Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2013, 10:35 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I'm talking about people like Chris Matthews, who suggested shortly after the bombing that it might have something to do with anti-tax activism, since it was April 15. Or Dina Temple-Ratson of NPR, who pointed a finger at "anti-government and right-wing individuals." Or David Sirota of Salon:
Let’s hope the Boston Marathon bomber is a white American - Salon.com

These were not isolated thoughts made in the heat of news-frenzy. A quick search on youtube turns up similar comments from the BBC, CNN, etc.

They have egg all over their faces right now. Will they apologize? Will a Matthews be held accountable by his network? Or will they just have enough makeup slathered on so that the egg doesn't show up on-camera?

I would guess that they will slather on make-up and truck right along. I don't recall any lefty pundits issuing retractions after blaming Sarah Palin for a shooting by a deranged man in AZ. On the other hand ABC idiot Brian Ross did apologize after he found a man named James Holmes on a Tea Party web site, and tried to connect that man to the Aurora shooter, whose name happened to also be James Holmes (the two were not related).
ABC News, Brian Ross apologize for report suggesting shooting suspect tied to Tea Party | Fox News

How will the MSM and left-o-sphere handle this little embarrassment?
The left will ignore it just like they did with "it was because of a video". In a cult, the leader never does wrong and these news outlets will spin words to make it so.

Old 04-19-2013, 10:35 AM

1,599 posts, read 3,133,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
I find it curious how some right-wingers are acting pertaining to the Boston bombings. People died, and a lot were maimed. Yet, many on the right still just want to talk about Obama. I find that very interesting.
I find it interesting you said 'right-wingers'. How about the left, Chris Matthews in particular blaming it all on some right-wing group, wishing it was a white guy, and all that. I haven't heard any right-winger placing the blame on a left-winger. Right-wing groups are pointing fingers to foreign terrorist goups, which is most likely and logically it really is. But then left-wingers don't have the intelligence to know what logic is, they run only on brainless emotion.

Old 04-19-2013, 10:36 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,204,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Something that I've wanted to say since the first pictures and video of where published. While I'm no BSU profiler like Special Agent Aaron Hotchner (for you fellow Criminal Minds fans) I was struck by the body language of the two now identified as Tamerlan Tsarnaev and his younger brother Dzhokhar Tsasnaev.

Tamerlan on the walked to the targeted area with seem firm determination while his younger brother lagged behind, standing next to each other the older brother looks far more confident and self assured and his younger brother with that sort of what am I doing here and just plain goofy expression and hat turned backwards. So I won't be surprised that it was the older brother by seven years who talked his younger sibling into this or who was the one who tried to stand his ground with the Boston PD. One adult loser (as described by his uncle, and too admiring younger brother). Frankly at the end of the day, I suspect that damaged personalities had more to do with this than their religion (of course that could be argued about almost anyone who perpetrates such acts of violence).

Time for a commercial break.
The younger boy doesn't strike me as a hardened criminal mastermind either. It breaks my heart--I have a son that age.

Old 04-19-2013, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
If you look beyond the out-of-context snippets, those quotes were hypothetical, asking the question of who could be behind this. The list included other groups too. But I understand the need to appear picked on.
Why did they automatically (hypothetically) point to the right? Why not hypothetically to the left? Oh that's right, because they are Obama's liberal media.

8,346 posts, read 7,043,339 times
Probably not. People say stupid things in kneejerk response to these types of things all the time.

17,291 posts, read 29,399,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarian View Post
Naturally. I'm in no way suggesting that these two are representative of Islam in general.

Of course the vast majority of Muslims are not violent. I suppose we don't even know - for sure yet - if these bombings are religiously motivated.

But Islam is not forceful enough in condemning acts of terror and violence taken in its name. That is a conversation that needs to take place for people to take them seriously when they claim to be a religion of peace. It doesn't help that the brand most exported by our "dear friends" the Saudis is Wahabbi brand, either.

Just as there's always that moment of eye rolling when it's like, "Jesus is love you filthy sinning homo commie!"

Old 04-19-2013, 10:38 AM

8,630 posts, read 9,135,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Something that I've wanted to say since the first pictures and video of where published. While I'm no BSU profiler like Special Agent Aaron Hotchner (for you fellow Criminal Minds fans) I was struck by the body language of the two now identified as Tamerlan Tsarnaev and his younger brother Dzhokhar Tsasnaev.

Tamerlan on the walked to the targeted area with seem firm determination while his younger brother lagged behind, standing next to each other the older brother looks far more confident and self assured and his younger brother with that sort of what am I doing here and just plain goofy expression and hat turned backwards. So I won't be surprised that it was the older brother by seven years who talked his younger sibling into this or who was the one who tried to stand his ground with the Boston PD. One adult loser (as described by his uncle, and too admiring younger brother). Frankly at the end of the day, I suspect that damaged personalities had more to do with this than their religion (of course that could be argued about almost anyone who perpetrates such acts of violence).

Time for a commercial break.
I'll wager the older brother had advanced training somewhere other than the US in killing infidels. Sure the older brother takes the lead, because he trained the little brother.

Old 04-19-2013, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
Probably not. People say stupid things in kneejerk response to these types of things all the time.
Chris Matthews knee jerk reaction is "always" to "hypothetically" point to the right. The dust isn't even settled and right away Chris is trying to set it up as a right wing radical even going as far as saying they don't advertise. Too bad for Matthews, he didn't have too much play time.

“Let me ask you about domestic terrorism as a category. Normally, domestic terrorists, people tend to be on the far right, well that’s not a good category, just extremists, let’s call them that. Do they advertise after they do something like this? Do they try to get credit as a group or do they just hate America so much or its politics or its government that they just want to do the damage, they don’t care if they get public credit, if you will?”

- Chris Matthews

10,942 posts, read 10,253,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Chris Matthews said he is going to get behind Hillary Clinton if she runs. But this is a quote of what he said in the past about Hillary.

Matthews appeared on MSNBC's said of Hillary Clinton, "I'll be brutal, the reason she's a U.S. senator, the reason she's a candidate for president, the reason she may be a front-runner is her husband messed around. That's how she got to be senator from New York. We keep forgetting it. She didn't win there on her merit.
What does this have to do with what is happening in Watertown?

13,684 posts, read 9,007,828 times
I believe his chances of being selected for the US Olympic team has diminished to an alarming extent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies