Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2013, 11:49 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,068,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I would be most interested in reading the studies that prove a causal relationship between food stamps, Medicaid, disability checks and poverty.

Would you post what you have?
Would you be able to provide us of an example of people who arent poor, but live on food stamps, medicaid, disability checks?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2013, 11:51 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,068,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
I reported it.

I've gotten in trouble in the past for just changing a word or two in a quote; that poster totally attributed something to you you didn't even say.

Takes balls.
Haha, but they DID say it.. I didnt change a dam word, and even linked right to the quote for proof. Guess that means you're going to look awfully silly to the moderator that reads your "report".. haha..

Old 04-12-2013, 11:51 PM

1,127 posts, read 903,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Not enough jobs lol. Because of your jealousy, this is exactly what you voted for.

I'm just one small business. Today I met a girl who was looking for a job. She did not realize it but I was impressed with her and would have loved to offer her a job instead I just took her card. Running an s-corp (flow through) with the taxes I already pay, Obama's fear mongering and all the talk about raising taxes "again", the american people being forced to cut back I will not hire.
I was just hired and my new employer is hiring people every week. Not every business owner is struggling or running their business in the ground, some are doing well.

Old 04-12-2013, 11:52 PM

805 posts, read 1,160,928 times
Quote:
Not enough jobs lol. Because of your jealousy, this is exactly what you voted for.

I'm just one small business. Today I met a girl who was looking for a job. She did not realize it but I was impressed with her and would have loved to offer her a job instead I just took her card. Running an s-corp (flow through) with the taxes I already pay, Obama's fear mongering and all the talk about raising taxes "again", the american people being forced to cut back I will not hire.

Obama hurt the very people who can offer people jobs.
Actually, if you were so concerned about taxes, you would have hired the girl. After all, employee compensation is a deductible business expense and deductible business expenses offset your taxable income.

Old 04-12-2013, 11:53 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,441,040 times
Quote:
Obama has a net worth of $11 million. He just released his 2012 federal income tax returns. He and the First Lady filed their income tax returns jointly and reported adjusted gross income of $608,611. The Obamas paid $112,214 in total tax.

Obama's effective federal income tax rate is 18.4%.
That is somewhat low, and on the face of it, it's not right.

But neither is Mitt making millions, if not billions, and paying 14% like he did in 2011.

Old 04-12-2013, 11:54 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,710,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
How many jobs do you think could be created if we would stop adding hundreds of billions in regulations and spent the other hundreds of billions on job creation programs? The stimulus bill cost how many hundreds of thousands of dollars per job? I forget, but it was asinine..

Thats utterly ridiuclous. The very same claim was made when Clinton cut the growth of federal spending and welfare programs. The only way federal spending stimulates is if the federal government spends cash saved. Even Keynesian economics recognize this to be true.

If you remove $1T out of the economy, and then pump it into the economy, the net result into the economy is $0, which is exactly what the federal governments doing.

Tell me how pumping $0 into the economy, and adding $1T to the federal debt, actually creates jobs?
Actually if you take $1T out of the economy, government takes a huge handling fee, the net result would be a negative number for every day Americans. DC is doing very well

As Bill Bill Maher say, it's outrageous.

Old 04-12-2013, 11:59 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,710,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
That is somewhat low, and on the face of it, it's not right.

But neither is Mitt making millions, if not billions, and paying 14% like he did in 2011.
I do not recall Mitt running around the country saying increase taxes. But people making $200K are not the Mitt Romneys and Obama's.

Since you insist on bringing up Mitt Romney lets look at Obama supporters and their hypocrisy.

Warren Buffett, he supports Obama and is the expert of tax circumvention. He is yet another hypocrite.

Sinegal co-founder, director and former CEO who made a prime-time speech at the Democratic Party convention in Charlotte. So what a surprise this week to see that Mr. Sinegal and the rest of the Costco board voted to give themselves a special dividend to avoid Mr. Obama’s tax increase.

Old 04-12-2013, 11:59 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,246,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_the_facts View Post
Bernie Sanders is the only one in Washington who really cares about the average citizen.
I heart Bernie Sanders.

We need more, many more, just like him.

Old 04-13-2013, 12:00 AM

1,127 posts, read 903,240 times
Quote:
I do not recall Mitt running around the country saying increase taxes. Since you insist on bringing up Mitt Romney lets look at Obama supporters.

Warren Buffett, he supports Obama and is the expert of tax circumvention. He is yet another hypocrite.

Sinegal co-founder, director and former CEO who made a prime-time speech at the Democratic Party convention in Charlotte. So what a surprise this week to see that Mr. Sinegal and the rest of the Costco board voted to give themselves a special dividend to avoid Mr. Obama’s tax increase.
Romney was complaining that half the country doesn't pay enough in taxes.

Old 04-13-2013, 12:00 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,432,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Obviously most of them -- poverty is rapidly rising -- more people on food stamps and Medicaid than ever before. More people living off disability checks.

The "War on Poverty" has been a huge failure, we've got more so-called poor people as a result.

Gees if people live in reality and not a fairytail, they would know why we are in the position we are in, with Obama.

Rocket Scientist not needed for this job. Easy to figure this out, take a good long hard look around. This party is all about poverty, food stamps, and Medicaid. Stand in a line with those who have too, you will see.

I know some acquaintainces who do work for Social Security offices, and the stories i hear, are unfriggin beleivable. And there is more fraud out there, then we hear of. A lot, people will fill out anything on their paper work, and the lies they tell, is so ridiculous. To get accepted for certain programs.

As a Country when we have the number of people on foodstamps that we do, is not something to be proud of.

Save the bull, Obama has been and is still in office, this is on him. The Man spends like a drunken sailor. It is to each individual to believe if Obama paid his fair share or not, we all have our opinion.

Just as long as we have a "War on Poverty" we will never get ahead. You can't win, when we have the number of people who are living in poverty. That is not Hope for people, or bringing to them good change. And that is not moving this Country forward.

Maybe all Presidents lie, but not as good as good Obama, and what a crock that line is.

I too would love to see the percentage of people who are not poor or disadvantaged, who are living off the system, rely on food stamps, medicaid, disability checks, really want to see those numbers don't you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies