Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2013, 06:30 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,204,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Yeah I guess these brothers belonged to the one church in Chechnya.
They could very well be Muslim, but you need to look at what faith their parents are and not make assumptions. Neither kid was born in Chechnya--what I just heard is that the Dad worked there and the family came to the US for political asylum. I'm no expert on Chechnya--someone else here probably knows a whole lot more about it than me--but my understanding is that the Russians were in charge of the country, and the Chechnyan rebels were committing terrorist attacks there. If the dad immigrated here for political asylum, I don't know if he would have sided with Russia or the Islamic Chechnyan rebels. One of the boys was born in Russia.

Old 04-19-2013, 06:30 AM

5,035 posts, read 9,224,159 times
Scanner: The person in custody had a trigger on them. It is believed the person they are looking for may have a suicide vest on, so proceed near anyone with extreme caution.

Old 04-19-2013, 06:31 AM

7 posts, read 6,161 times
the government cannot even stop illegal immigration. how the heck are they going to stop guns from being purchased illegally?

8,030 posts, read 9,052,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
There is likely a reason for that because fox is nothing but right wing propaganda.
Grow up, shill.
The only network looking like an idiotic propaganda machine right now is MSNBC who had "journalists" implying this was a crazy conservative tea partier upset over tax day. I guess they didn't learn from their stupidity with jumping to similar failed conclusions with the Aurora shooter...

8,732 posts, read 6,781,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
no, what he means is, we have to clean up our immigration system, which right now, really sucks.....
and has been for years...they need to clean house and start all over again, and start sending people home who are not citizens and from that point on, start really watching anyone who is in this country illegally, period. The law is the law...and if you have no respect for the law, then you need to go home to your country....
This should be a number one priority on our goverments "to do" list....
I'm sorry if you've had children here, but this has got to freaking stop....
If you've been here all that time, and have had children here, you've certainly had time to become a citizen....
This is a blatant disrespect for our laws...my son, who is a cop, told me, a whole lot of these people, not only do not have drivers licenses, but do not carry insurance, as well.....

I was really hoping after 911 happened, that they would clean up our immagration system, but they haven't done a darn thing to stop these people from getting in our country and they are here in droves.....unbelievable?
You want the Illegal Immigration forum because you are clearly referring to illegal Mexicans.

Old 04-19-2013, 06:32 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,226,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Well according to some, you break laws, have disrespect for our nation, and should be sent back home.
I have a perfectly clean record, and I have respect for America.

6,500 posts, read 6,036,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post
"The source added that it should not be assumed that either brother was radicalized"

Live blog: 1 Boston suspect dead, 2nd on loose – This Just In - CNN.com Blogs
And I add that they carried out a terror attack. I think that qualifies them as having radicalized. But hey, thats just me and common sense.

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooterposh View Post
We have HOME GROWN TERRIORISTS here in Merika...no background checks for them to have guns....OH pleeeezeeee
These terrorists didn't use guns in their attack, and they are not "homegrown".

9,127 posts, read 7,942,406 times
The whole purpose of this thread was to link the President to Islam...in wake of the terrible bombings in Boston. It is a weak ass-link to make[the President and his supposed support for Islam]...But weak-ass links are the bread-n-butter of some on this Forum.

It's not rocket science. OP was waiting "fully loaded" for the outcome of the bombing search...waiting for his momment to spring...

I could care crap if anyone thinks the President is a Muslim...The President is a big-boy he can kick ass on his own. What freaks me out is the Idiots that try mo make a link...and I dont even really care about that.

I don't stress about idiots...I just like watch them use their limited capablities in explaining themselves...

Old 04-19-2013, 06:33 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,346,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
I want to see PROOF, not some video with statements that were taken out of context. Try again.
So when Obama says his father comes from a Kenyan family with generations of Muslims that was of course taken out of context. When he says he lived in Indonesia and heard the call it was taken out of context. No need to try again......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies