Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2013, 08:57 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times

Advertisements

Your personal attacks on Maddow make what might have been valid points about her reporting (opinions) a little hard to consider. I don't like the woman's far left leaning either but that doesn't justify slurs of a personal nature.

Old 04-20-2013, 08:58 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
It was the history of Chechnya.

Rachel Maddow Show

Old 04-20-2013, 08:59 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,254,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
What floored me was the host kept repeating "remember, he's not been found guilty of anything, he's innocent until PROVEN guilty in a court of law" and "Alleged" remember folks he's "alleged to have committed crimes, nothing's been proven yet".
And?

Isn't that how it works in this country? "Innocent until proven guilty?"

Are you really going to throw a hissy fit over some dude on the t.v. using the term "alleged?"

Would you have preferred that host demand the guy be drawn and quartered, right there and then? (No need to answer.)

Old 04-20-2013, 09:00 AM

8,733 posts, read 15,940,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Well, really:

Pressure cooker-available at any Kohl's, Target, Walmart, K-Mart (assuming there are any left), most hardware stores, cooking supply stores, etc.

Nails: Home Depot, Lowes, most of the above (probably not Kohl's)

BBs: I don't know. I'm sure some of you guys know where you can acquire those.

Explosive: I think it was gunpowder. I personally don't know where you can get it, but seeing as one can buy fireworks legally, I don't think it would be too hard to find it.

That's probably one of those things you think later, "I should have just called the police". His first instinct was obviously "What they hey? I need to take a look at this." It could have been an animal that left the blood.
Many gun owners who target practice do their own reloading of bullets.They need gunpowder for that. Any gun dealer has all you want, and there is no age limit like their is on Fireworks.

Old 04-20-2013, 09:00 AM

4,684 posts, read 4,573,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So you just sit around watching a channel that you seem to hate? That makes no sense at all. Why waste your time doing something you don't like?
My guess: the OP didn't actually watch Maddow, just saw a headline about the program on Drudge or somewhere and founded his conclusions on nothing more than that.

Old 04-20-2013, 09:01 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by totsuka View Post
The younger killer has been in the states since he was 13 so it is hard to believe we can stop these type of terrorists in the future. I wonder how living in Boston, the heart of Liberalism in this country affected his view towards this country.
just

Jihad is a hard core religious based struggle to impose moral laws on society. This is as far from liberalism as it can get!

Quote:
According to the BBC, a third meaning of jihad is the struggle to build a good society.[5] In a commentary of the hadith Sahih Muslim, entitled al-Minhaj, the medieval Islamic scholar Yahya ibn Sharaf al-Nawawi stated that "one of the collective duties of the community as a whole (fard kifaya) is to lodge a valid protest, to solve problems of religion, to have knowledge of Divine Law, to command what is right and forbid wrong conduct".
Jihad - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The first step in fighting against an enemy, is knowing what your enemy is.

Old 04-20-2013, 09:02 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,943,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by totsuka View Post
The younger killer has been in the states since he was 13 so it is hard to believe we can stop these type of terrorists in the future. I wonder how living in Boston, the heart of Liberalism in this country affected his view towards this country.
I can't see how it would be any different than Tim McVeig's growing up in NY shaped his view of America.

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
They were the same person. They made the carjacking victim strip down to ensure he wasn't an accomplice with explosives.
Two different situations. The man that was carjacked was released by the brothers. The naked man was by himself and there was supposed to be a third person (besides the brothers). Can't see much from the vid, but he looks young.

10,942 posts, read 10,254,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
[MOD CUT] I guess the hostage negotiation team that was there doesn't qualify as asking him to give up?
It never ceases to amaze me when no matter what the police do people who weren't there and only watched it on TV second guess what was done.

I fully admit had I been one of the cops there I don't have any doubt I would have been soooo pissed I would've just shot him and let him leave in a bag. They could have very easily let him bleed out stating that they were concerned that there were IED's in the boat and it wasn't safe.
Oh, brother - another armchair keyboard commando.

IF a cop had done that, you all would be screaming about police brutality and how rotten cops are (look at the Dorner case).

Quote:
Those cops were better than I it seems.
Yes, yes, they were.

Old 04-20-2013, 09:04 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Well said.

Also, am I the only one who thinks that maybe that boat owner, when he saw blood on his boat which hadn't been there before, instead of pulling the tarp back to look inside himself, should have immediately called 9-1-1?

Besides not knowing what the kid had on him in the way of weapons and/or bombs, at the very least, he could have alerted him, allowing him to escape.
I thought the same thing...blood, ladder, wounded, bomber on the loose. Didn't take rocket science to add that one up. I would have called 911 while keeping my eyes on the boat...from a safe distance. Anyway, all's well that ends well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies