Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 09:32 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,556,847 times

Advertisements

As for the OP, if you Google this story, the woman threw a bottle in this man's face. No justification for violence, but if you engage in a verbal showdown, and then initiate violence the consequences are out of your control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Another women bashing thread on CD! Shocking!
I know right? I'm amazed at how many CD posters change gender depending on the thread. They are like gobies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2013, 09:32 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
I'd like to see some statistics or other kind of real evidence for this statement. Otherwise I'm going to rightly assume that, typically, you are just pulling baseless opinion and nonsense out of your butt and presenting it as fact.

Quote:
Once more, is this an actual figure/statistic from somewhere, or are you just pulling this from your butt?

Part of the problem with today's society is the expectation that others will do stuff for them. Few take the initiative to find or do stuff on their own.

I don't much care for Google, but it's there when you need it.

Old 04-14-2013, 09:46 AM

5,190 posts, read 5,332,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Part of the problem with today's society is the expectation that others will do stuff for them. Few take the initiative to find or do stuff on their own.

Nice dodge and complete evasion of a perfectly direct, honest, simple and valid question.

Once again, is it your assertion that "90% don't even know who their baby daddy is?"

I guess nobody should expect anything in a society where some people are so lazy and willing to post baseless nonsense that they fail to do any research whatsoever and just pull BS from their rear-ends and present it as fact, then expect others to fact-check their BS.

Again, I expect nothing less from you than for you to completely evade and avoid a perfectly simple question based on what you said in your own ridiculous BS post. Thanks for playing. And failing.

Old 04-14-2013, 09:47 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Yes they were. They were most importantly the leaders of the family unit. That has been slowly eradicated and like you say young men & women are growing up with no morals or ethics anymore.
This thread brings an interesting point to mind. Thiz post is a good place to start. Starting at the middle school level and getting worse in high school girls are learning the art of playing with male emotions. Oh, sure, boys do this to, but we have beat that to death in other threads about rape and abuse.

Lets examine the flipside. We all know how cruel teens are. Teenage girls, are no different. The "popular" cliques are down right vicious. The uber attrctive "more mature", priveledged, types that every boy wants to date. They know how to play games with feelings to get what they want. Many are not above usinv sex as well. The whole "cruel girl" image is very prevalent, and is a popular image to have. Cruel can be an understatement. Some unwary boy (or man, as this goes into the adult world as well) has something she wants. So, she feigns interest in him. Often sinking the stinger in really deep. Gets what she wants, which may be no more than the satisfaction of making the poor guy dance to her tune, and then shreds him and leaves him in pieces, as she flounces away laughing. Oh yea, seen it happen. The emotional damage done, could easily put some guys over the edge.

Anything could happen, at that point. Playing with someones heart is a dangerous game. Logic and reason depart under the pain of such a wound. Males are certainly not the only ones capa le of abuse, and abuse is not always physical. It's often much much worse. Personally, I would rather go over the horn and get run over by a mad bull than suffer a broken heart again.

Old 04-14-2013, 09:50 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Nice dodge and complete evasion of a perfectly direct, honest, simple and valid question.

Once again, is it your assertion that "90% don't even know who their baby daddy is?"

I guess nobody should expect anything in a society where some people are so lazy and willing to post baseless nonsense that they fail to do any research whatsoever and just pull BS from their rear-ends and present it as fact, then expect others to fact-check their BS.

Again, I expect nothing less from you than for you to completely evade and avoid a perfectly simple question based on what you said in your own ridiculous BS post. Thanks for playing. And failing.
He/she is never going to elaborate on that statement because he/she doesn't have the statistics to back it up.

Spewing ignorance as per the usual. Nothing new here.

Old 04-14-2013, 09:51 AM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times
http://www.law.fsu.edu/journals/lawr.../304/kelly.pdf

An Error Occurred Setting Your User Cookie

I didn't say anything about sexual abuse I said child abuse. National Clearinghouse of Neglect and Abuse? Sounds like one of those "programs" funded by grant money to churn out the stats they want. Like all the rest.

What do illegal aliens, homosexuals and muslims have to do with any of this? Or are you just trying to add them all in to the victim status of the evil bullies that you are trying to do with women too?

Stop trying to change the subject.

Old 04-14-2013, 10:12 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,939,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post

Quote:
90% of them don't even know who their baby-daddy is.
I'll do the work. I entered you statement in the google machine and this popped up...

Don’t be mad at your Baby-Father…Here’s Why! | tellmehowilooknow

Quote:
Since the beginning of time there has always been deadbeat fathers & disloyal husbands. This same thing holds true for women as well. Women can be scrubs & deadbeats too. Were going to focus on the women because 90% of the time you’re the blame for your baby fathers actions and here’s why…

1. You knew he was a scrub when you met him.
2. He don’t take care of his other kids why are you shocked he’s not taking care of yours.
3. You can’t get child support because he doesn’t work (on the books)
4. He didn’t have a job when you met him.
5. You call him pookie, man man, or something else cause you don’t know his real name.
6. Yes he’s a cheater.
7. If that man doesn’t respect his mother.
8. In many cases he’s old enough to be your father.
9. Ladies that man is not lying to you if you know he’s lying to you.
10. No matter how much you hate his guts.
Note: editied to headlines for each catagory by Chimuelojones,
please see site for complete text.

Old 04-14-2013, 10:34 AM

1,780 posts, read 2,351,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary20852 View Post
I agree 100%, women shouldn't be abusive towards men, but in the posted video, the woman didn't hit or attack anyone. She was loud and obnoxious, but the guy actually took it to the next level by punching her in the head.
How do you know what happened. Before the attack we see begins, someone is blocking the view.

Old 04-14-2013, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I agree that violence is never the answer.
That said, the great preponderance of violence is by men against women.
1 in 4 women reported they are victims of Domestic violence. Thousands of shelters dedicated to taking care of the needs of these women. Women are more likely to some out about it as they have a place to go.

1 in 7 men reported they are victims of Domestic Violence. Hardly any shelters are dedicated to taking care of the needs of these men. Some womem's shelters will give the man assistance if he calls first as they don't allow men to enter the buildings. The assistance given to men is usually sending them to a gender-neutral homeless shelter, putting him in a hotel alone for the night(segregation), referring him to anger management classes. If men had a safe place to go where their needs were met, more men would come forward.

So until there is adequate protection and services for men, it will always appear that women are victims twice as much as men. I am trying to open a men's shelter where I live, I asked a few women's shelters for advice and was hung up on. I am in the process of applying for a grant from the federal government, this is my second try. I am going to keep sending in applications until they grant me one.

Old 04-14-2013, 10:59 AM

Quote:
I also don't buy the li(n)e that Feminists seek "superiority." I think, at base, feminism is simply humanism.
IMO, If feminism was at base humanism, they would call themselves humanists, not feminists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies