Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2013, 12:11 PM

14,019 posts, read 15,001,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
It was Boston and surrounding suburbs put on lockdown. It wasn't just Watertown.
Were you not aware of that ?

Here's some photos of the lockdown:
Eerie Photos Of Boston On Lockdown
Outside of 20 blocks in Watertown, it was recommended to stay inside, not ordered. They arrested 3 more people in New Bedford (50 miles south of Boston), as well as one in Cambridge, bringing the grand total to 6.

Old 04-20-2013, 12:12 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,471,945 times
Where did the two bombers receive their living expenses/funding? The younger bomber was a full-time student that reportedly had a Mercedes-Benz vehicle and wore very expensive shoes. Was the older [dead] bomber employed? I don't think either bomber was receiving money from family. Were they receiving money from our government (we taxpayers)? Or from a terrorist group...and if so, is the group a local cell or overseas? You've got to get money from somewhere to live...

Old 04-20-2013, 12:14 PM

1,000 posts, read 1,126,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Where did the two bombers receive their living expenses/funding? The younger bomber was a full-time student that reportedly had a Mercedes-Benz vehicle and wore very expensive shoes. Was the older [dead] bomber employed? I don't think either bomber was receiving money from family. Were they receiving money from our government (we taxpayers)? Or from a terrorist group...and if so, is the group a local cell or overseas? You've got to get money from somewhere to live...
I have to agree with you. Follow the money. Maybe the new strategy is to get legal resident/us citizens to cooperate with them instead of visa holders, but how was the money being wired? Cash? Or using bank accounts?

Old 04-20-2013, 12:16 PM

BREAKING: Federal public defender's office in Boston says it is seeking to represent bombing suspect Tsarnaek

Old 04-20-2013, 12:19 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,202,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Or maybe they were drug dealers? Why would they be getting that kind of money from "our government" for any reason? Maybe a terrorist group too--who knows--but you can bet their financial transactions are being looked over with a fine tooth comb right now, so we'll know soon enough.

Old 04-20-2013, 12:21 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,490,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
It was absolutely justified. You act like this kind of shut down and manhunt has never happened before in this country. I had my hair done yesterday at our small town beauty shop (near Lincoln Nebraska), and a lot of the older ladies there were talking about the Charles Starkweather case, and the manhunt to find him in 1958. It was no different than the Boston scenario, except that Boston had more manpower, they could control the area better and keep better tabs on traffic because they weren't having to search and watch rural fields, farmhouses and backroads as well, and they got the job done quickly and efficiently.

"The murders of the Wards and Fencl caused an uproar within Lancaster County,[5] with all law enforcement agencies in the region thrown into a house-by-house search for the killers. Governor Victor E. Anderson contacted the Nebraska National Guard, and the Lincoln chief of police called for a block-by-block search of the city. Frequent sightings of the two were often reported, with concomitant charges of incompetence against the Lincoln Police Department for their inability to capture the two."

Charles Starkweather - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't know what you're ranting on about with "too many movies." What the police did worked. They got them in 4 days. Some of any police work is luck, but the rest was smart strategy and hard work. The younger boy was going to classes like nothing had happened. They didn't think they were going to get caught, or even identified. If I'm a terrorist, hiding in a basement somewhere, unless I'm a suicide bomber, this might make them think twice if they want to come out of a situation like that alive and free. Just what exactly do you expect law enforcement to do? Sorry, but I think your comments are nutty.
they were tricky. You can't legally order a city to be put on lockdown. In Boston they pretty much just suggested you stay inside. You could of legally left your house if you wanted to without getting arrested.

Old 04-20-2013, 12:23 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,454,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
they were tricky. You can't legally order a city to be put on lockdown. In Boston they pretty much just suggested you stay inside. You could of legally left your house if you wanted to without getting arrested.
Yeah..that would be considered martial law.

Old 04-20-2013, 12:27 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,202,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
They did a good job with this. The fact that everyone was staying home meant that if the kid had tried to move around to escape, he would have been easy to spot and catch. I didn't go looking for a link, but I saw on the news last night that LE was pretty positive that he'd been wounded in the shootout, and they were testing blood in the abandoned car to see if it was his. If he can't move, he can't seek supplies to try to stop the bleeding himself if it was a flesh wound, and he sure couldn't have tried to seek medical treatment. It looks like they were playing a waiting game with him, and they were right. He'd lost a ton of blood when they found him, and he was too weak to fight back. They just as easily could have found him dead.

Old 04-20-2013, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Or maybe they were drug dealers? Why would they be getting that kind of money from "our government" for any reason? Maybe a terrorist group too--who knows--but you can bet their financial transactions are being looked over with a fine tooth comb right now, so we'll know soon enough.
I dont think they were getting money from the government. Such as like what welfare? No, probably the money was being wired or given to them cash.

Although honestly they really did not needed that much money for the bombs, more like living expenses.

Old 04-20-2013, 12:29 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,000,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
If I was checking my boat it would have been with my 6.5 Grendel up the dudes butt. The last armed perp we had running around my hood I handed out weapons to my friends like santa clause.
Yeah but it was in a liberal town.

Libs run to call the cops first - because they live in gun free zones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies