Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 06:22 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,478,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
/They must explain to the anti-gun people why they shouldn't be scared of scary guns, why there shouldn't be a database of all the guns, why there shouldn't be a buyback, why proposed gun regulations will do nothing, and why the second amendment is important. Otherwise, those uninformed about guns will scare too easily and the government will do their best to take away the guns.
Quote:
Because people listen. Make a convincing argument and maybe they will change their minds.
Perhaps, but I don't see what's wrong with voluntary buybacks or a database of guns. I would like to track if mentally ill or felons have used a gun, and I don't understand why that's unreasonable. I also don't understand why a background check is unreasonable either.

May I ask you this--not trying to deflect here--do you see anything wrong with a society in which our citizens feel the need to be armed to the teeth just to walk down the street? How come no one wants to address that issue?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2013, 06:27 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Sorry, you are trying to be logical. Logic is not allowed on the political forums.
Emotion rules.
The big question is, will Congress listen to the emotion-charged Sandy Hook Lobbyists, or will they listen to the fake polls, or will they listen to THEIR CONSTITUENTS?
Personally, I think, for the sake of their careers, they best listen to their constituents!
I predict that emotion and fake polls will rule the day. Reason is no longer in use in elitist circles.

Old 04-14-2013, 06:29 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,932,912 times
Quote:
Well, on this specific issue, for the most part, the anti-gun people are a bit ignorant about certain things, and the people qualified to inform them are the pro-gun people, since naturally they know more about guns.
I have discussed every issue you mention and more with the anti gun crowd. They have no intention of listening to anything you have to say. They are determined that banning guns from law abiding citizens will stop shootings from occurring and that is their goal. They don't care about the 2nd ammendment and apparently they don't care about the constitution at all in that the 2nd ammendment is what protects the constitution...

Old 04-14-2013, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I have discussed every issue you mention and more with the anti gun crowd. They have no intention of listening to anything you have to say. They are determined that banning guns from law abiding citizens will stop shootings from occurring and that is their goal. They don't care about the 2nd ammendment and apparently they don't care about the constitution at all in that the 2nd ammendment is what protects the constitution...

Old 04-14-2013, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Thank you for making my point...

Old 04-14-2013, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Thank you for making my point...
And pro-gun people don't give a damn about dead children.

There. We both said something stupid and false. Try not painting with such a broad brush next time.

Old 04-14-2013, 06:52 AM

Quote:

There. We both said something stupid and false. Try not painting with such a broad brush next time.
No problem then, let's have the discussion and take the time to think from the others perspective. I'm game to do it again. Are you?

Old 04-14-2013, 07:56 AM

288 posts, read 230,731 times
I don't see what's so hard for gun grabbers to understand about SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED? It takes a special kind of stupid to think anyone has a right to infringe on the 2nd amendment and that includes ANY law limiting what guns or ammo or size of clips to use.

Old 04-14-2013, 08:11 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,555,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
The gun fetishists will have a hard time convincing me that mass murders in schools,theaters,malls,etc. is a symbol of our freedom.BTW,James Madison said the Well Regulated Militia is comprised of people TRAINED in arms so you can try selling your guns for all bul*sh*t elsewhere.
A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained in arms, is the... - James Madison at BrainyQuote
Please. At very least, you can be honest, can you not?

School is a gun free zone, special thanks to you people. You must be lying to say that mass murders happened in schools.

Old 04-14-2013, 08:12 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,555,493 times
Quote:

? Guns are used millions times a year in self-defense. How many children have been saved by guns?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies