Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2013, 06:01 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,451,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
[/b]
I think they need to treat him like a citizen because he is one. I hope this doesn't come back and bite them.
Well if it does come back and bite them, it is long past time it did. ( I for one hope it does because if it doesn't, the future doesn't look bright for any of us).

Old 04-21-2013, 06:04 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,450,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Ok. Are you sure you dont mean when they interviewed him? This one particularly mentions his trip which he took last year, and who he met up with as part of the reason Russia tried to give the FBI a heads up about it.

I just dont understand how something like that is shrugged off or ignored? Hell, given that, he shouldve been one of the first suspects.
Yet, in related news, the FBI arrested an 18 year old at the airport for terrorism.
He went to an FBI setup website regarding terrorist training and signed up.

The FBI was at the airport and arrested him.

When the FBI controls the setup..they ALWAYS get their guy.

FBI: Aurora Teen Attempted to Join Terrorist Group Linked to Al-Qaida | NBC Chicago

Old 04-21-2013, 06:06 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,036,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
So what's your point in making this post? Express your hatred for "liberals" and Obama? Nothing you said makes good sense or is the least bit accurate, and it seems to be simply to flame liberals.
Pretty sad isn't it, obviously that poster has nothing intelligent to say.

Old 04-21-2013, 06:13 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,202,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
What's your source on that? My source says that as of 4:20 PM, EDT, about 2 1/2 hours ago, he was not being questioned.

Boston Update: Officials Wait To Question Suspect; Memorial Held Sunday : The Two-Way : NPR
Source: Suspected Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev responds to investigators in writing

Old 04-21-2013, 06:14 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,451,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
This could be wrong so someone correct me if that's the case, but I think the time that Miranda rights have to be read varies by state. My understanding is that some states require it at the time of arrest, and others prior to beginning questioning after you've been arrested. In that case, if you're blabbering to LE in the squad car on the way to jail, and they're just listening, I suppose it could be used in court, but I'm not sure. That's why I'm not sure how the "public safety exemption" works. I'm taking it to mean that they can question him for a period of time (and use that information in court to prosecute him) without giving him the opportunity to have an attorney present during his questioning who can advise him of his rights.
That is why it is important to know your rights!

Old 04-21-2013, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Oh and it doesn't have to make sense? Sounds like most liberal arguments. lol
In the words of my husband (a former prosecuting attorney), "Most criminals (but not all) are dumber than a box of rocks."

Old 04-21-2013, 06:21 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,704,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Oh and it doesn't have to make sense? Sounds like most liberal arguments. lol
No, it doesn't have to make sense. Does it make sense that a mom would kill her daughter's competition in cheerleading tryouts? It happened.

Old 04-21-2013, 06:23 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,474,724 times
The applicability of the Miranda warning is that if you don't read it, and the suspect makes a statement, and that statement is critical to prosecution or any of the fruit of the poisonous tree which is the statements made before the warning, then the judge can suppress the evidence. So if prosecutors decide not to press a charge related to unwarned testimony, it becomes irrelevant. If the prosecution doesn't CARE if the evidence is suppressed, the warning is irrelevant. Frankly, if they handled the suspect as the terrorist he is, all that law could be moot under the Patriot Act. I'm totally for civil liberties in one of those stupid cases where mere adherence to Islam is the basis of the arrest warrant. But anyone who brings that up here is just under a very bad understanding of the case. They are trying to make a blanket case as if there are no distinctions in law. They want to break the law and know they can hamstring prosecutors with all sorts of technicalities they hope are built into the law. That's why they become vocal advocate for this foreigner who repaid asylum with murder. He's only on our soil because of a claim the Russians would arrest and torture him. So the good ole USA said "awww, come on in, we'll protect you". But the fact is he hates us more than he hates Russians.

Old 04-21-2013, 06:24 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,704,934 times
That is interesting.

Old 04-21-2013, 06:24 PM

The article goes on to say that LE is confident now that the two of them acted alone, and that they planned other attacks, because the apartment for the older brother was full of explosive devices and bomb making materials. The older brother was a big fan of those magazines telling you how to build a DIY bomb. If you're acting alone, and if you're not in any kind of contact with other radicals--if you're not emailing, texting or calling them, how would the FBI identify you as a terrorist? It's pretty easy for these "lone wolf" terrorists to slip under the radar. LE thinks that the little brother was just following his older brother.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies