Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2013, 07:47 PM

1,000 posts, read 1,123,633 times

Advertisements

Apparently is not common for the russians to reach out to the fbi for someone. It is not rouine. Why did the fbi drop the ball on suspect#1 ? And why was he not deported for this or his dv charge?

Old 04-20-2013, 07:49 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,448,656 times
People who want Tsarnaev Mirandized. You have NO feeling for the people who got killed or maimed? Tsarnaev is who you feel sympathy for, want to protect? It's disgusting. Gee, I hope we gave the Nazi generals enough sucking up at Nuremberg. I'm totally for civil liberties, but EVERYTHING in life has a limit. Only the insane take a principle and insist that there are no limiting conditions.

Old 04-20-2013, 07:50 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,622,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Sorry folks but the sand covering your heads is eroding away. You might be better off to finally wake up and start to smell the coffee.
Naw. Their empty heads are still buried. Between idiotic keyboard lawyers and 0bots, this thing will be drawn out for years and years. And the sand will get deeper. And America will learn nothing. And more people will be given rights, even though they've done nothing to earn them.

This one's on 0boy and his stinkin' lousy administration. Russia warned us, for Pete's sake!

If I weren't an American, I would be laughing my azz off.

Old 04-20-2013, 07:51 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,387,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Muslims can infiltrate what ever they want...but if they show the slightest signs of loathing or contempt for secular "infidels" or for anyone else they should be removed from office. This host nation was built on a Christian foundation... Muslims must not make light of Christ- Even Mohamed honored and respected Christ who is repeatedly mentioned in the Koran. Muslims must not forget that Mohamed was in part a Christian also....if he were not- Christ even though described as a prophet would not have been mentioned in the book.
Would you pleeeeezzze stop with the "Christian foundation" stuff.

Old 04-20-2013, 07:52 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,855,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Muslims can infiltrate what ever they want...but if they show the slightest signs of loathing or contempt for secular "infidels" or for anyone else they should be removed from office. This host nation was built on a Christian foundation... Muslims must not make light of Christ- Even Mohamed honored and respected Christ who is repeatedly mentioned in the Koran. Muslims must not forget that Mohamed was in part a Christian also....if he were not- Christ even though described as a prophet would not have been mentioned in the book.
I think you need to go back and read the Constitution. When you're done, read "Common Sense" by Thomas Paine.

Also, you can keep repeating that our country was built by Christians but, although many of the Founding Fathers believed in God, most of them were Deists.

"Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined and imprisoned. What has been the effect of this coercion? To make one half of the world fools and the other half hypocrites." Thomas Jefferson

"The faith you mention has doubtless its use in the world. I do not desire to see it diminished, nor would I desire to lessen it in any way; but I wish it were more productive of good works than I have generally seen it. I mean real good works, works of kindness, charity, mercy, and public spirit, not holy-day keeping, sermon-hearing, and reading, performing church ceremonies, or making long prayers, filled with flatteries and compliments, despised even by wise men, and much less capable of pleasing the Deity" Benjamin Franklin

Old 04-20-2013, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenhere4ever View Post
People who want Tsarnaev Mirandized. You have NO feeling for the people who got killed or maimed? Tsarnaev is who you feel sympathy for, want to protect? It's disgusting. Gee, I hope we gave the Nazi generals enough sucking up at Nuremberg. I'm totally for civil liberties, but EVERYTHING in life has a limit. Only the insane take a principle and insist that there are no limiting conditions.
There are many of us who want the U.S. law followed. It's about our system of justice. It's not about one individual. Nobody is "feeling sympathy" for the suspect at this point. Seems that some people out there actually understand a little bit about the U.S. Constitution and the RIGHT TO NOT INCRIMINATE YOURSELF (5th Amendment) and don't want that right violated.......period. When you start making "exceptions" to the law, it means trouble and a possible loss of rights FOR EVERYBODY.

Last edited by FancyFeast5000; 04-20-2013 at 08:02 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 04-20-2013, 07:55 PM

1,000 posts, read 1,123,633 times
Quote:
He is an american and he has to be given due process though. As despicable as he is.

Old 04-20-2013, 07:59 PM

29,095 posts, read 25,918,733 times
Quote:
Every criminal defendant deserves a good defense, and as a U.S. citizen he has certain rights.

We are not North Korea.

That said - the decision to not Mirandize him has to do with national security reasons and is a reasonable and lawful exception.

I support it.

Old 04-20-2013, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Naw. Their empty heads are still buried. Between idiotic keyboard lawyers and 0bots, this thing will be drawn out for years and years. And the sand will get deeper. And America will learn nothing. And more people will be given rights, even though they've done nothing to earn them.

This one's on 0boy and his stinkin' lousy administration. Russia warned us, for Pete's sake!

If I weren't an American, I would be laughing my azz off.
What did you do to EARN your 5th Amendment right, and at what age were you when you EARNED that right?

I'm guessing that the bomber suspect did more than you have done to "earn" any rights....apparently he did have to fill out an application for naturalization.

Old 04-20-2013, 08:00 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,855,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriceP View Post
He is an american and he has to be given due process though. As despicable as he is.
Exactly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies