, so your list is pointless.

I said the same people that have been wrong about every single environmetal disaster in the past are the same people now telling us to change our lifestyles and give them millions because of global warming. If they have been wrong about everything in the past, why should we believe them now?

You obviously are assuming you know what I said instead of paying attention to what I really did say.

Old 04-12-2013, 01:29 PM

1,243 posts, read 1,147,347 times
Quote:
How the hell do you imagine these things remained localized, or were "cleaned up relatively quick"??? Fairy dust? Your Bible?

It was science that taught us what to do, how to do it, and when. That's the point of science, for Gods' sake. To study, understand and try to ameliorate the bad things. You can't then turn around and claim that these things prove science was wrong -- if anything, your lists shows us where science was RIGHT.

No. I think you're missing the point. It was the scientists who were claiming that these things were occuring. I remember reading about this when I was in school in the 1980s. I lived through this, listening to it on the nightly news. I remember being taught this in school in the mid to late 80s. Is reading comprehension a problem for you? The poster didn't make this up. It was the scientists who were claiming this.

The whole point of his post was to show that scientists - and consensus - can be wrong, especially when it is politicized.

Old 04-12-2013, 01:29 PM

Quote:
I never said science wasn't real. I said they have been wrong about environmental disaster predictions hundreds of times before. And I didn't bring up who pays for it. chad3 did. I was pointing out that the people he said weren't paid, in fact are.

I never said machinery invented itself. I said private sector engineers invented it. I also never said government research hasn't done some good things, so your list is pointless.

I said the same people that have been wrong about every single environmetal disaster in the past are the same people now telling us to change our lifestyles and give them millions because of global warming. If they have been wrong about everything in the past, why should we believe them now?

You obviously are assuming you know what I said instead of paying attention to what I really did say.
And yet, I've just destroyed this conclusion of yours, since Chad and both proved you completely and absolutely wrong. Seriously, I'm starting to feel sorry for you, probably because you're from my home state or something. Please stop making yourself look like such a fool.

Old 04-12-2013, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman71 View Post
No. I think you're missing the point. It was the scientists who were claiming that these things were occuring. I remember reading about this when I was in school in the 1980s. I lived through this, listening to it on the nightly news. I remember being taught this in school in the mid to late 80s. Is reading comprehension a problem for you? The poster didn't make this up. It was the scientists who were claiming this.

The whole point of his post was to show that scientists - and consensus - can be wrong, especially when it is politicized.
And my entire point is that that's the point of science. To keep studying stuff to see what's true and what's not. The smarter the get, the more we know.

Seriously, do you not understand this? Or do you simply recommend that we stop all scientific research today, at, oh, 4 pm Eastern, since sometimes we learn new stuff that changes our understanding of old stuff?

Old 04-12-2013, 01:38 PM

Quote:
And yet, I've just destroyed this conclusion of yours, since Chad and both proved you completely and absolutely wrong. Seriously, I'm starting to feel sorry for you, probably because you're from my home state or something. Please stop making yourself look like such a fool.
So when they said acid rain would destroy every forest in Europe they were correct?

When they claimed everyone would die of sun poisoning from ozone depletion they were correct?

When they claimed mass starvation due to "overpopulation" they were correct?

When they claimed the Kuwati oil fires would burn for decades and freeze the earth they were correct?

When they claimed we were out of landfill space in the 1980s they were correct?

When they claimed California sand was carconigenic and would kill millions they were correct?

When they claimed red dye #2, or was it #3, in M&Ms would kill millions they were correct?

When they claimed killer bees from Mexico would kill millions they were correct?

I can't remember what Love Canal was gonna do but I bet it was awful. lols.

Now the same exact people claim global warming is going to destroy the planet. And when the direness of the situation fails to materialize they just push the date of calamity in the future a few years. lols.

What conclusion of mine did you destroy? lols.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies