Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 06:38 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,729,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Your college grade is not dependent on you agreeing with me here on CD.

I can imagine the results of someone in the classroom saying "I disagree" with the teacher.
I can, they get suspended. Remember the kid who refused to stomp on the paper with Jesus's name on it? He was suspended, and the university supported his suspension until the conservative blogs started covering the story. Eventually the school reversed their position and moved the student to another class.

There have been lots of threads recently about teachers bad mouthing or bullying conservatives and/or Christians. The liberals in most of those threads said "So what, it's one dumb person. You can't prove it's a trend."

In this thread the response seems to be changing to, "So what, they are right." The hate in this country truly comes from the left, as confirmed over and over by liberal commentators who see the truth.

It's funny, if people question Obama's policies, they "hate" him and are "racist." But when libs spew names about tens of millions of people, they are "just telling the truth." Because tens of millions of people are all the same, but Obama can not be questioned in any area.

Old 04-12-2013, 06:59 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
First and foremost the Republicans are the party of the hyper wealthy. Secondly they are the party of the moderately wealthy. Thirdly they are overwhelmingly older white males that wonder where their privilege went. These people do not like current reality where many of the voters are relatively poor, non white and realize that they have been exploited by rich white men since the beginning of time.

The political problem for the Republican Party is the demographic and wealth distribution of the country is changing and they party is not. I expect the Republican Party to fade away and the Democratic Party to split into the financial wing of rich democrats and another party of the rest of us. The wealthy wing will protect privilege and low taxes on the wealthy and the other side will push for lower taxes on the non-wealthy and such things a Universal Health Care that does not include the private insurance companies. I will be in that wing of the Democratic Party even though I am a white old man.

Old 04-12-2013, 07:00 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
[font=Verdana]First and foremost the Republicans are the party of the hyper wealthy. Secondly they are the party of the moderately wealthy.
The wealth gap between the have and have not's have grown by leaps and bounds the last 4 years.

Old 04-12-2013, 07:16 AM

10,032 posts, read 9,507,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
You can get in trouble these days for telling the truth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
How long till some idiot poster shows their hate and says he's telling the truth..
Sure didn't take long.

Old 04-12-2013, 07:16 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moreau36 View Post
As I said in my post, indoctrination comes from both sides, not just from republicans or democrats. Indoctrination is indoctrination period. The problem is that people don't think for themselves anymore. They, instead, follow the political playbook.

Yes they do.

Old 04-12-2013, 07:23 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,954,135 times
USC Professor Tells Students Republicans Are ‘Stupid,’ ‘Racist’

He should take a good look in the mirror, because he is talking about himself. Stupid and racists.

Old 04-12-2013, 07:36 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the mask View Post
Political propaganda in our universities which I think is typical of most universities---indoctrinating our students.

The irony the moron professor is an old white male.

USC Professor Tells Students Republicans Are
I'll bet he'd be out on his ear if he said something equally offensive about the LGBT community.

Last edited by OICU812; 04-12-2013 at 08:16 AM..

Old 04-12-2013, 08:04 AM

288 posts, read 230,840 times
Default Racist rant from liberal professor caught on tape.

Caught on Tape. Liberal Professor's Racist Rant

Shocker...

Old 04-12-2013, 08:14 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary54mi View Post
After living and working in Detroit up to four yrs ago, I can relate to the anger toward old white people. It is brainwashing from the community, media, schools, parish preachers which is mainly driven by politicians. I call it "keeping the hate alive." It is sick, maladaptive and manipulative.
This is exactly what liberal democrats do, calling their opponents the most hateful things is how they reinforce their ideological armor. The more racist, sexist and bigoted they see other liberals become, the more libs need to attack their opponents to convince themselves that their opponents are even worse.

They are like children who get a bad grade in school, and they frantically look around to find some other kid with a lower grade, then they can puff up their chest and say "At least I'm not as bad as him." This carries over into their politics as adults, no matter how bad their policies become, they've got to vilify their opponents to convince themselves that their opponents’ policies would be even worse than their own.

They need to dehumanize the people their policies will hurt, in order to convince themselves that their actions are justified. Either they make the people out to be self-destructive imbeciles, who are unable to make simple decisions on their own, setting themselves up as noble caretakers of the unfit masses. Or they make the people out to be an unruly mob, which will only harm others if not properly controlled, and they set themselves up as the noble protectors of the people.

How else can they justify using the power of government to steal people's money, unless they build up an image of them as evil, hate-filled monsters? How else can they justify infringing on their constitutionally protected liberties and rights, unless they make them out to be cloven-hoofed demons, worthy of scorn?

Old 04-12-2013, 08:32 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary54mi View Post
After living and working in Detroit up to four yrs ago, I can relate to the anger toward old white people. It is brainwashing from the community, media, schools, parish preachers which is mainly driven by politicians. I call it "keeping the hate alive." It is sick, maladaptive and manipulative.
" I can relate to the anger toward old white people"

I find it ironic the the "professor" is an "old white man"

Do you just love it when people lump ALL, old white men, blacks, whites, lefties, righties, (pick the group) together?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies