Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2013, 12:05 PM

15,089 posts, read 8,631,560 times

Advertisements

These are some pretty good thoughts, and ones that more people should be thinking about a lot more than they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
a couple of thoughts:

where was the million dollar reward when a bunch of citizens got killed and maimed?

why are we allowing the media to lie, without holding them accountable-how do you ever fix anything if you don't have the complete truth?
This is one of the most perplexing issues of all. We are being psychologically manipulated and conditioned ... that's just the hard cold reality of it, and few people understand the age old techniques being used on us. Those of us who do recognize what is happening, are attacked as conspiracy theorists, which is part of the conditioning.

Quote:
maybe some of the police need to get more firearms training when that many rounds are fired off and neither suspect gets killed until one of them is run over by a vehicle by someone.

maybe in the future they won't release information to the public when they have "their suspects", especially if they know the suspects are partying locally? (as was reported) why wouldn't they be monitoring suspects anyhow? reminds me of not keeping track of bin laden's wives (especially when he was evidently living with a couple of them when killed).
The answer lies in the good questions you pose. We first don't even know if there was ever a shootout to begin with. We have video evidence of a man arrested ... made to strip naked ... and this is on camera. We have the Aunt of the two alleged bombers identifying than naked man as the elder brother, who was allegedly killed in that shootout. She says that it was him, 100% ... no question about it. Obviously, if he was indeed the naked man arrested, as his blood relative insists, he was already in custody long before any shootout was possible, making the entire story of these events, totally fabricated.

Quote:
maybe get an elite team to go in and round up the suspects (since they were clueless that they had been filmed and there were that many cameras there) without endangering and locking down the entire city-terrifying many people and sending bullets into houses.
This is a FINE POINT .... and this is generally what happens in such REAL situations. Police don't announce to the world (and in so doing, tip off the suspects) such details. When they positively identify suspects, they quietly determine where these suspects can be found, and they surround and capture them, without warning or advance notice. That's how typical law enforcement action goes down. When you see the opposite occurring, that is the tip off that a narrative is being created and promoted. This is the creation or fabrication of a story line that authorities deliberately establish in the minds of the public.

Quote:
how much did all this cost the city, and how much was the fear factor amplified?
To them, it doesn't matter ... after all, it's your money, not theirs. They are on the receiving end of the money trail ... they benefit, which is always the first consideration when determining who is the most likely suspect in any crime .... who stands to gain the most? Who has the motive.

Quote:
there is a lot to be learned from this tragedy.
You're right again. Sadly, it is unlikely to happen, so long as people believe any cockamamie story fed them by authorities, no matter how many inconsistencies are there, right in front of their noses.

The answer to all of your good questions and thoughts is a very simple one, that one need only look at what has transpired to understand it. Fear has been the constant theme since September 11, 2001. And the fear mongering has continued to escalate, furthered by a seemingly never ending and periodic set of events .... we had WACO ... then the 1st WTC bombing .... then Oklahoma City ... then 911. We've had a series of school shootings to ingrain in the minds of Americans that no place is safe, and no person is either, including their children.

There is a significant shift in the "official narrative" being created now, though few people actually recognize it. We've moved from the official "Islamic Fundamentalist" war on terror threat, and the big boogie man Al Qaeda, to the lone wolf, no organized terror organization affiliation type threat. This is apparently necessary since we now, as an official policy are, actually providing support to Al Qaeda in overthrowing governments like Libya and Syria. Of course, the underlying reality is, Al Qaeda was ALWAYS an intelligence asset of the CIA .. they created them and have controlled them from day one, and that has NEVER changed. But all of this "War on Terror" fraud was always planned to facilitate one result .. to tighten the noose around the American people's necks ... the real enemy. Too many people think that's just a wild conspiracy, even though it explains all of those "questions" about what we've seen take place for the past 12 years.

No longer do you need to wonder why TSA would be strip searching grandma and 5 year old children. No longer do you need to wonder why you have to remove your belt and shoes and be searched like a prison inmate in the airports. You were always the target of this slow process of the evolution of the police state, and they told to to our face right from the beginning, when the threat of Osama Bin Laden immediately included grandma's knitting needles, and bottles of baby formula.

How far must this all go before people realize the truth? God only knows, because there is no explanation for why anyone still remains in the dark now.

Old 04-23-2013, 12:09 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,204,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
why do you keep posting snopes, they've been debunked a long time ago. They are part of Obama's truth squad, which is an oxymoron for under-cover operatives.
I don't know why people like you are on this thread, other than to control the dialogue. Otherwise, you can just tune in to CNN to hear what you want to hear.
This (the post I'm referencing) is the part about conspiracy crazies that I love. They lay out a far fetched conspiracy theory. Credible, reputable organizations and others methodically lay out easily documented facts and explanations that blow the conspiracy theory to shreds, and then the conspiracy nuts claim that the debunking is another conspiracy to cover up the first conspiracy. You can't argue with that kind of circular, nutty thinking, so why try. I'm guessing they think that every single person in the country is in on this--on the one world government thing or whatever the heck they think is going on--except for them?

Old 04-23-2013, 12:13 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
BREAKING NEWS!!! I just heard that the bombing never took place. Mel Gibson was making a movie. What you are seeing are the trailers. Movie to be released Jun 1.

Old 04-23-2013, 12:18 PM

1,000 posts, read 1,126,855 times
BREAKING: Boston bombing suspects reportedly motivated by Afghanistan, Iraq wars

Old 04-23-2013, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
This (the post I'm referencing) is the part about conspiracy crazies that I love. They lay out a far fetched conspiracy theory. Credible, reputable organizations and others methodically lay out easily documented facts and explanations that blow the conspiracy theory to shreds, and then the conspiracy nuts claim that the debunking is another conspiracy to cover up the first conspiracy. You can't argue with that kind of circular, nutty thinking, so why try. I'm guessing they think that every single person in the country is in on this--on the one world government thing or whatever the heck they think is going on--except for them?
Look, Snopes has ZERO CREDIBILITY ... ZERO.

And right about now, that's exactly what you have in common with them, since you admit to demanding that my earlier post be removed.

So we're now at the point of put up or shut up ..... you address this clear evidence of ABC News fabrication of video news, once and for all.

BREAKING NEWS- BOSTON BOMB FAKED FOOTAGE on ABC NEWS ? Video Manipulation - YouTube

No more dancing ... this ain't dancing for stars. No more insults and personal attacks, because you are now on the list ... miss I'll report you!

Address the post, or reveal your true intentions to distort the facts. PERIOD.

Old 04-23-2013, 12:28 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,204,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Look, Snopes has ZERO CREDIBILITY ... ZERO.

And right about now, that's exactly what you have in common with them, since you admit to demanding that my earlier post be removed.

So we're now at the point of put up or shut up ..... you address this clear evidence of ABC News fabrication of video news, once and for all.

BREAKING NEWS- BOSTON BOMB FAKED FOOTAGE on ABC NEWS ? Video Manipulation - YouTube

No more dancing ... this ain't dancing for stars. No more insults and personal attacks, because you are now on the list ... miss I'll report you!

Address the post, or reveal your true intentions to distort the facts. PERIOD.
I reported your post for the GRAPHIC PICTURES--this is a public board, and you inserted pictures of bombing victims in your post that weren't available anywhere online without a warning, and then a separate link. Go right ahead and report me for whatever you want. Proposing that the Boston bombing was staged by the government and that everyone who participated, was injured or killed is an ACTOR instead--that none of it really happened--is CRAZY.

Old 04-23-2013, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriceP View Post
BREAKING: Boston bombing suspects reportedly motivated by Afghanistan, Iraq wars
Well now, isn't that special. So, that puts 70% of the American public on the potential domestic terrorist list. And trust me, that 70% is a conservative figure! It's only the most twisted of the sycophants who have been brainwashed to support endless wars. But what a real slick way of destroying the 1st Amendment! Sure, go ahead ... exercise your freedom of speech ... but just remember, we're watching and listening. We're reading your emails and facebook pages ... listening to your phone conversations, our drones will watch you from above, while our FEMA Fusion Centers track your every movement via Cell Phone GPS.

Now, all of those anti-war and pro 2nd Amendment types are domestic enemies and targets ... all those misguided people who have actually read and understand the United States Constitution must be watched closely ... particularly anyone who might buy a pressure cooker at Williams & Sonoma or Bed, Bath and Beyond. I swear, you just can't make this kind of Orwellian crap up.

Of course, it perfectly fits my last post that suggested that the American people are the real enemies of the State .. and that we were always the ultimate target of the "war on terror".

Oh yes ... I forgot ... because these people love symbolism and numerology and understated metaphor to tell you what they are doing .... don't miss the metaphor in the whole "pressure cooker" theme.

All you pro constitution, pro 2nd Amendment types .... the pressure is on. That's just the way they roll.

Last edited by GuyNTexas; 04-23-2013 at 12:47 PM..

Old 04-23-2013, 12:38 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
If I were the hijack victim, I would not want my name released. The media has been freakin relentless
selectively relentless, wouldn't you say?

Old 04-23-2013, 12:45 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Actually, his name is apparently known to some.

On Friday, a reporter from ABC (the livestream I watched) said they had talked to him and they "could hear the tears in his voice."

And last night on his show, Lawrence O'Donnell relates a conversation by telephone he had with the guy.

Both times it was noted that the guy does not want to appear on camera, and so far, it seems that they're trying to respect his privacy by not releasing his name to the general public.

Also, Lawrence O'Donnell had a very good in-studio interview with the Watertown police chief. Very informative and he gives a very good time line.

One thing that was noted was that there were many out of the area law enforcement officers converging onto Watertown that were unfamiliar with the streets of that town and that caused a lot of confusion - something I don't think I've seen mentioned here yet when some have been critical of how law enforcement responded.

It should also be noted that Watertown itself has a relatively small police force - just sixty-five officers - who I doubt had much experience with a manhunt of this magnitude.
interesting points, which is exactly why you want some kind of swat type team handling this-instead of what actually happened.

a lot of people were endangered, and a lot of people were lucky, with that many rounds being fired, bullets going into houses, and a high speed chase (with evidently a couple of vehicles involved?) all over the place, with a bomber hiding in someone's backyard.

they should have never divulged what they knew, ID'd them (which shouldn't have been hard with driver's licenses and at least one being on a terrorist list) and gone after their dumb butts when they were "partying" after the murders.

the massive disorganized police response was dangerous and at least one death might have been prevented. (the MIT officer), not to mention what would have happened to that citizen if the younger brother was armed, awake, and dangerous when he pulled back that tarp.

I just find it interesting that a lot of people certainly wouldn't have wanted to be on camera, particularly that nude handcuffed guy being led away to the squad car, but that didn't seem to stop the media-especially since the hijackings and ATM thefts were an integral part of the story.

what kind of cars did the suspects drive?

Old 04-23-2013, 12:58 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,054,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
You can't blame the conspiracy wackos for feeling left out of our secret can you?....oops

Last edited by Ghengis; 04-23-2013 at 01:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies