Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2013, 11:56 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
The problem is you're just bringing up something you have no intention or desire to fix. Your "criticism" rings hollow b/c conservative policy would leave us exactly in the same position as Obama's.

And this has been my criticism of Obama & Conservatives for years.
I'm not running for President nor Congress.
It's not my job to "fix it".

The voters in America decided they like what Obama is doing and want him to do it for 4 more years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2013, 11:56 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It doesn't matter if you think I am ignorant, because it is just arrogance from your part. I am very happy with all aspects of my life.
I did not call you ignorant and yes as a matter of fact I was ignorant (uneducated) to the facts just like so many others are but at least I admitted it and asked the right questions instead of jumping on an Obama bandwagon that gave me an excuse for my failure. Jumping on Obama's bandwagon would have kept me ignorant and no I would be no further ahead. Instead I asked "what am I doing wrong". I did not expect government to help me and no government didn't help me build that.

So your point is?

Last edited by petch751; 04-14-2013 at 12:05 PM..

Old 04-14-2013, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Then how come corporate profits are through the roof?
A lots of those profits are from the emerging nations.

Old 04-14-2013, 12:00 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
"ignorance is bliss" is a phrase. I never posted "you are ignorant".
If you reply to my post by saying "ignorance is bliss", you are indeed saying "you are ignorant".

Quote:
You are well past the point of even trying to defend and are just attacking posters now and spinning their replies to you.
Posting nothing but "ignorance is bliss" is exactly what you are trying to accuse me of doing.

Why is that you think you can post whatever you want, but when people throw it back at you, you start crying about it?

Old 04-14-2013, 12:01 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
A lots of those profits are from the emerging nations.
lol, I guess liberals thought that the big companies would just bend over and stay in Obama's bulls eye. Small businesses have a harder time moving out of the target zone.

Old 04-14-2013, 12:03 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,109,464 times
Quote:
I'm not running for President nor Congress.
It's not my job to "fix it".

The voters in America decided they like what Obama is doing and want him to do it for 4 more years.
So why do you vote if it's not to "fix" problems? If Candidate A told you "I'm not going to do anything in office" and Candidate B told you "I'm going to address an issue you think needs to be addressed," you're telling us that it's 50/50 who you vote for?

Old 04-14-2013, 12:03 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Yeah except for the fact that this trend of corporate profits & wages has been on the same trend, unabated except by recessions, since Reagan. But yeah...keep blaming systemic flaws that you don't actually care about actually fixing on [insert Democrat].
Your own charts actually show that to be false. The very same tax cuts that you guys moan and groan about, actually increased wages as a % of GDP.

Furthermore, look at the growth under Clinton. Did you kinow he cut the growth of federal spending? Did you know he passed tax cuts, capital gains for example fell from 28% to 20%.. Why are you expecting the same result considering Obama is proposing the complete opposite actions?

Old 04-14-2013, 12:07 PM

Quote:
So why do you vote if it's not to "fix" problems? If Candidate A told you "I'm not going to do anything in office" and Candidate B told you "I'm going to address an issue you think needs to be addressed," you're telling us that it's 50/50 who you vote for?
I vote for the person whom I think can do the best job for this country.
I don't get a vote for everyone in Congress, only my Representatives.

When bills get to Congress, the power and money people have already had their say and got what they want in the bills.

We may send them to DC but they sure don't represent us when it comes time to pass bills.
And it's outright blatent now.

That Sandy Relief bill had $17 billion for "the people" and $33 billion for pork.
How much more arrogant can Congress get about their pork ?

Old 04-14-2013, 12:08 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
If candidate B says he's going to address the issues that need to be addressed, and then suggested policies that would result in the exact opposite outcome, are you really going to vote for him? Seems that so many of you would not only do that, but then revote for him, and then moan at the results..

Old 04-14-2013, 12:10 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,109,464 times
Quote:
I vote for the person whom I think can do the best job for this country.
I don't get a vote for everyone in Congress, only my Representatives.

When bills get to Congress, the power and money people have already had their say and got what they want in the bills.

We may send them to DC but they sure don't represent us when it comes time to pass bills.
And it's outright blatent now.

That Sandy Relief bill had $17 billion for "the people" and $33 billion for pork.
How much more arrogant can Congress get about their pork ?
So yes, you do vote to fix problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies