Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 02:31 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,665,225 times

Advertisements

I dont feel anyone has the right to push their religious beliefs on me. Why should I have to go to another store to get a prescription filled, because the pharmasist "objects"? You have moral objections, get a new job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2007, 02:31 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,916,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Mormons / Christians / Muslims / whatever can object to do jobs that are morally objectionable to them - OR, they can refuse to do CERTAIN "things" that would be a "normal" part - i.e. they are a clerk in a grocery story (Muslim) and they will not check out Pork - etc
you're right.. and you think that that is ok? that is just the tip of the iceberg.. what if everyone who never objected before began to do so? too many conflicting ideals would be allowed to spill over into the market and distract from things just getting done... that is why I think its wrong..
If you can't do the job.. you don't get the job....
obviously you feel differently.. very liberal of you though.. I'm jealous

Old 10-30-2007, 02:32 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I dont feel anyone has the right to push their religious beliefs on me. Why should I have to go to another store to get a prescription filled, because the pharmasist "objects"? You have moral objections, get a new job.
You also have the right not to shop at that Pharmacy - go somewhere else

(ever go to a store that was out of your desired product? - did you go somewhere else?)

Old 10-30-2007, 02:33 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
you're right.. and you think that that is ok? that is just the tip of the iceberg.. what if everyone who never objected before began to do so? too many conflicting ideals would be allowed to spill over into the market and distract from things just getting done... that is why I think its wrong..
If you can't do the job.. you don't get the job....
obviously you feel differently.. very liberal of you though.. I'm jealous
It is an "Imperfect World" - you want a "perfect" world

Ain't gonna happen

Old 10-30-2007, 02:37 PM

Quote:

(ever go to a store that was out of your desired product? - did you go somewhere else?)
A store being out of a product is different than being told by a pharmacist, that has the medicine and ability to fill my legal perscription wont do so because he "feels' or "believes" it is immoral. I have yet to go to a store that will stock the item but not they sell it because they feel it is immoral. And why should I have to go to another store, thats why the pharmacy is there, to be used.

Old 10-30-2007, 02:41 PM

Quote:

WHAT??!?! a store not having a product is different than a store having it but a sales clerk telling me he won't sell it to me.. and that I should come back in an hour when someone who will sell it will be on the clock...

I'm not asking for a perfect world.. I'm asking for people to think about more than themselves for once... if you have strict religious beliefs.. that is your prerogative.. but forcing a business or industry to cater to YOUR personal beliefs in respect to the general public and your job duties to them... is absurd.. you should find a new job...

Old 10-30-2007, 02:41 PM

640 posts, read 461,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
I disagree. I have the right to walk into a CVS or a Walgreen's and not have to deal with Ned Flanders behind the counter moralizing at me when I'm holding a perfectly legal prescription for a perfectly legal drug in my hand.

And some pharms will actually KEEP your scrip and refuse to give it back to you. If they ever did that to me, I'd call the cops and accuse them of theft. I'd press charges too; I'm sassy like that.

Pharms who can't prescribe contraception have no business being pharms. Period.
We aren't talking about birth control pills. We're talking about the day after bill because someone's dumb a$$ didn't use protection. We're also talking about drugs to help someone die. Big difference.

Old 10-30-2007, 02:44 PM

640 posts, read 461,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
WHAT??!?! a store not having a product is different than a store having it but a sales clerk telling me he won't sell it to me.. and that I should come back in an hour when someone who will sell it will be on the clock...

I'm not asking for a perfect world.. I'm asking for people to think about more than themselves for once... if you have strict religious beliefs.. that is your prerogative.. but forcing a business or industry to cater to YOUR personal beliefs in respect to the general public and your job duties to them... is absurd.. you should find a new job...
And the PUBLIC schools that have to provide a pork-free menu for a few kids? And PUBLIC airports having to provide sinks for Muslims to wash their feet in?? Is this the kind of forcing / catering to someone's personal beliefs that you are referring to??

Old 10-30-2007, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner_Nation_60 View Post
We aren't talking about birth control pills. We're talking about the day after bill because someone's dumb a$$ didn't use protection. We're also talking about drugs to help someone die. Big difference.
It is a persons right to those medications if they are legal, others shouldnt have the right to dictate what they do. And does those dumbass people also refer to my friend that was raped and requested the morning after pill?

Old 10-30-2007, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner_Nation_60 View Post
condoms break... pills don't work sometimes... accidents happen....
every situation is not black and white... and shouldn't be treated as such by the government and certainly NOT by some jackass at the pharmacy..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies