Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 11:13 PM

318 posts, read 624,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Too; the Asian school kids have the strong rep of blowing most of the Hispanic kids away in making money and living well 25 years later.
Asians don't blow nobody away, they have tiny reproductive systems and they have to make up for that by being super nerds. Have you watched Asian adult movies? it is like watching a comedy movie.

Not even Asian females want to marry Asian males in the U.S....

http://www.girlsaskguys.com/Other-Qu...yone-care.html

http://www.interracialdatingcentral....relationships/

Last edited by Alex =]; 06-18-2013 at 11:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2013, 11:33 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,758,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
can someone tell me exactly what is an "American" name?
If a young hipster is annoyed that someone would refer to a particular name as American, that's a good indication that the name in question is indeed an American name.

Old 06-19-2013, 03:37 AM

332 posts, read 868,375 times
Of course it exists. Well it would be european american names. You don't hear of a "bob" or "tim" or "dick" in nigeria, india, mexico, or any other foreign country do you? Each name has a background and history and origin if you look it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
American names, LOL now thats a good one. No such a thing exists.

Last edited by cra2ybeautiful; 06-19-2013 at 03:47 AM..

Old 06-19-2013, 03:45 AM

I think choosing a name from your family's culture shows pride in their culture or religion.I also think when you say "American names" you mean european white names because I don't think I ever met an asian whose name was "tyrone" or "ebony" so in this case you would mean why aren't minorities trying to fit in more with american whites? I think it is because they have more pride in their culture and comfortable enough with their culture they give their children "ethnic" names and not spending much time worrying about changing themselves to please the majority group.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Interesting posts about language. I am of Chinese descent and speak Chinese fluently though English is my first language. I rarely speak Chinese in public except with my immediate family since that is my parents first language. Even when speaking to other Chinese Americans I don't know I speak EnglishI only speak Chinese with a stranger when they are not able to converse in English. Most Asian Americans who are born in the US speak English only with one another too. I've also noticed that Chinese Americans and Korean Americans tend to give their kids American first names, while Mexicans, Muslims, and Indians can be here many generations and still have foreign first names. I think when your kid is born in America and you still choose to name him Antonio, Mohammed, Shaheed, Jalil, or Barack it shows a lack of assimilation.

I grabbed this from "Tom Lennox 70" out of another thread.

I've seen that too: many Japanese, Chinese and Korean parents DO give their US born kids "anglo" names.

Old 06-19-2013, 03:47 AM

are you being sarcastic? because the poster is chinese and called it "american names"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
Funny, and true

Just goes to show how the Asians are still smarter lol

Old 06-19-2013, 07:14 AM

1,509 posts, read 2,428,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cra2ybeautiful View Post
Of course it exists. Well it would be european american names. You don't hear of a "bob" or "tim" or "dick" in nigeria, india, mexico, or any other foreign country do you? Each name has a background and history and origin if you look it up.
Just going out on a limb here

Roberto
Timoteo/Timo
Ricardo

Especially since the "names" you have up there are nicknames, for Robert, Timothy, and Richard and not names unto themselves.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:13 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex =] View Post
Asians don't blow nobody away, they have tiny reproductive systems and they have to make up for that by being super nerds. Have you watched Asian adult movies? it is like watching a comedy movie.

Not even Asian females want to marry Asian males in the U.S....

I think Asian men have it the worst. Anyone care to disagree? - GirlsAskGuys.com

Asian American multicultural relationships
I hope you're joking there. I've seen some "Asian" people who are the same size as a "regular" American. Sheesh! American Indians are also Asian.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:16 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,829,224 times
Marie Medina, Danielle Chavez, Stefanie Florez, Tom Pacheco...

Old 06-19-2013, 08:24 AM

4,204 posts, read 4,689,623 times
What about names of cities then? San Antonio qualify as American name or not????

Old 06-19-2013, 09:09 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munna21977 View Post
What about names of cities then? San Antonio qualify as American name or not????
We're talking about what people name their kids not names of cities. Yes, we have many cities with Spanish names here in the southwest but the point is that we are not a Hispanic country in identity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies