Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2013, 02:51 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
How would she (wife) have a clue of what her husband was NOT plotting, IF
she was working up to 80 hours a week?

OF which, I find very hard to believe, if she was a home health care worker...

I'd want to know why this "dead husband" did not need to work himself;
not really... just glad he's dead.

Last edited by pollyrobin; 04-23-2013 at 03:33 AM..

Old 04-23-2013, 03:55 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,065,142 times
I saw some interesting info on the uncle and his work history with ties to... wait for it... Blackwater. I won't say theres a conspiracy there but bad karma, YEP. And they just came out with a video of Boston SWAT teams ordering people out of their houses at gunpoint while they searched houses in neighborhoods. Maybe it was understandable, maybe slightly excessive. I know I wouldn't have walked out of my house, I'd have just stayed hunkered down, armed and ready.
Remember it was an ordinary citizen acting on his own that found the bomber. He deserves a citizen hero award.

Old 04-23-2013, 04:17 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I saw some interesting info on the uncle and his work history with ties to... wait for it... Blackwater. I won't say theres a conspiracy there but bad karma, YEP. And they just came out with a video of Boston SWAT teams ordering people out of their houses at gunpoint while they searched houses in neighborhoods. Maybe it was understandable, maybe slightly excessive. I know I wouldn't have walked out of my house, I'd have just stayed hunkered down, armed and ready.
Remember it was an ordinary citizen acting on his own that found the bomber. He deserves a citizen hero award.
Does accidently stumbling across something suspicious, departing the immediate scene and calling the cops really merit the lable Hero?
I personally find that an affront to people who actually did something outside the norm....something they did even if it put themselves in danger.... something heroic
But I suppose, if Obama can get a Nobel Peace award..........

Old 04-23-2013, 04:36 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Does accidently stumbling across something suspicious, departing the immediate scene and calling the cops really merit the lable Hero?
I personally find that an affront to people who actually did something outside the norm....something they did even if it put themselves in danger.... something heroic
But I suppose, if Obama can get a Nobel Peace award..........
Sorry, I think you are acting cold here...
That guy who called the cops after seeing the blood trail to his boat;
he deserves a community thank you.
Remember, we do have a Volunteer Military force today..

Old 04-23-2013, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Sorry, I think you are acting cold here...
That guy who called the cops after seeing the blood trail to his boat;
he deserves a community thank you.
Remember, we do have a Volunteer Military force today..
Yes,somewhat different from being termed a hero.
I do think everybody would have done the same rather than run back into the house, say nothing to anybody and just sit and wonder why your boat had blood all over it
Maybe even all the anti-smoking contingent can thank him for not knuckling under to their desires.
In this case....smoking may have saved lives!!

Old 04-23-2013, 05:02 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times
a couple of thoughts:

where was the million dollar reward when a bunch of citizens got killed and maimed?

why are we allowing the media to lie, without holding them accountable-how do you ever fix anything if you don't have the complete truth?

maybe some of the police need to get more firearms training when that many rounds are fired off and neither suspect gets killed until one of them is run over by a vehicle by someone.

maybe in the future they won't release information to the public when they have "their suspects", especially if they know the suspects are partying locally? (as was reported) why wouldn't they be monitoring suspects anyhow? reminds me of not keeping track of bin laden's wives (especially when he was evidently living with a couple of them when killed).

maybe get an elite team to go in and round up the suspects (since they were clueless that they had been filmed and there were that many cameras there) without endangering and locking down the entire city-terrifying many people and sending bullets into houses.

how much did all this cost the city, and how much was the fear factor amplified?

there is a lot to be learned from this tragedy.

Old 04-23-2013, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
a couple of thoughts:

why ?.
Why a lot of things about how all this transpired floridasandy.
Monday morning quarterbacking can be pretty silly sometimes but there are several legitimate questions about why things were done they way they were.
One simple "silly" little question I can't help but have is why tracking dogs weren't brought to the SUV scene and had the kid tracked from there?
Maybe there is a really good reason....I'd just be interested in knowing what it is.

Old 04-23-2013, 05:40 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,704 times
Quote:
Monday morning quarterbacking can be pretty silly sometimes but there are several legitimate questions about why things were done they way they were.
One simple "silly" little question I can't help but have is why tracking dogs weren't brought to the SUV scene and had the kid tracked from there?
Maybe there is a really good reason....I'd just be interested in knowing what it is.
Im not crying conspiracy here, but it bugs the heck out of me on how they let the guy get away. So the police all got out of their vehicles while the younger one was still driving around? None got back in and followed? It makes no sense

Old 04-23-2013, 05:42 AM

3,423 posts, read 3,214,442 times
Quote:
In fact, ABC News did show dogs on the scene.

Old 04-23-2013, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orogenicman View Post
In fact, ABC News did show dogs on the scene.

Tracking or bomb sniffing?
Tilt1 brought up a good one.
That is so ridiculous ( not following him ) that it can't be so.....can it?
I admit to not watching the whole thing minute by minute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies