Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 05:23 PM

1,730 posts, read 1,362,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Green Giant View Post
The Anti-Gun Crowd Has Lost..... But You Wouldn't Know It

So why are so many gun nuts paranoid that the liberals will take away their guns
I'm not paranoid at all. Annoyed that people are stupid enough to believe banning weapons would make any type of difference, yes.
Simple OTC sales of sudafed were stopped, how's the war on meth going?
To the OP, libs have the market cornered in propaganda. They could show North Korea a thing or two.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2013, 05:24 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Who's paranoid?
All the people who claim the government is coming to take their guns.

Old 04-12-2013, 05:25 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Besides -- the black market gun dealers who could be one in the same as the drug dealers aren't going to require background checks and no laws matter to them.
Besides that, it was illegal for Lanza to murder his mother, illegal to take her guns to school, illegal to murder the teachers and children. There is no background check that would psychoanalyze your children, especially when you can buy your guns before you even have children.

Old 04-12-2013, 05:29 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,822,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Green Giant View Post
The Anti-Gun Crowd Has Lost..... But You Wouldn't Know It

So why are so many gun nuts paranoid that the liberals will take away their guns
Hint, it's not the federal government that is going to restrict civil rights.

Old 04-12-2013, 05:32 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
...or just make it easier to take them.

Mental Health FAQ - NYSAFE Act | Governor Andrew M. Cuomo

The NY SAFE Act is designed to remove firearms from those who seek to do harm to themselves or others. This means keeping the minority of individuals with serious mental illness who may be dangerous away from access to firearms. This law should not dissuade any individual from seeking mental health services they need.

I guess that if you are under any form of mental health services, they will come take your guns. But it's just a paranoia to you, eh?

Old 04-12-2013, 05:34 PM

1,127 posts, read 903,877 times
Quote:
Who's paranoid?

Quote:
Ok then....

If you don't think Gun confiscation, Civil War, or at the very least an intrusive government could happen, how do you explain all the facts outlined in the OP? You don't believe Government officials are preparing for..... something? I suppose you think these are just all random coincidences?
If the anti-gun crowd has lost, I'd hate to see your reaction if they won

Old 04-12-2013, 05:35 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,513,842 times

Old 04-12-2013, 05:45 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Except that you have not read it yet, so how can you say " it isn't a half bad idea?"
Granted, I will want to read the bill before I throw my support behind it, but even before all this stuff happened, I was saying that BG checks should include ALL sales at gun shows, even by private sellers. No doubt that it won't stop every criminal or mental defect, but I think it would help.....

I would like to see some statistics on how many criminals and mental defects obtain their guns from gun shows though. That number is important to know before we go enacting laws. Also, I would like to see a viable plan of enforcement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Who is claiming the Gov't is coming to take their guns?

Old 04-12-2013, 05:46 PM

1,127 posts, read 903,877 times
Quote:
Granted, I will want to read the bill before I throw my support behind it, but even before all this stuff happened, I was saying that BG checks should include ALL sales at gun shows, even by private sellers. No doubt that it won't stop every criminal or mental defect, but I think it would help.....

I would like to see some statistics on how many criminals and mental defects obtain their guns from gun shows though. That number is important to know before we go enacting laws. Also, I would like to see a viable plan of enforcement.

Who is claiming the Gov't is coming to take their guns?
You did , recently

Old 04-12-2013, 05:50 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Besides -- the black market gun dealers who could be one in the same as the drug dealers aren't going to require background checks and no laws matter to them.
But most guns used in mass murders were obtained legally.

A Guide to Mass Shootings in America | Mother Jones
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies