Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2013, 07:38 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times

Advertisements

One day I found a cell phone- It contained a slew of pictures ......Hand guns have become a problem Toronto....contained in the phone were images of punks holding a gun in each hand pointing into the lens. The other pics were various shots of a long table displaying a couple of dozen high end semi auto weapons - The images of the people in the phone were very clear and it was clear these guys were gun runners. The battery in the phone went dead.

I was a concerned older man and I took the phone to the local cop station..I explained to the guy at the desk that they should have a look at what I had...The cop said - they "did not have the equipment to recharge the phone" Some big smiling blonde cop - gave the phone to me and also stated there might be some "privacy issues"...then he smirked and laughed in my face.

I got the impression there was no will in law enforcement to bring about some peace and security in Toronto- They could have taken dozens of illegal guns off the street - arrested the gun runners and stopped another hundred weapons from entering Canada...but they were not interested...Thinking back I am still astounded that this took place _ I thought cops really wanted to serve and protect.

Old 04-19-2013, 07:39 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Exactly.

I'll be surprised if they can make 'terrorism' stick. No federal people killed, not on federal property, they're both citizens, and so forth.

Not gonna be easy to make a federal charge stick.
Please....

What is it about detonating a bomb are you missing?

Old 04-19-2013, 07:39 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarian View Post
Not surprising, if he took a few slugs in last night's shoot-out. He'd have lost a lot of blood since.
People who donated blood probally never expected that it would go to him.

Old 04-19-2013, 07:40 PM

1,000 posts, read 1,126,855 times
In that sense every religion have extremists. Except budhism. They are cool.

Old 04-19-2013, 07:41 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Yes it is. Even just a bomb threat is.

FEDERAL EXPLOSIVES AND BOMBING L
Amazing that some just refuse to "see"............

Of course this is going to be a federal case, even if some refuse to believe that.

Old 04-19-2013, 07:42 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
One day I found a cell phone- It contained a slew of pictures ......Hand guns have become a problem Toronto....contained in the phone were images of punks holding a gun in each hand pointing into the lens. The other pics were various shots of a long table displaying a couple of dozen high end semi auto weapons - The images of the people in the phone were very clear and it was clear these guys were gun runners. The battery in the phone went dead.

I was a concerned older man and I took the phone to the local cop station..I explained to the guy at the desk that they should have a look at what I had...The cop said - they "did not have the equipment to recharge the phone" Some big smiling blonde cop - gave the phone to me and also stated there might be some "privacy issues"...then he smirked and laughed in my face.

I got the impression there was no will in law enforcement to bring about some peace and security in Toronto- They could have taken dozens of illegal guns off the street - arrested the gun runners and stopped another hundred weapons from entering Canada...but they were not interested...Thinking back I am still astounded that this took place _ I thought cops really wanted to serve and protect.
Think "reactive", not "proactive" for many of them.

Much easier and safer to go after us, like traffic stops, shoplifting, burglary, petty theft.
Drug running, gun running, etc. is a whole different ballgame and usually the local LE don't tackle things like that on their own.

Old 04-19-2013, 07:43 PM

26,653 posts, read 28,677,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriceP View Post
In that sense every religion have extremists. Except budhism. They are cool.
Yes. Even the Puritans were extremists, or they became so at one point, executing people as witches. That's not quite normal, it's religion taken to the extreme.

Old 04-19-2013, 07:43 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post

At that point, I would have contact the media and made a bunch of noise.

Old 04-19-2013, 07:44 PM

4,684 posts, read 4,572,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
People who donated blood probally never expected that it would go to him.
No, I daresay not. Still, we're the civilized ones, remember. Have to do the decent thing, patch him up for his trial.

Old 04-19-2013, 07:45 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,550,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
That's nothing. Clinton was offered Osama's head on a silver platter and declined, saying Osama wasn't that important or that much of a threat.

That's nothing, our troops had Osama cornered and Bush decided that we should get Saddam instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies