Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 10:03 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times

Advertisements

At that infamous $50,000 a plate dinner when Romney made his condescending remarks about the 47%, he also made condescending remarks to the waitstaff. This is what prompted the bartender to release that video.

Quote:
Schultz played a clip of Romney joking, apparently in good nature, about how he wasn’t kidding that the food should be brought out quickly.
“I guess everybody here is a dignitary, and I appreciate your help. And, by the way, I am serious about the food. Bring that – no, no,” Romney says, momentarily inaudible on Prouty’s recording. “Clear the places. But Hillary has to eat her beets.”
Prouty, it seems, didn’t like that one bit.
“He’d only been in the room for maybe a minute or two,” Prouty said. “I think it was telling for me. He basically had just walked into a dinner party, he was the guest of honor, and he demanded that the service be sped up. He had literally just walked in the door.
The Lesson of Mitt Romney’s 47-Percent Video: Be Nice to the Wait Staff?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2013, 10:08 AM

3,846 posts, read 2,383,429 times
Yeah, Romney would make a great Public Servant, wouldn't he?

Old 04-14-2013, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
Yeah, Romney would make a great Public Servant, wouldn't he?
He and Kim Jon-un !

Old 04-14-2013, 10:11 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times
Leave it to the lefties to just plain make crap up. Nothing he said was demeaning.

It must be a tough life for lefties. Everywhere they look, someone is out to get them.

Old 04-14-2013, 10:16 AM

3,846 posts, read 2,383,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Leave it to the lefties to just plain make crap up. Nothing he said was demeaning.

It must be a tough life for lefties. Everywhere they look, someone is out to get them.
Hey! Christ didn't walk into the party and start ordering the staff to serve wine. He made it happen.

Old 04-14-2013, 10:19 AM

4,684 posts, read 4,571,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
he also made condescending remarks to the waitstaff. This is what prompted the bartender to release that video.

He really was the living, breathing personification of noblesse oblige, wasn't he? A true gentleman born.

What can one expect from such arrivistes? Reminds me of what they said of Louis XIV: The Sun King made a point of doffing his hat even to the chambermaids scrubbing the floors at Versailles.

Old 04-14-2013, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post

Romney was full of condescending remarks that night. First to the waitstaff, then the 47%, even got in why it is beneficial for a company to use slave labor in China.

"When I was back in my private equity days, we went to China to buy a factory there. It employed about 20,000 people. And they were almost all young women between the ages of about 18 and 22 or 23. They were saving for potentially becoming married.
And they work in these huge factories, they made various uh, small appliances. And uh, as we were walking through this facility, seeing them work, the number of hours they worked per day, the pittance they earned, living in dormitories with uh, with little bathrooms at the end of maybe 10, 10 room, rooms. And the rooms they have 12 girls per room."~ Mitt Romney

Quote:
And whether it happens by moving the jobs to China or moving Chinese practices to the United States, that's Mitt Romney's real vision for the American economy.
Daily Kos: 'We went to China to buy a factory': Mitt Romney talks barbed wire and overcrowded bathrooms

Old 04-14-2013, 10:21 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,939,644 times
If Im paying for the sevice, I want good sevice. I just happen not to be an aho about it.[not saying Mittens was]

Old 04-14-2013, 10:21 AM

6,260 posts, read 5,066,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
At that infamous $50,000 a plate dinner when Romney made his condescending remarks about the 47%, he also made condescending remarks to the waitstaff. This is what prompted the bartender to release that video.

The Lesson of Mitt Romney’s 47-Percent Video: Be Nice to the Wait Staff?

1. You mentioned the $50,000 a plate dinner to remind people that Romney is rich and that he has rich friends willing to pony up 50 grand to eat dinner at a campaign fundraiser. Obamas' campaign held the same kind of fundraising dinners held by a rich man for his rich friends.

2. The 47% comment was accurate but was a politically stupid thing to say because Americans are like Tom Cruise - they can't handle the truth (reference the famous Jack Nicolson line).

3. In another thread today a conservative poster was ripped for posting an old news story about a mob in Chicago. That event happened two weeks ago. The 47% comment happened even further back and is even older news. Move it along. Nothing to see here.

Old 04-14-2013, 10:23 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,555,493 times
Which part is rude, untrue and condescending? Sorry, I see he used the dirty word "personal responsibility." Romney is such a dirty bag, isn't he? How dare he talk about personal responsibility?

Romney told donors that 47 percent of voters would chose Obama “no matter what” because they are people “who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That that’s an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what. … These are people who pay no income tax.
“My job is not to worry about those people,” Romney said. “I’ll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies