Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If all the proposed bills baning guns and mags pass, is that enough or will you liberals ask for mor
Yes, if the current crop of bills pass, thats it I do not want any more restrictions on guns. 4 22.22%
No I want some more gun bans on all semi auto rifles and hand guns 1 5.56%
No, I want bans on more guns and registration of all weapons 2 11.11%
No I want all guns banned from being owned by anyone but police and Military 11 61.11%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 08:44 AM

11,759 posts, read 14,650,345 times

Advertisements

You mean if we get some token legislation that even the right wing gun nuts say won't have any effect in reducing gun violence, will we be satisfied?

No.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2013, 08:49 AM

46,276 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
You mean if we get some token legislation that even the right wing gun nuts say won't have any effect in reducing gun violence, will we be satisfied?

No.
So, you admit that what the left is pushing won't help anyway? Thanks for backing up what the right is saying!

Old 04-14-2013, 09:24 AM

11,759 posts, read 14,650,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So, you admit that what the left is pushing won't help anyway? Thanks for backing up what the right is saying!
What I'm saying is that the current proposals are inadequate. Do you agree that they don't go far enough?

Old 04-14-2013, 10:42 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Lmao. Not one direct answer, but the poll results speak for themselves. To the banners, there is no firearm that can't be labeled with a military designation and there just is no "need" for ANYONE to have such a device. They try and use technical language, making themselves look VERY foolish, in a vain attempt to make it sound like they actually know of what they speak, hilarious.

The agenda is disarming the public. Period. They want it all. Any of this moonbat bunch that says different is a liar.

Old 04-14-2013, 11:02 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
I even posted Obama's own actions right after the "massacre" and the gun grabbers ignore it like the plague as what he proposed doesn't do what they really want which is disarm the public like you say. Of course Obama has snapped out of his trance now. Morphed into a big political ballgame toting the families around on air force one and send out emails to raise money on the dead bodies of the children now. It's disgusting.

Old 04-14-2013, 11:05 AM

288 posts, read 230,785 times
Quote:
What I'm saying is that the current proposals are inadequate. Do you agree that they don't go far enough?
Just come out and say it. You want full registration and confiscation.

Old 04-14-2013, 12:03 PM

3,160 posts, read 4,366,059 times
Quote:
we're saying the current proposals are doing nothing to address the problems.
criminalizing 100 million law abiding gun owners will backfire on these idiots.

Old 04-14-2013, 12:55 PM

46,276 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Depends on what you're looking for? For you to say the current proposals are inadequate, of what? 15 round magazines are to much, or what about mental health, or do you think it is more important to worry about the 15 round magazine and not the mental health?

I also believe that the current gun owners have given plenty, and future gun owners should not have to do anything else...

Now, as biden has stated before, they don't have the time to prosecute the current people who lie on their back ground check, what makes you think "Extending" back ground check will prove any different?

2 more questions for ya: Would ANY proposal that has been imposed/about to be imposed/was imposed really done anything to curb the murder rate?

Do you really think 155 shots in 5 minutes is "over and above" to many, or not enough....or is that just talk to provide "feel good" talk to people?

Old 04-14-2013, 01:17 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,514,798 times
Currently, the poll has 60% wanting a complete ban on firearms. This is deeply disturbing.

Old 04-14-2013, 01:42 PM

315 posts, read 255,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
Currently, the poll has 60% wanting a complete ban on firearms. This is deeply disturbing.
Did you think that all they wanted was reasonable gun laws? Don't fool yourself, they have wanted a ban on all guns since the 50s. The Heller decision is going to throw a road block in their way. It said you can't ban a whole class of guns. So its illegal to ban hand guns, or semi autos. This does not stop them from restriction and it does not stop Obama from putting a liberal in place of say Thomas if he dies suddenly and there by switching the court from conservative to liberal in one swoop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies