Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 01:38 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,120,288 times

Advertisements

You must work for Fox news. Your spin is both obvious and pathetic. Shrill on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2013, 01:41 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,223,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
You must work for Fox news. Your spin is both obvious and pathetic. Shrill on.
You must work for Occupy Wall Street. Your spin is both obvious and pathetic. Drama on....

Old 04-15-2013, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
You must work for Occupy Wall Street. Your spin is both obvious and pathetic. Drama on....
Nope. Was actually about to work for Wall Street when everything kicked off. I was on the other side.

Wall Street isn't bad. It just needs to be used to benefit the wider populace. Less risk on retirement investments. Separation of commercial banks and investment banks.

Shrill on

Old 04-15-2013, 01:51 PM

9,855 posts, read 15,200,125 times
Quote:
Nope. Was actually about to work for Wall Street when everything kicked off. I was on the other side.

Wall Street isn't bad. It just needs to be used to benefit the wider populace. Less risk on retirement investments. Separation of commercial banks and investment banks.

Shrill on
Right...you were a low level grunt on wall street and then quit so you can 'smoke a bowl' as you so eloquently put it in another thread. You repeatedly demonstrate that you know extremely little about how the world of financial services works in a day to day capacity.

Americans were more than OK with risk on retirement investments when it gave them double digit returns for a few decades, but then when they suffer the downside of that risk there is a problem. If the average American wasn't so greedy as to want the upside with no downside risk, we wouldn't be in so much trouble.

Old 04-15-2013, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
Right...you were a low level grunt on wall street and then quit so you can 'smoke a bowl' as you so eloquently put it in another thread. You repeatedly demonstrate that you know extremely little about how the world of financial services works in a day to day capacity.

Americans were more than OK with risk on retirement investments when it gave them double digit returns for a few decades, but then when they suffer the downside of that risk there is a problem. If the average American wasn't so greedy as to want the upside with no downside risk, we wouldn't be in so much trouble.
LOL.

No I could've "smoked a bowl" and worked for Wall St. Hit a line. You know, all that good stuff.

So Shrill 1 paints Occupy as a terrorist organization and Shrill 2 paints me as a druggie.

What are we using as the magic indicator of success these days? Money? So if I make more money than you hnsq am I still a failure? Is that what its all about?

Do you think people in the financial sector are the only ones who can make good money?

Would you rather love what you do and make good money or hate what you do and make good money Einstein? Keep pushing that paper.

Old 04-15-2013, 02:08 PM

9,855 posts, read 15,200,125 times
Quote:
LOL.

No I could've "smoked a bowl" and worked for Wall St. Hit a line. You know, all that good stuff.

So Shrill 1 paints Occupy as a terrorist organization and Shrill 2 paints me as a druggie.
You have talked about drugs on this forum. I am not painting with any terminology that you didn't use to describe yourself. You admitted that you do drugs, so you ARE a druggie.

Quote:
What are we using as the magic indicator of success these days? Money? So if I make more money than you hnsq am I still a failure? Is that what its all about?

Do you think people in the financial sector are the only ones who can make good money?
What does this have to do with what I said? Money isn't the only indicator of success, but when you are talking about an industry that exists to make money for people then yes, it is a damn good indicator.

Quote:
Would you rather love what you do and make good money or hate what you do and make good money Einstein? Keep pushing that paper.
By all means do what you love, but don't be so hypocritical about it. If what you love to do isn't the kind of field that pays a high salary, then don't whine about the people who made the choice to do something that makes more money. You chose you path, so follow it without so much complaining. I would rather do something that I don't like (low level grunt work in financial services) for a few years so that I can do something that I love that also pays well (what I am doing now). If you don't have the discipline to push through the few years of paying your dues, that is fine. Not everyone feels that way. Let me restate what I said before (that you completely ignored)

The average OWS person is unbelievably greedy. They want what someone else has without any of the blood, sweat and tears that goes into it. They want to quit a demanding job to sit around 'smoking bowls' and still be rewarded with a paycheck as if they were the ones putting in the long, demanding hours.

Old 04-15-2013, 02:14 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,223,612 times
Quote:
LOL.

Well geez,...the FBI considered the possibility that Occupy might be the vehicle for terrorist activity and started a systematic observance of their activities even before September 2011.

And Carne Ross is starting to work for an organization with admittedly strong ties to Al Queda in Iraq. That front has the idea of creating an Islamist state in Syria, hence the lack of American support. One may surmise that Ross is a present/former Occupier now working as an Al Queda operative trying to positively influence other international entities. That would make him a purveyor of terrorism,...would it not?

Old 04-15-2013, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
Well geez,...the FBI considered the possibility that Occupy might be the vehicle for terrorist activity and started a systematic observance of their activities even before September 2011.

And Carne Ross is starting to work for an organization with admittedly strong ties to Al Queda in Iraq. That front has the idea of creating an Islamist state in Syria, hence the lack of American support. One may surmise that Ross is a present/former Occupier now working as an Al Queda operative trying to positively influence other international entities. That would make him a purveyor of terrorism,...would it not?
If he's working with Al-Queda then yes. But the US is also a terrorist organization if you use that definition.

But we're getting to the point of this thread though right? Which is to discredit Occupy?

Why do you hate the Occupy Wall Street Movement?

Old 04-15-2013, 02:40 PM

Quote:
You have talked about drugs on this forum. I am not painting with any terminology that you didn't use to describe yourself. You admitted that you do drugs, so you ARE a druggie.

By the same definition so is everyone who consumes alcohol. Guess the whole country is full of "druggies." Stick to numbers.

What does this have to do with what I said? Money isn't the only indicator of success, but when you are talking about an industry that exists to make money for people then yes, it is a damn good indicator.

What's the lure of someone who works for Wall Street? For some its the markets, for most its the money. I don't want to be a stockbroker or work in the financial industry. I had a good enough resume and interview to get the job but lost interest when I hated the daily tasks and realized I was only doing it for the money. That was the complete opposite of how I built my early career and I immediately lost interest.

I can make good money doing other things or doing things on my own. I chose to do a little of both until I worked completely for myself. Now I'm working to work only on projects I've started or have an interest in.

There's more to life than money. I think a lot more people will respect and support me because of what I'm doing and plan to do than they ever would as a stockbroker.

By all means do what you love, but don't be so hypocritical about it. If what you love to do isn't the kind of field that pays a high salary, then don't whine about the people who made the choice to do something that makes more money. You chose you path, so follow it without so much complaining. I would rather do something that I don't like (low level grunt work in financial services) for a few years so that I can do something that I love that also pays well (what I am doing now). If you don't have the discipline to push through the few years of paying your dues, that is fine. Not everyone feels that way. Let me restate what I said before (that you completely ignored)

I've pushed through pretty much everything you can push through besides being homeless. I'm sorry if you think your hard work is more than my working hard while literally being hungry. Your job is not the hardest working. I'm sorry. There's many blue collar jobs that are harder in a different way. Come do a manual labor job and tell some of those people they don't work hard. There's other white collar jobs that are just as difficult. Consulting and other fields aren't easy either.

Stop with the attack on my work ethic as the reason I didn't stay in the field. Your field bores the sh*t out of me and there's better ways I could be helping society.

Is that really your argument? That the American populace is to blame? That the average American is to blame for the financial meltdown?

Come on Mr. Finance guy. Are there not bodies in place designed to monitor the Economy, transfer of money, and financial well being of this country? How else do we write the laws?

The average OWS person is unbelievably greedy. They want what someone else has without any of the blood, sweat and tears that goes into it. They want to quit a demanding job to sit around 'smoking bowls' and still be rewarded with a paycheck as if they were the ones putting in the long, demanding hours.
Blew me away with the bold. Not even gonna respond to the rest. Just the bold.

Is it greedy or free everything? Make up your damn mind.

Old 04-15-2013, 02:45 PM

Quote:

"No they didn't...OWS made it clear that there are a lot of people in this country who would rather try to get something for free than put in effort, pay their dues and make something of themselves."

Which one is it shrill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies