Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2013, 09:51 AM

1,000 posts, read 1,126,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
why do I constantly see posts stating "it could be right wing extremists?" It could also be left wing extremists....there is nothing more dangerous then an extremist, however, again, why would you point fingers when you don't know who did this??????????

I'm sorry, I just don't get the logic
there is no logic as there is no evidence yet. It is all speculation

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
You are misrepresenting the content of the article. David Sirota as far as I can tell is a white man. He is saying if the guy is white, then the government will not take steps which could deny civil liberties
And he is wrong here. This is the very thing the gun control arguments are currently trying to do.

5,730 posts, read 10,122,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
So Fuselage, you don't think that if it is a white person that the left wing media will attack whites as extremist. The media is already gearing up. Chris Matthews already said

Normally domestic terrorists, people, tend to be on the far right.

The media needs to chill out. All they do is instigate.
Actually most of the recent shooters have been left leaning, and there's plenty of leftist examples like the weather underground etc...

8,391 posts, read 6,294,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
And I'm saying you could write the same article about hoping it was a Muslim and find some points to justify the arguement- as I posted above.

It's still irresponsible and extremely tacky.
No you couldn't write the same article about Muslims, because as a nation we have taken action against Muslim Americans as a result of 9/11 and most Americans favored those actions. Here is reality.

Since August, AP has been publishing stories from its ongoing investigation into secret intelligence operations set up by the New York Police Department following the Sept. 11, 2001 terror attacks.

AP's investigation has revealed that the NYPD dispatched undercover officers into minority neighborhoods as part of a human mapping program. Police also used informants, known as "mosque crawlers," to monitor sermons, even when there was no evidence of wrongdoing.

The AP also determined that police subjected entire neighborhoods to surveillance and scrutiny, often because of the ethnicity of the residents, not because of any accusations of crimes. Hundreds of mosques and Muslim student groups were investigated and dozens were infiltrated. Many of these operations were built with help from the CIA, which is prohibited from spying on Americans but was instrumental in transforming the NYPD's intelligence unit after 9/11.

This is what the American government did after 9/11 to Muslim Americans. Please deal with reality.

If this guy is white this will not be done to white Americans.

Old 04-17-2013, 09:52 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Agreed. The Lone Wolf terrorist is probably the most difficult for the FBI to track. The Unabomber wasn't caught for over twenty years.

However, I am tired of the media always pointing at "right-wing extremism". The last few terrorists we've had to deal with have also been of the left-wing extremist variety (James Holmes, Jared Loughner, the Virginia Tech shooter, and Eco-terrorist James Jay Lee).
Renault, then go into the article and write exactly that in the comments area of the report and call them on it...honestly, that is what I do, it is time Americans start speaking up....seriously...do it....

Old 04-17-2013, 09:52 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
And? I didn't respond to that post and it doesn't have anything to do with the article this thread was created around.
You had no idea what you were responding to.

Old 04-17-2013, 09:54 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,201,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwithnoname View Post
Actually most of the recent shooters have been left leaning, and there's plenty of leftist examples like the weather underground etc...
Why don't you name them or share a link? I have, over and over, and you're wrong--there hasn't been a leftist terror attack that involved killing people for the last 30 years in this country. If you're referring to the guy who shot Gabby Giffords, he can't even stand trial because he's completely and totally crazy. He's a paranoid schizophrenic. He's going to be locked up in a hospital for the rest of his life. The Unibomber was completely and totally bat poop crazy too.

Old 04-17-2013, 09:55 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,294,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
I highly doubt that he, nor the OP, actually read it. The trolly headline was enough for them.
Yes, the headline can lead to a lot of interpretations, but the content of the article is 100% accurate and the title doesn't change that fact.

Old 04-17-2013, 09:58 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,344,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Agreed. The Lone Wolf terrorist is probably the most difficult for the FBI to track. The Unabomber wasn't caught for over twenty years.

However, I am tired of the media always pointing at "right-wing extremism". The last few terrorists we've had to deal with have also been of the left-wing extremist variety (James Holmes, Jared Loughner, the Virginia Tech shooter, and Eco-terrorist James Jay Lee).
Right and Left extremist have little (if anything) to do with the political right & left in this country.

Just like, waving a flag for one day doesn't make you a outstanding American.

Last edited by plannine; 04-17-2013 at 09:59 AM.. Reason: I hate mobile posting

Old 04-17-2013, 09:58 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwithnoname View Post
Yea we don't hear much about those. It does not serve the current political purpose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies