Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which ideology sounds more "racist"?
Black Americans can't overcome institutionalized racism and need the government to level the playing field 52 50.00%
Black Americans are just as capable as anyone else of succeeding and don't need the government's help 52 50.00%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 03:35 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,095,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Green Giant View Post
Bashing Blacks and liberals, two birds with one stone, let's throw in Mexicans and make it 3, a charm.
Other than that one moronic racist, who here in the 12 pages of this thread did that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2013, 03:36 PM

1,127 posts, read 903,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Other than that one moronic racist, who here in the 12 pages of this thread did that?
Try not to think too hard. That answer is right in front of you

Old 04-12-2013, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Well, golly, gee, I don't understand why those big, bad liberals keep attacking me! I tell them what they think, and call them liars when they disagree with what I tell them they think, and for that they take offense? Are you truly too simple to understand why that might be offensive?

Every left-leaning poster who read your poll understood that this is where you were coming from right from the start. You open your thread with an offensive assumption about a group of people and then act all outraged when that group of people tell you you're full of it.

Again, you never had any intentions of having a real conversation.
It's not an assumption, it's what the democrat party platform is based on; more government to right society's wrongs. That presupposes that certain people NEED the government to overcome obstacles. I don't believe that any group of people is inferior to another. Do you?

Old 04-12-2013, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Your posts are quite possibly some of the laziest posts that I have ever read on c-d. I have asked you for specific examples in over half a dozen posts and you haven't been able to do it once; not once. From henceforth, I will just ignore your posts, since you seem to have no desire to have an intelligent conversation. Good day madam.
As you wish Mr, it's a free country, continue with the race baiting nonsense

Old 04-12-2013, 03:42 PM

I'm not Black, but racist threads like this make me want to join the old school Black Panthers.

Old 04-12-2013, 03:45 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
It's not an assumption, it's what the democrat party platform is based on; more government to right society's wrongs. That presupposes that certain people NEED the government to overcome obstacles. I don't believe that any group of people is inferior to another. Do you?
I would love for you to quote those words directly from the Democratic platform.

You are making a false equalization.

Saying that society his deep problems that government can help fix =/= saying a person is inferior to another one.

Old 04-12-2013, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I would love for you to quote those words directly from the Democratic platform.

You are making a false equalization.

Saying that society his deep problems that government can help fix =/= saying a person is inferior to another one.
You're one of the few posters that hasn't been completely insulting and abusive in your posts; I appreciate that. The whole notion of "big government" is that there is a segment of people that need government aid, intervention, etc. If you flesh that out, it presupposes that some people have a more difficult time than others in overcoming obstacles. I patently reject that notion out of hand, that's one reason that I am a conservative. I believe in the individual, I believe in you.

Old 04-12-2013, 03:52 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
You're one of the few posters that hasn't been completely insulting and abusive in your posts; I appreciate that. The whole notion of "big government" is that there is a segment of people that need government aid, intervention, etc. If you flesh that out, it presupposes that some people have a more difficult time than others in overcoming obstacles. I patently reject that notion out of hand, that's one reason that I am a conservative. I believe in the individual, I believe in you.
Are you are saying .......

You object to the notion that there are people who have the deck stacked against them ?

Or

You reject the notion of government helping those people because they should be able to do it themselves. ?

Old 04-12-2013, 04:10 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,472,864 times
Here is why this poll is flawed. Both "sides" agree that black people are not inferior.

However, one side, I guess sees that there are extra societal obstacles for black people to overcome than there are for white people. They seek to correct this.

The other side thinks, as the OP has stated, that despite these extra societal obstacles black people should be able to achieve as much as white people, even though they have 3 more hurdles in the same race to jump over.

Old 04-12-2013, 04:13 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,867,870 times
Quote:
It's not an assumption, it's what the democrat party platform is based on
You speak in your thread title about intellectual honesty, but from post number one you have exhibited anything but. It's obvious you don't know the meaning of the term. Moving on...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies