Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2013, 07:25 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,295,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
what is THEIR agenda? Why are white men after white men?

what's sad is people chasing down a Saudi and probably running past the guy who actually did it to get him.
It is hilarious to read conservatives when they pretend that the media which is wholly controlled by white men is out to get white men.

This level of cognitive dissonance is difficult to comprehend.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:26 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post

I don't mean to make you feel foolish, and yes of course you were scared, but what they did was routine, nothing personal and what they do or should do, every time they make a stop. Most cops are killed by either a traffic stop or by passing cars on the scene of a traffic stop....
The point I was making is that most folks only get stopped for traffic incidents.
The cops act and treat you differently for that than they do if they think you are suspect in a crime that has been committed.
And worse for you if you think it's a traffic stop and it turns out that it's not and you are a person that has never had any experience "being a suspect" before.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:26 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,424,834 times
Perhaps it is too soon for an article on it but the general topic isn't a left or right thing. It's not about being PC. Claiming otherwise seems disingenuous or being purposefully blind.

In the wake of 9/11, our reaction as a country was that of a single minded zealot in the haze of bloodlust.

It's not how Muslim's were treated (although there is that too) but how we reacted. It's the things we, as a country smiled, waved and were willing to give up to keep us safe from the foreign boogeyman. Patriot act? Sure, no problem. Gitmo? No problem. A decade long war in multiple countries? We'll do that...and so it went.

So all in all, I and most of my friends have quietly already said amongst ourselves we hope an American is the perp. It has nothing to do with sparing someone's feelings and everything to do with fearing what our reaction would be and the lengths we will go, as a country, if it's a foreigner...especially a foreigner from certain parts of the world.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:30 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,676,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Your friend would be SAFER in the US even with many people here NOT liking Muslims than back in his country. Many bigots hate Muslims more than Gay people.

Tho I do have a feeling the perp IS an "anglo" white dude; like an anti govt guy, just a feeling here. If the guy's an Arab Muslim, still a "lone wolf" IMHO.
So tell me, what feelings do you get for the motivation and purpose behind killing and maiming innocent bystanders at a foot race, how do you feel this advances some anti-government agenda?

Old 04-17-2013, 07:31 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,056,554 times
It may well have been a white guy, or white guys most likely. Not tea partyers, not right wingers, though. No, don't look there. New World Order, folks, start there.
Homeland Security orders up thousands of armored vehicles and a massive stockpile of costly ammunition. Ban the citizenry from owning firearms. If they aren't comfortable with that, create the need to make them
want to give up their freedoms. Create fear from some enemy, divide everybody. Blame the guys most likely to stand against them. Now theres talk of people buying and building their own spy drones and the governments in a fit.
Do we want martial law forced on us? Have they declared war on all of us ? We need to start watching those "who want to protect us" all the more closely now.
This was just too smart of an operation. It took planning and know how. And the timing makes you wonder. And the medias reaction and the governments reaction bears close scrutiny. Very close scrutiny.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:31 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,648,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
It is hilarious to read conservatives when they pretend that the media which is wholly controlled by white men is out to get white men.

This level of cognitive dissonance is difficult to comprehend.
unfortunately a lot of conservatives have been conditioned to whine and play the victim... it's pathetic IMO and one of the reason's they have a hard time connecting with more americans.

Conservatives used to be a strong, proud bunch... now they are wet tissue soft.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:32 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
pknopp: We have indeed done that. WWII.

iamme73: We entered WWII after we were bombed. Stop lying.
Your grasp on history is pretty fragile.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:33 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,817,540 times
Even the traditional terrorists abroad want nothing to do with this. The last thing they want are additional drone strikes or to give American hawks more reasons to continue to beat the crap out of them. If this was 5 years ago some group in the middle east would have taken responsibility for this...even if they were NOT responsible. Seems that those in the west and in the east have tired when it comes to waging undeclared war against a non-definable enemy.

Who ever did this is a common trouble maker and I doubt if they have any support from either side of the spectrum. People are sick of this crap and perhaps this might spell the beginning of the end of this foolishness. The Muslim community in the west has grown so large and they for the most part appreciate living in the west and like all others simply want stability and peace. Islamic extremists are slowly going out of style and favor.

The worst culprits are those who benefit materially and as far as political power from mayhem..Those are the ones who are hesitant to give up the ship. The whole thing reminds me of highly skilled gangsters who know how to play all sides. I sense that this proposed 100 year war is coming to an end.

The goofs will be found and prosecuted. What makes no sense is that there is really nothing to be gained by anyone by these acts. Human goodness will prevail...,it always does in the end...always!

Old 04-17-2013, 07:33 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,203,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
So tell me, what feelings do you get for the motivation and purpose behind killing and maiming innocent bystanders at a foot race, how do you feel this advances some anti-government agenda?
You've already said that you think domestic terrorists are criminally insane--what motivation does any crazy person have? They have a warped agenda from the start. They're sane enough to know what they're doing, but crazy enough that they think they'll actually accomplish something by murdering innocent people. McVeigh called the little kids he killed "collateral damage."

Old 04-17-2013, 07:34 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,648,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post

I don't think bombings ever advance their agenda beyond getting attention.

Once again.. I think some people are giving American extremist(if it is) too much credit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies