Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 12:09 PM

945 posts, read 968,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
according to the teacher, no she didn't tell them to do so.

or simply children who don't want to be the focus of the anger of their parents (over something trivial), shifting blame to someone else.

You mean this part:

and it's apparent that the father absolutely has how smart his son is, if he thinks that his son would write something "more jumbled" than that. There was nothing "nice" about that sentence, and even there was corrections made to it.

I don't know where you are getting this from the article, because all the school did was 1 other student's parent's complained. That's it. But only now THIS father, comes to complain, but takes it to the media instead.

Again, this is nothing but 15 minutes of "fame" for this "father" showing the world, that American Parents care less about their kids education, till after the fact.

I THREW out there are possibilities as to why the sentences was written, and that WE DON'T know the CONTEXT of why it would have been written, but you get over dramatic about it ignoring all of that.

I'm sure the spelling corrections were done by the teacher. doesn't mean SHE told them to write it in the first place.

It's absolutely positively correct. This is outrage over something that happened 4 months ago, because the parent's of this CHILD, didn't due their due diligence to go over school work with their child.

I'm sorry, but these parents need to find some parenting classes.

that is not what I stated, and you are obviously too biased to understand, that as a parent you have a say in what your child learns, but that means as a parent you MUST be active in your child's education. Curriculum are usually provided to parents at the beginning of the year, with quarterly updates, about subjects/topics that will be covered. and of course the nearly bi-monthly meetings with your child's teachers that happen can also update you on what is going on your child's classroom.

These parents ignored their child's education for months.

Once again: the article states that the TEACHER didn't make them write it. The school even supports the teacher.

the only asinine thought here, is the fact that people are making a mountain out of a mole hill in this incident. Since you know, YOU DON"T HAVE THE ENTIRE STORY!

What would be the context of writing it? There is a reason why teachers ask students to write things down.

that could be a lesson in how to detect false statements. "Please write this statement down, and point out all the false statements made in it".

Or

Please write this sentence down, and in a short essay explain why this would be considered a criminal act in America.

CONTEXT. Something that YOU are having a hard time understanding.
Dawson totally agrees with you

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2013, 12:09 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by derosterreich View Post
You don't even acknowledge a massive liberal bias and blatant ignorance to the Constitution being taught in public schools across the country.

If you turned out just fine, so did Corky Thatcher and the Challenger space mission.
Considering you have no idea who I am, I'll take that with a grain of salt. No, I don't think there is a massive liberal bias. What I do think it is is a massive conservative talking point based on the actions of a few.

Old 04-12-2013, 12:21 PM

288 posts, read 230,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
Sorry to be blunt but there is only one way to put this. The parent needs to lose custody for interfering with the son's education.
Wow...yer nuts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
Obviously you don't have kids.
I do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInHouston View Post
Four... and I go over the papers in my kids backpack with them on a daily basis.
Same here. EVERY DAY! My daughter brings home an agenda and the teacher writes in it what home work there is,whether she was good or not that day as well. Soon as she comes through the door I or my wife get the back pack read the agenda daughter gets her snack and does her homework. My parents didn't care about my schooling very much never made sure I was doing my work and I ended up not finishing high school in the normal fashion. I refuse to let my kids end up like that.

Old 04-12-2013, 12:30 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Don't you know your kids no longer belong to you anymore, they belong to the "community"
It takes a village.

Old 04-12-2013, 01:27 PM

24,404 posts, read 23,065,142 times
Fire the teacher and the administrator in charge.

Old 04-12-2013, 01:30 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInHouston View Post
I think you're overlooking what I'm getting at. I have neither defended nor objected to what the parents claim the teacher did. What I'm saying is I don't trust the veracity of the parents story based on three things:
  1. They did not check his backpack for schoolwork and papers for months.
  2. When they did, they threw out the paper without even skimming what was on it.
  3. Rather than go to the teacher, principal, counselor or school board... they went straight to the media.
I dont give a rats ass about the veracity of the parents story, the parents arent to blame, and even if they did check the backpack daily, the activity still would have occured
Even if they didnt throw it out, it still would have called
Even if they went to the teachers and not the media, it still would have called.

Your blaming the wrong person.

Old 04-12-2013, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by derosterreich View Post
Wow that was rather funny. I'm composed now, ok.

So the courts are the barometer of what you feel is absolute right or wrong in the country? I don't think courts are very reliable, considering they rubber stamped things ike the NDAA, Patriot Act, Obamacare, circumventing Habeas Corpus on Guantanamo Detainees, etc, etc. which are not only clearly wrong legally, they are immoral. (I suppose you agree with all of those lock-step since the court cleared them?)

So while you may look to the unholy Robes for guidance in your teachings in life, and take them as the gospel I do not. I fight for what I believe is right, what the forefathers intended with the idea of America and then heed their warnings as they actually witnessed the rule of tyranny and know from experience.

Like I said, even a loss is a win. A lawsuit is a warning shot that people won't take this tripe in the classroom, and will not be deterred by a losing battle in the courts.

Then you seem to rule out the chance that you could win on some levels.

This is a win-win proposition for the parents, show them standing with your moral, and your interpretation of Constitutional law and don't bend because some government officials and judges want to rule otherwise.

The lesson is loud and clear, fight for what you believe in and don't fear what others think even if they are the perceived majority.
Um, the fact that the courts rubber stamp numerous laws, actually supports my position

I tell you what, while you're over there laughing, under what legal grounds would you file a lawsuit? "Teacher made my kids write in crayons"?

What exactly would your lawsuit say?

Old 04-12-2013, 01:38 PM

470 posts, read 438,465 times
Default Dad Furious After Finding His 4Th-Grader Crayon-Written Paper; I Am Willing To Give Up Some Of My Rights…To Be Safer

Our public schools have become leftwing indoctrination camps.

Duval teacher tells 4th graders to give up constitutional rights | www.wokv.com

Old 04-12-2013, 01:48 PM

Quote:
according to the teacher, no she didn't tell them to do so.
So 4 year olds, according to you, are planning a revolution to overthrow the US Constitution?
Quote:
or simply children who don't want to be the focus of the anger of their parents (over something trivial), shifting blame to someone else.
But that doesnt even begin to explain why the papers were found MONTHS apart and the teacher had no reasonable response for it.
Quote:
You mean this part:
That doesnt say it was part of a debate..
Quote:
and it's apparent that the father absolutely has how smart his son is, if he thinks that his son would write something "more jumbled" than that. There was nothing "nice" about that sentence, and even there was corrections made to it.
Who do you suppose corrected the paper?
Quote:
I don't know where you are getting this from the article, because all the school did was 1 other student's parent's complained. That's it. But only now THIS father, comes to complain, but takes it to the media instead..
So what? How does him going to the media equate to it not taking place? Is that really all you have? That you dont like how he handled it and thus it was ok?
Quote:
Again, this is nothing but 15 minutes of "fame" for this "father" showing the world, that American Parents care less about their kids education, till after the fact.
After the fact? Do you think they should have wrote stories about it in December, a month before it happened? How the hell do you do that?
Quote:
I THREW out there are possibilities as to why the sentences was written, and that WE DON'T know the CONTEXT of why it would have been written, but you get over dramatic about it ignoring all of that.
The school and the teacher were asked about it in January initially, do you think they could have found an explanation for it in 4 months? If not, how long do you think is reasonable over something you called, trivial?
Quote:
I'm sure the spelling corrections were done by the teacher. doesn't mean SHE told them to write it in the first place.
So once again, the 4th graders must be planning to overthrow the US Constitution. I wonder if anyone called the FBI so they can investigate this group of terrorists..
Quote:
It's absolutely positively correct. This is outrage over something that happened 4 months ago, because the parent's of this CHILD, didn't due their due diligence to go over school work with their child.
And once again I ask you, if the parent found the paper in January, how would this change a dam thing?
Quote:
I'm sorry, but these parents need to find some parenting classes.
Why stop there, clearly they should have their children removed because they dont agree with your garbabe.
Quote:
that is not what I stated, and you are obviously too biased to understand, that as a parent you have a say in what your child learns, but that means as a parent you MUST be active in your child's education. Curriculum are usually provided to parents at the beginning of the year, with quarterly updates, about subjects/topics that will be covered. and of course the nearly bi-monthly meetings with your child's teachers that happen can also update you on what is going on your child's classroom.
So now you are saying that these parents would have been notified at the beginning of the year that this was going to take place, wow, you just keep putting your foot in your mouth.
Quote:
These parents ignored their child's education for months.
You have absolutely not a dam thing to go on in order to make such a claim.. Simply not going through your childs backpack doesnt mean you ignore their education. For gods sakes stop being dumb
Quote:
the only asinine thought here, is the fact that people are making a mountain out of a mole hill in this incident. Since you know, YOU DON"T HAVE THE ENTIRE STORY!
Oh but somehow you do have the entire story, and have pronounced the parents guilty of being bad parents.. Wow, you got all of that from the simple fact that they didnt clean out a backpack..
Quote:
What would be the context of writing it? There is a reason why teachers ask students to write things down.

that could be a lesson in how to detect false statements. "Please write this statement down, and point out all the false statements made in it".

Or

Please write this sentence down, and in a short essay explain why this would be considered a criminal act in America.

CONTEXT. Something that YOU are having a hard time understanding.
FAIL.. The school didnt say anything like that, in fact they said FOUR MONTHS LATER, they are still investigating. It wouldnt take FOUR MONTHS to find that out, would it?

Old 04-12-2013, 01:58 PM

2,075 posts, read 4,446,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I dont give a rats ass about the veracity of the parents story, the parents arent to blame, and even if they did check the backpack daily, the activity still would have occured
Again, you're missing my point. What activity occurred? The parents and teacher are telling two different stories... so who is telling the truth? I've outlined 3 reasons why I believe the parents may be untrustworthy. When you look at all three reasons I listed, I think it's reasonable to infer that they are opportunistic people looking for their 15 mins of fame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies