Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2013, 10:56 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
No, it's not an interesting take, it's an opinion blog. You're intention is to suggest we could be suspects for viewing alternative media.
You're in deep aren't you. That's akin to the FBI telling us to only look at their pictures.
It's a very interesting take due to the logic in it. Being that the conspiracy theorists have so much inside info and are such masterminds at getting at the truth, one would imagine that they wouild be a hindrance to the powers that be and an obvious target of covert operations. After all, these conspiracy theorists are in many ways revealing classified information. But somehow thay manged to go unscathed.

These conspiracy loons make a very big mistake when they assume that everyone, other than themsleves of course, totally trusts the government, but if they admit that their (the theorists) theories go so over the top, they would have to admit that their ultimate MO is to stroke their own egos as being so much more in tuned and intelligent than the average Joe.

Old 04-25-2013, 10:56 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,781,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Actually, many of us either have you on ignore or simply just ignore your rants.
Actually I read his posts. I've never been exposed to a nutter at his level. While I find the thinking quite unbelieveable, it's also quite intriguing to read the madness that he and his followers spew. If it were the 50s or 60s they would have been put away for their own safety while getting shock treatment or a lobotomy.

Old 04-25-2013, 10:58 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Sadly, it may be more than conditioning. It may be in some people's DNA (I'm kidding). Have you seen this T-shirt on the wearechange.org website? It is a picture of the latest "evolution of man" (or devolvement)with the first picture on the left showing a profile of a man walking standing straight up with good posture. The next picture shows him hunched over some. The next picture shows an even more bent over posture. The next one is even more bent over and the last picture is a picture of a sheep.
Now there's evidence of a DNA shift if I ever saw one!

Old 04-25-2013, 11:03 AM

3,846 posts, read 2,384,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
The 1950's was the most free and prosperous time this country has ever experienced, it's been downhill ever since. They are rewriting history to make it out to be one of the worst of times. doublespeak
There were free showers in the sixties!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAdtfNbDe4E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHDmrwzUOwo

Old 04-25-2013, 11:03 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,253,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Actually I read his posts. I've never been exposed to a nutter at his level. While I find the thinking quite unbelieveable, it's also quite intriguing to read the madness that he and his followers spew. If it were the 50s or 60s they would have been put away for their own safety while getting shock treatment or a lobotomy.
I agree.

"Madness" is a very appropriate word to use, too.

That poster, as far as I can tell, is on CD virtually 24/7 and has the time and energy to post very long and wordy posts and to dig up every whacky theory and picture and video imaginable.

No job?

In fact, I'm not sure how someone who thinks like that could hold down a job. Or even function in society as a whole.

Old 04-25-2013, 11:10 AM

1,956 posts, read 4,875,865 times
Their parents are still denying that their sons did the bombings. Are you kidding me?

Old 04-25-2013, 11:11 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,781,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
I agree.

"Madness" is a very appropriate word to use, too.

That poster, as far as I can tell, is on CD virtually 24/7 and has the time and energy to post very long and wordy posts and to dig up every whacky theory and picture and video imaginable.

No job?

In fact, I'm not sure how someone who thinks like that could hold down a job. Or even function in society as a whole.
This is a very busy person. Highly doubt C-D is his only forum where he's trying to enlighten the ill-informed people who can't think for themselves. All that research to keep up with to spin his conspiracy theory requires a lot of time I would think.

Old 04-25-2013, 11:28 AM

15,530 posts, read 10,501,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony22 View Post
Their parents are still denying that their sons did the bombings. Are you kidding me?
Yep, caught her this morning in yet again another rage. She's acting like all those other mother's whose kids blow themselves up. I think she knew what they were doing.

Last edited by elan; 04-25-2013 at 11:37 AM..

Old 04-25-2013, 11:29 AM

1,956 posts, read 4,875,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Yep, caught her this morning in yet again another rage. She's acting like all those other mother's who kids blow themselves up. I think she knew what they were doing.

Bombing was fake, 'blood was paint,' bombing suspects' mom says | Metro News - WCVB Home

Old 04-25-2013, 11:53 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
You have to keep in mind that due to a very inter-connected world via social media and the internet, this mother is just parroting what conspiracy theorists are claiming. Haven't you been reading the things that they are saying right here on CD?

Now, one can mostly have compassion for a mother that has lost a son and has another thousands of miles away hospitalized with multiple injuries, but if what has been floating around is true, pertaining to her being instrumental in radiclalizing her son/sons, it is very difficult to have sympathy for her and not understand that she is reaping what she has sown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies