Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2013, 01:18 PM

1,146 posts, read 1,413,499 times

Advertisements

This guy has pretty much paralyzed a major American city for about 17 hours now. I hope other terrorists aren't taking note.

But hey, who needs the second amendment?

Old 04-19-2013, 01:20 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,474,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post
Unless you mean LE sporting an AR-15, knowing LE is hot and ready on the trigger, doing house to hosue searches, and stopping everyone who moves on the street, do you really want to have your AR-15 out when they are in your neighborhood????

You're asking for an accident.
LE is NOT hot and ready on the trigger...or the 19 year-old suspect would not have escaped the shootout and bailed the SUV without being shot or captured, which is what happened. Now the kid is on the loose and LE has no clue where he is. He could kill dozens more people because LE was NOT hot and ready on the trigger when they should have been.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/...62_964x643.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/...83_964x639.jpg

http://a.abcnews.com/images/GMA/abc_..._130419_mn.jpg

Last edited by CaseyB; 04-19-2013 at 01:34 PM.. Reason: copyright

Old 04-19-2013, 01:22 PM

1,672 posts, read 1,771,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
LE is NOT hot and ready on the trigger...or the 19 year-old suspect would not have escaped, which is what happened. Now the kid is on the loose and LE has no clue where he is. He could kill dozens more people because LE was NOT hot and ready on the trigger when they should have been.
Arm chair quarterbacks unite!

8,732 posts, read 6,781,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mintgum84 View Post
Pakistan is not a breeding ground for terrorism. It picked up a militant problem via the Soviet-Afghan war when it was the global front line against Communist expansion. Pakistan is the biggest victim of terror, and yet gets maligned. Go check how few votes the radical parties get in Pakistani elections.

People are too ignorant.
Have you lived there? Do you know many people who live/d there?

I know that the knowledge some people have about Pakistan could fill a thimble. I like to help educate people about Pakistan and it's state sponsored terrorism.

Yeah, Pakistan is a victim, so much so that the Pakistan government and military shielded, protected and hid OBL for about 6 years. Second to Afghanistan (#1), Pakistan has the largest number of domestic terrorist groups and expanded to harboring leaders of international terrorist groups. Pakistan is the staging ground and planning ground for terrorists, as well as training camps spread out around the country.

You won't find Pakistan on any US government lists as a country that supports state sponsored terrorism because the US needs them to access Afghanistan. Reagan took it's enemy Iraq off the terrorist list so that the US could support Iraq during the Iran/Iraq War. Target: Iran. You will find that the US State Dept lists five foreign terrorist organizations based in Pakistan.

If one wants to, they can find so much information on the internet so that when they make a statement they can avoid looking foolish.

Quote:
Pakistani authorities have long had ties to domestic militant groups that have largely focused their efforts abroad, as in Afghanistan and India. But with Pakistan joining the United States as an ally in the post-9/11 "war on terrorism," experts say Islamabad has seen harsh blowback from Washington for its support of militant groups. In May 2011, al-Qaeda mastermind Osama bin Laden was killed by a U.S. raid at a compound not far from Islamabad, raising new questions about Pakistan's commitment to fighting terrorism. Meanwhile, leadership elements of al-Qaeda and the Afghan Taliban, along with other terrorist groups, have made Pakistan's semi-autonomous tribal areas their home, and now work closely with a wide variety of Pakistani militant groups, like the Haqqani Network, which in September 2012 was added to the list of Foreign Terrorist Organizations (FTO). Links between many of these new and existing groups have strengthened, say experts, giving rise to fresh concerns for the country's stability.
Pakistan's New Generation of Terrorists - Council on Foreign Relations

If you are interested I can recommend some books for you to read to expand your knowledge on Pakistan.

13,691 posts, read 18,452,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
They should be deported.

Old 04-19-2013, 01:23 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times
The media is talking to their aunt in Toronto. She seems angry and in denial. Also- our liberal experts are all going on about "root causes" being "marginalized" and all this other crap. Tell that to the family who lost their little boy- show sympathy and understanding to the two bothers with their legs ripped from their bodies- spew your bleeding heart liberalism towards the families of the dead and traumatized...Canada....is embarrassing me. I don't care how these monsters got that way..that has nothing to do with the fact they caused horror and robbery of life and limb.

Old 04-19-2013, 01:23 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,253,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Then mom swiped a bunch of goods from a department store. You can throw in a connection to a criminal inclination on mom's side.
It's a pretty big leap from petty thief (shoplifter) to terrorist, don't you think?

Also, not to jump the gun too much here, but after this situation gets resolved one way or another, I'm afraid it's going to be ripe for fake bomb threats, and worse, copy catters.

Old 04-19-2013, 01:24 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,281,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmantz65 View Post
This guy has pretty much paralyzed a major American city for about 17 hours now. I hope other terrorists aren't taking note.

But hey, who needs the second amendment?
If, g-d forbid, something similar ever happened in Dallas...this gun-totin' librul is ready. *snick snick*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post
Arm chair quarterbacks unite!
Beat me to it.

Old 04-19-2013, 01:25 PM

1,672 posts, read 1,771,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
They should be deported.
Want Russia to deport them to where?

Old 04-19-2013, 01:25 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,226,412 times
Damn, I go to bed hoping they'd catch this guy, and he is still on the loose?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies