Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2013, 12:41 PM

15,523 posts, read 10,489,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptug101 View Post
The New York Post tried to blame this on some one from Saudia Arabiathen some black kids conservative media ruins another persons life
and one saudia arabian has already been assaulted.
Yep, they did. But to be fair a huge left leaning website was doing it too. Blog land / discussion groups were going nuts yesterday.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:41 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,726,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
I haven't seen it, but I'd imagine the stress they are under is off the charts. That family is probably also acutely aware of what lay ahead for them, once the creeps of the internet get started. Imagine finding out somebody in your family did this, then having your life ruined and facing physical threats.
She's in Canada. She kept saying the boys were set up and that our government needs to give her proof because they didn't do anything.

CBS reported earlier that they talked to the father and he is mad at the US government for killing his son.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:43 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,512,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wytrvn View Post
Did you happen to see the photos posted by Highcotton and Betafish last night, photos of innocent young men that they claimed resembled #2 suspect? How wrong they were AND how wrong for c-d mods to allow them to be posted here. I reported both posts but the photos were still on the forum when I went to bed - shame on them.
Are you referring to the missing East Indian kid from Brown that the blogosphere was holding up as the suspect? Yeah, where did that come from--it was all over the internet last night; People these days will regurgitate any rumor as fact on the internet within minutes.....

Old 04-19-2013, 12:46 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,071,248 times
How about admitting your post was WAAAAY off now JamesGTAIV!!!

Old 04-19-2013, 12:47 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,022,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
She's in Canada. She kept saying the boys were set up and that our government needs to give her proof because they didn't do anything.

CBS reported earlier that they talked to the father and he is mad at the US government for killing his son.
The father is pretty nutty also.

Bomb Suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev: Anzor Tsarnaev, Father Of Suspects, Threatens

Quote:
"My son is a true angel," Anzor Tszarnaev said to the Associated Press on Friday, following the death of Tamerlan...

Now with one suspect dead, a manhunt underway and the city on lockdown, Anzor reached out to Dzokhar via ABC News. Begging his son to "surrender peacefully" and "come home to Russia," the father also voiced a chilling and somewhat threatening message to police.

"If they killed him, then all hell would break loose," he told ABC News. "If they kill my second child, I will know that it is an inside job, a hit job. The police are to blame. Someone, some organization is out to get them."

Old 04-19-2013, 12:47 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,461,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post

Ahhh, well I'd be surprised if any parent came out while this was happening and said "Yea my kid is a monster."

Old 04-19-2013, 12:48 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,471,004 times
Around 10:30 p.m. – An MIT police officer is found shot in his vehicle. He is taken to Massachusetts General Hospital and pronounced deceased. Shortly after the shooting, police receive a report of an armed carjacking in a separate section of Cambridge. The carjacking victim is held at gunpoint by two males for a half hour before being released unhurt at a gas station on Memorial Drive in Cambridge, according to a statement by the Middlesex District Attorney.

Some time after this – it’s unclear exactly when – police engage in a pursuit into Watertown following the carjacked vehicle. Explosive devices are reportedly thrown from the SUV, according to the district attorney’s statement, and an MBTA police officer is seriously injured. One of the suspects is critically injured, and later pronounced deceased, according to the statement.

So, police let one of the suspects in the SUV escape from them, but kill the other suspect.

More than 16 hours after bombing suspects killed an MIT police officer, authorities have yet to capture the younger of the two men. Wow!

Last edited by highcotton; 04-19-2013 at 01:04 PM..

Old 04-19-2013, 12:50 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,035,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Are you referring to the missing East Indian kid from Brown that the blogosphere was holding up as the suspect? Yeah, where did that come from--it was all over the internet last night; People these days will regurgitate any rumor as fact on the internet within minutes.....
Yes that's the one.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:52 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wytrvn View Post
Did you happen to see the photos posted by Highcotton and Betafish last night, photos of innocent young men that they claimed resembled #2 suspect? How wrong they were AND how wrong for c-d mods to allow them to be posted here. I reported both posts but the photos were still on the forum when I went to bed - shame on them.
I feel a little ashamed for listening to the media and reading blogs about them. AFAIK the 2 mentioned weren't even involved. It wasn't just on RW blogs either. Democratic Underground had an active thread talking about the missing Brown University student, saying he was mentally unstable and connecting him to the Boston bombings. I posted a link to the article.

I heard Condi Rice say that al Qaeda and other terrorist groups would have proudly claimed credit for the Boston bombings by now. Maybe these 2 brothers acted alone simply out of their own hatred. We just don't know yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Imagine what his parents were going through while people were accusing him. They just want him home safely and suddenly he's being accused of committing terrorism.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:55 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,512,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I feel a little ashamed for listening to the media and reading blogs about them. It wasn't just on RW blogs either. Democratic Underground had a active thread talking about the missing Brown University student saying he was mentally unstable and connecting him to the Boston bombings.
I think what's disturbing is that someone was posting things--all over the web--saying that the police announced they had him as the definitive suspect(which they never did) along with some kid named Mulugeta. People jump the gun on this sort of thing--or you have tabloids like the NY Post trying to ruin the reputation of some unconnected kids in the crowd. People expect instant news hits these days, but sometimes you have to wait for the story to unfold... The fact is that as bad as the mainstream media is in this country(and there's poor journalism out there), the non-mainstream or amateur media can be even worse...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies