Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 10:28 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
I think it should be mandatory. I have called for 'donations' before
on this forum. That would be a way to 'pay their debt to society',
especially if it's for a victims family.

They don't 'need' two lungs, kidneys, eyes. And the liver can be
used over and over.

Think of the lives it would save.

Why should it be mandatory for them unless you saying it should be mandatory for everyone. Innocent people are incarcerated all the time. What dept should they pay for their innocence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2013, 10:33 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
New Utah law allows organ donations from prisoners; nearly 250 sign up - Vitals

OMG.......I agree with a Republican!

Instead of using drugs to execute those on death row.....just take them into surgery and remove their organs.....death of the criminal is still accomplished and untold others may now get to live.

This would all have to be voluntary on the part of the prisoner and the doctors involved, of course.

The general prison population? They should just be treated as any other organ donor.
You don't agree with this Republican.

The death penalty should be abolished.

You will find few more adamant opponents of capital punishment than Harrier.

I would even go so far as abolishing life sentences, but since this is not realistic, we should let inmates die a natural death, and than if their organs are healthy enough, and the inmate volunarily donates the organs, harvest them.

Why would you be in favor of the death penalty?

That is cruel and unusual punishment - not to mention barbaric.

On the other hand - I now understand just why a liberal would support such a thing ...

... liberals like control and regulation.

Old 04-13-2013, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Why should it be mandatory for them unless you saying it should be mandatory for everyone. Innocent people are incarcerated all the time. What dept should they pay for their innocence.

Old 04-13-2013, 11:35 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
You don't agree with this Republican.

The death penalty should be abolished.

You will find few more adamant opponents of capital punishment than Harrier.

I would even go so far as abolishing life sentences, but since this is not realistic, we should let inmates die a natural death, and than if their organs are healthy enough, and the inmate volunarily donates the organs, harvest them.

Why would you be in favor of the death penalty?

That is cruel and unusual punishment - not to mention barbaric.

On the other hand - I now understand just why a liberal would support such a thing ...

... liberals like control and regulation.
You have GOT to be kidding.

Do you think the men who committed the Petit murders in Connecticut should be set free again someday? How about Charles Manson or the likes of a Ted Bundy? How about James Holmes?

Tell me, what would you tell the families of the victims they kill the second time around? Oooops......sorry?

How would you feel if your loved ones were their victims the second time around? Hmmm?

Damn right this liberal wants to regulate and control criminals like these.....and yes, even execute them. They have no place in society ever again......one way or another.....period.

Last edited by Annie53; 04-13-2013 at 11:50 PM..

Old 04-14-2013, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Damn right this liberal wants to regulate and control criminals like these.....and yes, even execute them.
Thank you for illuminating your true agenda.

This conservative Republican says that no man or woman should be imprisoned for life or be executed.

Since you seem to want to do so, you must be a control and regulation liberal.

Old 04-14-2013, 12:45 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
You can't force anyone to do anything with their bodies.
No matter what.
Volunteer to donate, fine. Force, absolutely not.

Many of you want to force women to do what you want with their bodies, against their wills; now you want to force others to do what you want with their bodies, also against their will.

You don't get that call.

Old 04-14-2013, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
You can't force anyone to do anything with their bodies.
No matter what.
Volunteer to donate, fine. Force, absolutely not.

Many of you want to force women to do what you want with their bodies, against their wills; now you want to force others to do what you want with their bodies, also against their will.

You don't get that call.
You want to force unborn babies to do what you want them to do with their bodies.

How sick can you be?

Old 04-14-2013, 12:58 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Thank you for illuminating your true agenda.

This conservative Republican says that no man or woman should be imprisoned for life or be executed.

Since you seem to want to do so, you must be a control and regulation liberal.
My true agenda?

How about keeping innocent people safe from proven, ruthless predators? Shame on me!

And you, Harrier, must be a bleeding heart conservative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies