Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2013, 06:04 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
You make it sound like being muslim is a bad thing and by not labeling him a muslim we're giving him the benefit of the doubt. That's completely false. To give him the benefit of the doubt, we'd have to avoid calling him a terrorist. At this time, everyone is referring to him as a terrorist. No one is giving him the benefit of the doubt.
Being a radical Muslim who kills children and innocent bystanders with bombs is a bad thing. I hate to break it to you but the Muslim part is pretty critical in the analysis of this crime. Sorry, but that's just the way it goes in today's world, especially when it comes to terrorists.

But I can assure you that if I had gotten on this forum yesterday and said, "I bet this guy is Muslim," I would have been lambasted as being prejudiced, judgmental, etc.

Last edited by KathrynAragon; 04-19-2013 at 06:12 AM..

Old 04-19-2013, 06:05 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,770,674 times
Being it is "currently" reported that neither were born in Chechnya, and moved to the US at ages 9 and 16, I am hard pressed to see them as radical Islamic Foreign Terrorists.

They could still be domestic converts to radicalism. But the foreign connection is getting weaker.

Old 04-19-2013, 06:05 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,342,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
President Obama is Muslim? I'd like to see proof please.

Obama Admits He Is A Muslim - YouTube

Old 04-19-2013, 06:07 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,770,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Yup especially if they're Muslim. Immigration policy should be based on needs of country not ideological drivel such as enriching diversity.
I have yet to see one source to state they are Muslim yet, and if they are "Muslim" by chance, going by the most "current" info, they were converted in the US to radicalism. Not overseas.

Again I'm dubious about all this and everyone's logic going off little info.

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyDee View Post
Looking at his friend's posts, there's a pic of someone urinating into a huge picture of GWB's moutb, a couple of swastikas, a couple of our flag in flames. Not that he is responsible for other's posts, but it's on his wall nonetheless.
Right.

The companion of fools will be destroyed.

I have a Facebook account. I'm "particular" when it comes to my friends and who and what posts on my wall. It's very easy to keep one's Facebook page true to one's own values.

24,488 posts, read 41,124,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Being a radical Muslim who kills children and innocent bystanders with bombs is a bad thing. I hate to break it to you but the Muslim part is pretty critical in the analysis of this crime. Sorry, but that's just the way it goes in today's world, especially when it comes to terrorists.
A radical anything is bad. A radical muslim, a radical Christian, a radical Athiest... all bad. We're not doing him any favors labeling him a terrorist. He's a murderer from another country. That makes him a terrorist. He's likely Muslim, but we don't know. He's possibly a radical Muslim, but we don't know. But we will know. No need to jump the gun.

Btw, you aren't breaking anything to me. It's a shame... but like you said, you're the sorry one.

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Citizens break the laws as well. Should we kick them out? Your post is so flawed. But then again, you use inductive reasoning to come up with conclusions. So I'm not surprised.
Sorry but as another poster said, you don't make laws to break them and excuse one person from another, a law applies to every one, period, no matter who you are or where your from.
It is high time, these people living here become a member of our neighborhood....in other words, become a working citizen of this country....or get out....b/c if we don't do something about this, your eventually going to see much worse bombings then we've already have.

I will say this again...Terrorists are very patient people, they will stay hidden for many years, they are told to come to this country, get jobs and blend in...and breed many many children teaching them how to become a terrorist....and they are doing just that....

Old 04-19-2013, 06:08 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,588,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Can't rep you enough!!

Let the deflection, blame, shame, and lies begin.....

Old 04-19-2013, 06:08 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Default Gee...... and the terrorists weren't Muslim?

The libs, of course, are wrong again. The two brothers who committed the act (one killed after a gunfight in which they were throwing hand grenades at police) were from Chechnya (sp), a Muslim republic in the old USSR.

For the next time............. let us review...................... who commits acts of terrorism? Young Muslim males. Who does the left suspect every time? White rural gun owners (preferably from the South, given that liberals hate the south).

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...04-19-07-09-32

Old 04-19-2013, 06:09 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,003,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatildaLoo View Post
It's a shame you don't have enough respect for yourself to acknowledge any truths outside your bigotry. It's also a shame that you don't respect your country enough to refrain from insulting its leader. I feel really bad for people like you. Unfortunately CD is full of them.
I agree. However, one needs to learn to ignore the rantings of the unemployed herein (probably on Federal disability; I mean, who else would have the time, or the inclination, to post almost 14,000 times in three years?).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies