Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2013, 08:38 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,943,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Something occurred to me last night listening and reading all the chaos about Boston. That is why is it that the public and seemingly the government itself cares more about the 3 people killed in Boston than they do/did about those killed in Bengahzi?
Wouldn't one think that americans killed anywhere on american soil by terror should raise the same kind of reaction?
Where's the uproar over those killed at our embassy compound or the hour by hour updates?
Congradualtion for being first.

As my mother used to say..."with the bodies barely being cold, you bring that up". She meant lets mourn the dead before we start complaining on how bad the funeral was or had tacty the "widow" dress was...

Lets have the funerals for the dead...before injecting politics into this tragedy...Please.

Old 04-16-2013, 08:39 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Benghazi - Get over it, CD repubs!
Will you say the same to the people of Boston, or those who lost loved ones there?

Old 04-16-2013, 08:39 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I think I do. They're out there looking for domestic terrorist types first and after they get every southern white male ruled out, then they'll look elsewhere.

In the meantime, keep the citizens in the dark. If there are other bombs set to go off, we'll know after they go off.
PMSL!!!!

Do you ever stop and think about what you post?

Old 04-16-2013, 08:41 AM

1,599 posts, read 3,133,759 times
Default Chris Matthews Wants To Blame Conservaties For Bombing:

This is from MSNBC: Since the bombings occured on April 15, tax day, the right-wing Conservaties could be responsible for the bombing. Yeah, it probably was the Tea-Party you dope! So the left is now trying to make politics out of this bombing disaster.
Chris Matthews: Did Boston Bombing Have Anything To Do With Tax Day? | NewsBusters

Old 04-16-2013, 08:43 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,036,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
since this hit home it is good for politician to use it for their advantage. they will use the fear tactic, people in fear are very vunerable. so the media will have a field day with this. But just yesterday there was a man who killed 4 while drunk driving. that is more dead by that man than by the bombs. but, as i stated, fear is a good motivator for these politicians. never let a good bombing go to waste.
I'm trying to decide if I should be more afraid of the government looking to take my freedoms, or the right wing nut jobs who see a conspiracy behind everything and always point at every event being about the government taking my freedoms through some "false flag" coordinated event.

[MOD CUT/off topic]

Last edited by dman72; 04-16-2013 at 09:11 AM..

Old 04-16-2013, 08:44 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Something occurred to me last night listening and reading all the chaos about Boston. That is why is it that the public and seemingly the government itself cares more about the 3 people killed in Boston than they do/did about those killed in Bengahzi?
Wouldn't one think that americans killed anywhere on american soil by terror should raise the same kind of reaction?
Where's the uproar over those killed at our embassy compound or the hour by hour updates?
Good grief, were you living in a cave when the Bengahzi attack occurred? I can think of no other explanation for this inane post, because there definitely was an uproar, and there definitely were hour by hour updates on nearly every news outlet, and the coverage was the top story for days.

But we get it, you're upset because the truth doesn't mesh with your ideological talking points...

Old 04-16-2013, 08:46 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
You mean Mr. Roger's mother? My mother IS a great person, but she didn't say it. I don't know if you're American or not, so in case you're not familiar with it, Fred Rogers was a Presbyterian pastor and educator who hosted a children's show in the US for over 30 years--Mr. Roger's neighborhood. He was a very kind, gentle soul. He was quoting his mother.
Fred Rogers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
ahhh yes, I do know, and sorry for not reading your post a little better. I am an American woman....
hmmmmm, reminds me of a song.....lol

Old 04-16-2013, 08:51 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
I find it interesting that this:
Quote:
I still think it could be either--Al Qaeda or anti-government people, or a lone wolf inspired by either group, and that's based on a logical list of who would want to bomb us, and who has in the past. The fact that it happened on patriots day in Boston--anniversaries of the Battles of Lexington and Concord, which also happened to be tax day, could mean something if the group or individual was trying to make a statement, but then again it may mean nothing, and they could have just been looking for an opportunity to hurt lots of people at one time because of the crowds at the marathon.
is immediately followed by this:
Quote:
The bottom line is that at this point, we don't know, and it doesn't do any good to speculate.
in the same post.

Old 04-16-2013, 08:54 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,474,745 times
Quote:
Um, there was a massive reaction to having those killed in Benghazi or were you in a coma of some sort for the last 7 months?

You have to put things in perspective. Human life loss is tragic. Period. But you have to understand the closeness to home appeal.

Examples:
American soldiers dying in war. Tragic but not unexpected for the profession. Their deaths would only elicit so much of a public reaction. Unless it is someone you know.

Diplomats being killed in a hostile environment. Tragic no doubt. This reaction actually elicited more anger than anything. Except for the people that knew the fallen.

Elementary school children being massacred at school. Horrible. This will garner every type of reaction. It hits very close to home due to the fact that it happened in our "comfort area." You know the area were you least expect to have something bad happen to you.

Black men getting shot in a ghetto someone. Tragic. But you don't give two sh*ts because that's not happening in your neighborhood or to anyone you know. And the public has come to accept this as some sort of par for the course. Unless it happens to someone you know.

Hell those rapes everyone is getting their panties into knots about. That stuff has been happening since forever. With no end in sight. Most of them don't go reported. So it only pulls at the heart strings because no one is used to hearing about it all the time.

Old 04-16-2013, 08:55 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
When we get the answers then we can be in an uproar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies