Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2013, 09:44 PM

258 posts, read 238,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
All the gory shots from immediately after the bombing are on reddit and have been from the beginning. There are no discrepancies. The African American woman is never next to the guy with no legs. He's seen next to one of the girls that died however. He was close to the bomb. Anyone can google and see them. There are whole subreeddits where they broke down the timeline by the photos.

Whatever conspiracy theories y'all come up with, those photos are not going to help.
Well again I don't see many people advocating for the "everything was fake" position. It's easy to tear that position down.

But again the problem is there isn't the same level of scrutiny for that farfetched idea as it is for official reports

How can this photo suffice for being incontrovertible evidence for suspect#2?

If merely carrying a backpack in public is enough proof to make someone labeled a terrorist and even potentially deserving of enemy combatant status, then that power could easily be abused for political dissidence

Old 04-22-2013, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
He won't tell you, but it's the New World Order conspiracy theory. They believe that a group of enormously wealthy and powerful elites are behind all these events (and that they are in control of our government) in order to "condition" people so that they are afraid, or something, and will not oppose more controls going in place, like cameras, etc., etc,. gradually eroding our freedoms.

I don't believe in that thing, but you can google New World Order and read about it. I've confronted this poster on this issue previously and ultimately it came down to New World Order. I think there are a lot of people out there who believe bits and pieces of that overall conspiracy theory. It's interesting to see how it got started.

I think it defies common sense but that doesn't stop people from believing it.
I personally believe the idea of going as far as to have actors as victims in a crime is unnecessary as well

But just out of curiosity why do you think it defies common sense in general for people in power to attempt to consolidate that power?

Isn't all of human history an example of humans in power trying to do just that and often expansion of that power until those nations ultimately collapse from within from becoming too ambitious?

Isn't human history rife with examples of humans trying to enslave other humans? Eradicate other humans, including their own citizens?

What about America would make it a moral/ethical exception to such ambition?

In fact the term New World Order could be said to be silly because there is nothing NEW about such plans of imperialism.

Whether or not if a specific event is related to such an end goal is not as important as recognizing that such an end goal can exist in any society

Denying it as a possibility is actually what would enable it to happen. The benefit of the doubt when misplaced is what leads to all sorts of betrayal and corruption that is overlooked.

The founders wisely recognized that government is not deserving of such a benefit of the doubt which is why they not only created the Bill of Rights but emphasized eternal vigilance from the public as the ultimate check on power

Old 04-22-2013, 09:49 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATTC View Post
I think the point is that the public is almost convinced that there is hard evidence. Just take a pulse of the nation with how many people who would even consider denying the suspect the right to a trial

The very fact that the FBI said that only the two blurry photos they initially released were to be considered and nothing else was a pretty definitive stance as if they had some smoking gun evidence.

And again this was even before the reported shootout
Bottom line, it doesn't matter what the public has seen or what the public believes. The guy has been arrested and charged. There will be a trial, unless the prosecutors offer him a plea deal. I think they're going to go for the death penalty, and NO DEFENDANT in their right mind will plea to a death penalty. If they do pursue death, there will be a trial. At that point the prosecutors will have to convince a JURY, not the public. However, I feel certain that every bit of evidence presented in such a trial will be reported in the news. AT THAT POINT, you will see whatever "hard evidence" the prosecution thinks they have.

It has already been announced that this defendant will not be treated as an "enemy combatant." So there will be a trial. And IF, a very huge IF, the prosecutors did offer this guy a plea, and he took the deal, the circumstances and details of the incident will still be in the record.

Old 04-22-2013, 09:50 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times
It's as if one dead brother and one live brother have already been tried in social media. It's a bit like the Roman arena of old...The public sees a couple of blurred digital photos..hears a few confused mainstream media reports...and a huge roar from the crowd that is social media...and social media is giving the thumb down signal...as the emperor looks on and panders to the mob...then he in turn gives the thumbs down....as death is delivered.

There was one person who posted a video still and screamed....LOOK look it's a conspiracy..the guy is still wearing his back pack. On close inspection there is no back back...People see things that are not there and don't see things that are there. Due process and due diligence had been lost and the authorities want instant gratification and recognition..while the doubtful chant "Never let an act of violence go to waste....

Old 04-22-2013, 09:53 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,563,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinx View Post
These photos show little holes in the boat, not dents: Bullet-riddled boat.
Does this make any freaking sense? Hell no! How stupid do they think we are?

Quote:
The younger Tsarnaev's neck wound is reportedly self-inflicted. He is believed to have put his pistol in his mouth and fired, but he survived because the bullet passed through his throat instead of his brain. Read more:
Boston bombings: Up-close look at the bloodied, bullet-riddled boat where bombing suspect hid as hero owner tries to avoid spotlight | Mail Online
[

Old 04-22-2013, 09:55 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,092 times
Quote:
Well again I don't see many people advocating for the "everything was fake" position. It's easy to tear that position down.

But again the problem is there isn't the same level of scrutiny for that farfetched idea as it is for official reports

How can this photo suffice for being incontrovertible evidence for suspect#2?

If merely carrying a backpack in public is enough proof to make someone labeled a terrorist and even potentially deserving of enemy combatant status, then that power could easily be abused for political dissidence
You have not seen all the evidence. You have not seen all the videos. That photo was simply for identification of the person carrying the bag. Again, you have not seen all the evidence at this point. Federal prosecutors do not run their cases by the public FIRST. They investigate, arrest, charge....and then continue on with the legal process. A probable cause hearing has already been scheduled for the end of May. If you think that the prosecution is going to run all their evidence by the public first, I would suggest that you're just a little naive.

Old 04-22-2013, 09:59 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,563,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Hopefully, this won't be too troubling to the self anointed censors of the board, but here is Mr. Cowboy, standing there doing nothing, holding his cowboy hat in one hand and his very clean and not bloody American flag in the other ... must have been in between takes:

There is some particularly revealing data in this shot. Look closely at the African-American woman who is just to the left of the lounging guy who is using the other guy as a pillow to lean up against. Check her out very closely ... in some other photos that I seem to be prohibited from posting, the man with the double amputation was right along side her, but he's not there now? Where did he go? You see the hero Carlos Arrendondo, aka Mr. Cowboy just standing there watching ... of course he was the one who administered to the missing amputee person, and wheeled him up the road in a wheelchair, right? He's the one that applied the tourniquet, right? Look at his hands .... do you see blood on his hands? Because the man with two missing legs is apparently gone from this scene, that means ONE OF TWO THINGS ... either Mr. Cowboy has already wheeled him up the street and to help ... come back, washed all the blood off his hands, and got back to his original spot, and became an observer, not assisting the THREE injured WOMEN clearly there in front of him .... OR .... like I said, there was a rest period in between takes, which clearly looks to be what is happening with Mr. Arrendondo, and the guy lounging there like he's at the beach, using the other guy as a pillow.

You got a better explanation for this? Of course you don't, because there is no explanation for this, other than this is a god damned movie set .... the man with the two blown off legs is not part of this shot, even though it is out of sequence with other shots WE'VE ALREADY SEEN with the lounging guy who was the first guy to offer aid to the woman and the amputee in the video footage.
Wow, I see what you're saying. I've seen the shot with the amputee there, then he's not, but couldn't put it together. Unbelievable that they could get so many others to go along with this charade, but it does explain all the smoke bombs.

Old 04-22-2013, 10:00 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,476,786 times
Quote:
The same power to make him an enemy combatant without going to trial is precedent for doing so for political dissidence down the road.
Right. Everything is justified by reference to some imaginary future campaign to silence the population. This is militia-maniac thinking. This is why American society looks from a distance like a neurotic, jerking around, flailing, unable to reach any sensible conclusion. The government has to take the position most like a neurotic to prevent such accusations. You could describe this sort of behavior and say "Is this written by the Unabomber or by a normal American citizien". And really, a total stranger wouldn't be able to say for sure. It is shadowboxing with ghosts. Let the guy die in a holding cell and "you end America". In what drug-induced paranoid state is that scenario plausible? I've heard this sort of thing over and over with mobsters. Give them heroic medicine, bring them back from the brink of death, try them, and then put a needle in their arm. That is what we do so we don't "end America". So sad t hat the few countries in the world where sanity reigns have such restrictive immigration policy. I want to seek asylum rather than live in one.

Old 04-22-2013, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Bottom line, it doesn't matter what the public has seen or what the public believes. The guy has been arrested and charged. There will be a trial, unless the prosecutors offer him a plea deal. I think they're going to go for the death penalty, and NO DEFENDANT in their right mind will plea to a death penalty. If they do pursue death, there will be a trial. At that point the prosecutors will have to convince a JURY, not the public. However, I feel certain that every bit of evidence presented in such a trial will be reported in the news. AT THAT POINT, you will see whatever "hard evidence" the prosecution thinks they have.

It has already been announced that this defendant will not be treated as an "enemy combatant." So there will be a trial. And IF, a very huge IF, the prosecutors did offer this guy a plea, and he took the deal, the circumstances and details of the incident will still be in the record.
Trust me I hope you're right. I hope there is actually court permissible evidence to charge this guy outside of just mere reports.

But Im no so sure that such evidence will ever see the light of day

I'd love to see the pictures of him placing the black backpack with the bomb at the blast site. I'd love to have the audio/video of the grenade throwing battle with the police

But if it didn't happen we will never see it, and because he has already been found guilty in the minds of the public, the shoddiest of evidence would convince a jury at this point

Old 04-22-2013, 10:02 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
I think just because one decides to keep an open mind they are accused of siding with the suspects

I believe they could be guilty or innocent

I think the opposite is the case with the public. They have decided they WANT these suspects to be guilty because it's what they have been told

But it's dangerous to just take what the government says at face value for such severe accusations. Especially with their initial behavior of insinuating that no one should be considered a suspect outside of those two individuals

And initially saying that they didn't know who they were and later come to find out they've been in contact with these individuals for years.

Any scenario from these two individuals alone working, or these two individuals being a part of a terrorist cell, or them even being patsies for criminal elements inside of our own government should be explored

But our society led by our corporate media, has forbidden any scrutiny of government for any major event
You can believe all that, and still not think the whole attack was faked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies