Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 08:04 AM

567 posts, read 1,119,483 times

Advertisements

I bet a lot of you heartily approve of prison rape.

(Which is mainly an American thing from what I hear.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2013, 12:38 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,819,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalLord View Post
I bet a lot of you heartily approve of prison rape.

(Which is mainly an American thing from what I hear.)
They probably do because those who are pro-bullying celebrate dominance. They believe it's in the natural order of things for there to be strong and weak and that the strong should assert their dominance over the weak. They look at things through an animal kingdom perspective.

I am both anti-bullying and anti-prison rape. In fact I believe prison rapists should be put to death. Let's see them try to be domineering in Hell.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:09 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,698,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pammyd View Post
Suggestion: If a kid sees someone being bullied, why can't they step in and take that bullied kid "under their wing"..befriend them and help them to talk out what has been going on. I ended up with several great friends who took me under their wing and my bullying days became non existent by the time I graduated.
Here you go: Miller High School seniors share longtime friendship, prom king title » Corpus Christi Caller-Times

In many cases it just takes one kid stepping up to do the right thing.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:11 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,698,048 times
The only people who say that bullying is not a big deal and helps toughen kids up, etc., are those who have never been bullied. Read the comments of every single person on here who says they were bullied for a number of years. Not one of them considers it to have been inconsequential.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:20 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,487,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
The only people who say that bullying is not a big deal and helps toughen kids up, etc., are those who have never been bullied. Read the comments of every single person on here who says they were bullied for a number of years. Not one of them considers it to have been inconsequential.
Far from inconsequential, life long trauma and phobias sometimes. Fear of strangers or the opposite, over aggressiveness and defensiveness. Going to school for me meant always looking behind me and ahead for possible trouble and a way to stay away from it. Fortunately for me, being a book worm, is that the library was a good safe haven, bullies did not like the library, much like vampires do not like the sun.

Old 05-06-2013, 03:37 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,165,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
When I was in high school in the 1980s kids were killing themselves because we listened to too many Judas Priest and Metallica albums. lols.

Then Tipper Gore got warning labels put on record albums made with evil intent so parents could stop teens from listening to it, lols.

At some point kids stopped killing themselves because of music. Now they do it because they someone in school looked at hem funny or because they are gay. lols.
Wow. Could you be more clueless & insensitive?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies