Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2013, 06:12 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
Don't forget Washington also takes 15.2% in Social Security and Medicare taxes (and calling 1/2 of it your "employer's share" doesn't change the reality). So you are okay with 33.3 to 37.3% sent to the Federal Government in Washington. Does nobody remember that the Founding Fathers wrote the Constitution to ensure that federal power was small and limited and virtually powerless--they specifically prohibited an income tax because it hands government infinite power and growth.

Then add the 10% average for state and local taxes, to provide the actual services in your community.

43.3% to 47.3% is FAR TOO MUCH to give government. American workers don't MAKE ENOUGH MONEY anymore to give half of it to a government that continues to grow and demand MORE.

As for me, I am NOT okay with someone who vacations half the time and is a celebrity the rest of the time getting $600,000 a year and paying 18%, when my family works incredible hours in very stressful jobs to make far under $200,000, but pays $22.3% (after hiring multiple CPAs to find deductions over many years).

Furthermore, what kind of hypocrite DEMANDS that working Americans pay higher taxes, when he uses deductions not available to any of us to make his tax rate LESS THAN people working 80 hours a week to earn just over $100,000?
Totally off topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2013, 06:23 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Correct. It's just hard to buy a personal Boeing 737 with just wealth. You kinda need some income along the way.
Thats why you use your corporate jet, and not one of your own. This way they deduct all of the costs, including the labor to maintain it.

Warren Buffet uses jet from one of the franctional airline companies he owns for example.

Old 04-14-2013, 08:52 PM

5,633 posts, read 5,357,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
More importantly, why don't the people on welfare get off their butts and work their fair share and pay their fair share.
I'm sure many of them would love to. You know, not all welfare recipients are lazy bums who want to scam as much as they can off of others. You and others' repeated attempts to paint welfare recipients in such a way is nothing short of demeaning. Kind of how I feel that all conservatives are nothing more than money-hungry piranhas who would stab their mother in the back if it netted them another $1000 (yeah, I don't really believe that, but you realize how ridiculous it sounds).

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Per the IRS, the average tax rate of those earning $32,396 is 1.85%, which equals half the nation.

The figures work out to 69 million people, paying a total of $19.5B income tax, for an average of tax liability of less than $.01 each.
Hmm...69 million people pay a total of $19.5 billion, and that's less than 1 cent each? What math are you using? Because when I do my liberal math (it's only taught in blue states), 19.5b / 69m = 282. $282 each. Not less than $.01

Can you please explain how you got the less than $.01?

Quote:
omg, the obsession. The extent liberals will go to to defend Obama is un-fricken believable. What the hell did Obama do for you lol.
What the hell did he do TO you? The last five years have been the most profitable for me, by far. And the future is looking really good with thousands of jobs opening up in my field, within 45 minutes of me, in the next year or so. Every one of my friends who was looking for work after losing their jobs around 2008 found new work and they are doing fine.

Seems like if you have been hurting in the past few years, you made some really bad choices. You should fix that.

Quote:
But I also support removing deductions so people like me, who gross somewhere in the neighborhood of 8 figures, (thats gross, not net), has less incentive to make sure their businesses have a negative net profit a year, thus reducing my tax liability to $0 as well. I make lots of effort to make sure my businesses lose money every year so I dont have to pay taxes.
Quote:
I'll try to remember that when I go to bed tonight in my master bedroom thats probably the size of your home. Or maybe next week when I'm at one of my vacation homes..

Tell me Jolly, since I dont pay a dime in income taxes, what incentive again do you proclaim I would have by hiring? Ooh thats right, I should hire so I can get a tax cut.. haha, ohhhh god the stupidity continues...
Despicable. Really, just...wow.

The very person who whines incessantly and goes on these apoplectic rants about so many people not paying taxes, when those people barely make enough to survive, admits to using accounting tricks to keep himself from having to pay, while he apparently makes 8 figures. That is the 100% definition of a hypocrite, and the very worst kind.

Of course, I'm not sure I believe the whole thing either. If I was pulling in 8 figures, which I never hope to do, I certainly wouldn't be wasting away my days on internet message boards arguing with a bunch of "pee-ons", certainly not self-indulging myself about how big my bedroom is or how many vacation homes I have. Proof positive that money doesn't buy you class or happiness. What a sad life.

EDIT: I'd also like to point out that you're basically blaming the government for having a deduction in place that you choose to take. "It's not MY fault! It's THEIR fault for allowing it!" Blame someone else. Typical.

Quote:
Not enough jobs lol. Because of your jealousy, this is exactly what you voted for.

I'm just one small business. Today I met a girl who was looking for a job. I was impressed with her and would have loved to offer her a job instead I just took her card. Running an s-corp (flow through) with the taxes I already pay, Obama's fear mongering and all the talk about raising taxes "again", the american people being forced to cut back I will not hire.

Obama hurt the very people who can offer people jobs.
Funny, thousands of jobs have been opening up in my city recently. Again...maybe you need to reevaluate how you are doing things if you are hurting so much when so many others seem to be improving.

Quote:
They don't and they are the very people who voted to raise taxes on the other guy. It was kind of funny when they got a surprise at the beginning of the year when Obama said middle class Americans will not pay one more dime in taxes. Obama lied to them and they still defend him. An increase is a tax increase period.
You know...this is funny. I have about 250 Facebook friends. I would say about 90% of them are liberal, and the other 10% conservative, with about half of them being rabid conservatives. And before you go off all half-cocked about how many of my friends are probably moochers on the government dole, realize that I don't know of a single person on my friends list who is not gainfully employed.

So, we hit the time when the payroll tax break expired and people started seeing more coming out of their check. There was shock! There was anger! But where did it come from? Every single message that ranted about it on my wall was from the conservative friends. Not one single liberal friend complained about the raise in their taxes. Not one. But more than a handful of the conservatives did. Apparently the liberals didn't mind so much, or they can afford it without having to cry.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Green Giant View Post
Poor people don't have cars?? LMFAO. $10 says you are the type of person who rants about poor people buying all these luxuries.
Quote:
btw, thats the same poster who suggested everyone owned a car.. haha
Umm...no, he didn't. Just_The_Facts (who was quoted in the post that you quoted) hasn't said anything about cars. In fact, a search of his posting history suggests that he has only used the word "car" once. Maybe I missed his post and you can link to it.

Or were you actually referring to Jolly Green Giant, who simply asked "Poor people don't have cars?" If so, then your response is just a FAIL.

Quote:
We have a president that is hurting all Americans. We have slow growth in case MSMBC doesn't tell you. If demand increases companies will pay overtime instead. They have to see growth and Obama needs to lay off the increase taxes BS for companies to think it is safe to hire.
Really? ALL Americans? Use hyperbole much? I am doing much better. Most of my friends are doing much better. I think what you mean is "Hurting all money-hungry animals who see their tens of millions per year fall to a mere ten million per year."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
I do not have a problem paying income taxes but I do have a problem paying taxes on what I spend on health insurance.

Our current admin has decided that everyone must have it, making it a necessity and those that do have it, well that's a luxury and we are to be taxed on it. Can't have it both ways.
Wait...you're taxed on what you PAY for health insurance? That's odd...I get a deduction for my healthcare spending, including premiums and doctors' bills. Sucks to be you. You should make better choices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
43.3% to 47.3% is FAR TOO MUCH to give government. American workers don't MAKE ENOUGH MONEY anymore to give half of it to a government that continues to grow and demand MORE.
Who the hell actually pays 45% of their income to government? That's a very small slice of the public.

Quote:
As for me, I am NOT okay with someone who vacations half the time and is a celebrity the rest of the time getting $600,000 a year and paying 18%, when my family works incredible hours in very stressful jobs to make far under $200,000, but pays $22.3% (after hiring multiple CPAs to find deductions over many years).
Wow, then the big CEOs must make your heart palpitate, maybe even send you into shock! They're making 10-40 times what Obama made and probably paying even less of a rate using their fancy accounting teams. And no, I don't think they are working NEARLY as hard as you are.

And the vacation thing is getting old. Pretty sure that has been debunked numerous times.

Quote:
Furthermore, what kind of hypocrite DEMANDS that working Americans pay higher taxes, when he uses deductions not available to any of us to make his tax rate LESS THAN people working 80 hours a week to earn just over $100,000?
Actually, I'm pretty sure his main "demands" were that people who make a lot of money pay more.

----------

You know...in the end, I am so glad I'm not conservative. It just seems like they are always angry. Always upset at the world. Always blaming others for how horrible everything is for them. I wake up every day, go about my day, enjoy it, then go to bed. I don't worry about some bad guy breaking into my house and killing me. I don't worry about how some other guy is paying less tax than me. I don't worry about any of it. Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta. The funny thing is, the people with the most, are the ones whining the most.

Last edited by samiwas1; 04-14-2013 at 09:01 PM..

Old 04-14-2013, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samiwas1 View Post
Despicable. Really, just...wow.

The very person who whines incessantly and goes on these apoplectic rants about so many people not paying taxes, when those people barely make enough to survive, admits to using accounting tricks to keep himself from having to pay, while he apparently makes 8 figures. That is the 100% definition of a hypocrite, and the very worst kind.
Um, I dont rant about people not paying taxes, I explain how people do it while becoming wealthy. I for one think people PAY TOO MUCH

Maybe you can point out some of these phantom postings where I suggested we increase tax rates, because I havent.. I have discussed broadening the tax base, (which after all is the suggestiongs from the Obama debt commission), but only a fool would equate broading the tax base, which would include people like myself, to me raging about people not paying.
Quote:
Of course, I'm not sure I believe the whole thing either. If I was pulling in 8 figures, which I never hope to do, I certainly wouldn't be wasting away my days on internet message boards arguing with a bunch of "pee-ons", certainly not self-indulging myself about how big my bedroom is or how many vacation homes I have. Proof positive that money doesn't buy you class or happiness. What a sad life.
If I'm sad for coming onto city data to post while I wait for computers to do something, or programmers to test code, then how sad your life must be for coming here. At least I'm being productive while here, whats your excuse?
Quote:
EDIT: I'd also like to point out that you're basically blaming the government for having a deduction in place that you choose to take. "It's not MY fault! It's THEIR fault for allowing it!" Blame someone else. Typical.
I dont take deductions, my companies dont have profits. Not having profits means no deductions are needed. My god, please learn something about the tax code before replying with such garbage.

Old 04-14-2013, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Umm...no, he didn't. Just_The_Facts (who was quoted in the post that you quoted) hasn't said anything about cars. In fact, a search of his posting history suggests that he has only used the word "car" once. Maybe I missed his post and you can link to it.
Yes he did when he suggested everyone paid gasoline taxes.

How sad it must be to not be able to follow a simple thread...

Old 04-14-2013, 09:29 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Quote:
I'm sure many of them would love to. You know, not all welfare recipients are lazy bums who want to scam as much as they can off of others. You and others' repeated attempts to paint welfare recipients in such a way is nothing short of demeaning. Kind of how I feel that all conservatives are nothing more than money-hungry piranhas who would stab their mother in the back if it netted them another $1000 (yeah, I don't really believe that, but you realize how ridiculous it sounds).
My god, you wrote a book. And to reply to you. You attack Obama's so called rich as if you think they own personal jets and sit on their butts instead of opening your mind, you buy right into Obama's class warfare. So don't bother attacking me especially when you are guilty of the offense.

All you liberals do is rant and rant that it's Bush's fault, and tax the rich when you don't have a clue, and oh lets not forget the race card everytime you can not give a decent argument.

Your taxaholic, spendaholic Obama is a disaster and you are blind to it.

Oh and how ironic. You and your friends are now working for the very people you are so jealous of and despise.

Last edited by petch751; 04-14-2013 at 09:43 PM..

Old 04-14-2013, 10:37 PM

5,633 posts, read 5,357,570 times
Quote:
Um, I dont rant about people not paying taxes, I explain how people do it while becoming wealthy. I for one think people PAY TOO MUCH
Oh...so when you say that half the nation pays too little, that wasn't anything against them. OK, good to know.

Quote:
Maybe you can point out some of these phantom postings where I suggested we increase tax rates, because I havent..
Maybe you can do me the equivalent favor and show me where I said you did? Did I say anything about tax rates, or is your head just dizzy trying to come up with new things?

Quote:
I have discussed broadening the tax base, (which after all is the suggestiongs from the Obama debt commission), but only a fool would equate broading the tax base, which would include people like myself, to me raging about people not paying.
So what you're saying is, that Obama needs to force people like you to pay by removing the incentive for you not to pay?

I just think it's hilarious that you find ways to make your business lose money so that you don't have to pay. Sounds like a ****** life.

Quote:
If I'm sad for coming onto city data to post while I wait for computers to do something, or programmers to test code, then how sad your life must be for coming here. At least I'm being productive while here, whats your excuse?
OK...really. According to your public profile, you have 44,120 posts since your join date of 9/7/07. That's over 21 posts every day for more than 5.5 years. Hell, you've had 51 in the last 24 hours, 480 in the last week (almost 70 per day!). I joined in January of 2009, with 456 total posts since then (less than you in the last week!), or an average of one post every 3.5 days. You post about 73 times as much as I do as an average. Who's being productive now?

And if you really must know, I'm a freelancer. I work when I want to and spend the rest of my time enjoying life.

Quote:
I dont take deductions, my companies dont have profits. Not having profits means no deductions are needed. My god, please learn something about the tax code before replying with such garbage.
Yes, yes. We've cleared that up. You "try to make your company lose money so that you don't have to pay taxes" and live yourself on borrowed money so that you don't get taxed on that.

I notice that you didn't explain the math in the one quoted part. Can you do that? I really am curious how that works out.

Quote:
Yes he did when he suggested everyone paid gasoline taxes.

How sad it must be to not be able to follow a simple thread...
OK...you're going to have to link to the post. I went back over 10 pages and couldn't find it. And I really do apologize if I missed one post in 219 of them. My simple mind has a hard time keeping up.

Quote:
My god, you wrote a book.
Well, yeah...I don't sit on here all day responding. I come on only every now and then...gotta respond to a lot of things at once.

Quote:
And to reply to you. You attack Obama's so called rich as if you think they own personal jets and sit on their butts instead of opening your mind, you buy right into Obama's class warfare. So don't bother attacking me especially when you are guilty of the offense.
Where did I attack Obama's so-called rich and talk about their personal jets? Class warfare is not relegated to Obama and his rag-tag band of liberals. If you think you and your ilk are immune from it, I'll leave you to your bubble.

Quote:
All you liberals do is rant and rant that it's Bush's fault, and tax the rich when you don't have a clue, and oh lets not forget the race card everytime you can not give a decent argument.
Yeeeeaaaahhhh...hate to break it to you, but you and pghquest are doing about 98% of the ranting around here. And just stop with the race card BS. I have never, ever, ever used the race card.

Quote:
Your taxaholic, spendaholic Obama is a disaster and you are blind to it.
Well, my total net worth has more than quadrupled in the past 5 years, through no extra work on my part.
It's doing me pretty well, so I'll stay blind. Thanks!!

Oh, and PS...taxes are still near historic lows, so not sure how that taxaholic thing makes any sense. I'll agree with the spending. As soon as we can cut defense spending by about 30% or more, cut fraud in welfare, and cut every penny of corporate cheese, I'll be singing some praises.

Quote:
Oh and how ironic. You and your friends are now working for the very people you are so jealous of and despise.
Awww...you mad, bro? I have no desire to be a business owner, even if I am smarter than half the people I work for. And especially if I had to be like you or that other guy. I find both of you tiresome and not like anything I would ever want to be. In fact, I would rather starve than have to act like that. If you are the embodiment of the typical rich person/business owner, then I guess your assessment is true. One thing is for sure, I'm glad I've never had to deal with anyone like that in a business situation.

Last edited by samiwas1; 04-14-2013 at 10:47 PM..

Old 04-14-2013, 11:05 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,815,984 times
Posting 480 times in the past week is very impressive. Almost like a full time job.

Old 04-15-2013, 12:11 AM

Quote:
You and others' repeated attempts to paint welfare recipients in such a way is nothing short of demeaning.
It is demeaning but obviously some people don't have any pride. Rather than work they prefer to live off the labor of other people. So yes, collecting welfare, if they are able to work is nothing to be proud of and yes, people don't think much of them for it.

Last edited by petch751; 04-15-2013 at 12:24 AM..

Old 04-15-2013, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Oh, and PS...taxes are still near historic lows, so not sure how that taxaholic thing makes any sense.

Taxaholic: Compulsive and uncontrolled consumption of the tax dollar. That is why Obama is on a constant campaign for more tax revenue, Obama is a taxaholic and a spendaholic.

Taxes at an all time low? Maybe if you don't report income??

Last edited by petch751; 04-15-2013 at 12:27 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies