Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2013, 05:48 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,225,568 times

Advertisements

What's up with the father going into hiding all of a sudden?

Boston bombing suspects' family leaves Dagestan home, not for U.S. - CNN.com

Old 04-26-2013, 06:06 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,703,398 times
It sounded to me that he's gotten pretty badly ill - for someone in his condition, I'm surprised he hasn't keeled over from the stress of the scrutiny. I think the mother was silly for not going into hiding - I think anyone is silly for not going into hiding when today's press comes knocking on their door. What possible benefit to her does she expect to derive from talking to the press?

Old 04-26-2013, 07:17 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,005,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony22 View Post
I was watching CNN yesterday and they were inverviewing this guy who saw the Boston bombings and the Texas explosion. He ran the marathon and was really lucky he crossed the finish line before the bomb went off. He then flew to Texas to visit people.He was driving past the explosion. Talk about close calls

Here's the guy talking about his experience

CNN Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com
WAS it a "coincidence"? Or did he know something? Hmmmm, enquiring minds want to know...

*****ATTENTION******
PLEASE DON'T FEED THE CONSPIRACIES

Old 04-26-2013, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Actually, I've seen her as very disraught on TV/video a few times throughout today, but if what I have been hearing about her radical religious views and the influence she has had on her sons in that area are true, she has brought this upon herself and her family. She will deny their involvement 'til the bitter end and therefore she will never apologize of extend regret on behalf her her sons. I've read that the father is coming to the USA to bring his son's body home for burial, but she is undecided due to the warrant out on her for that shoplifting offense.
Yes, she certainly was playing for the camera's yesterday. Go back to her first interviews, before someone told her to lay on the alligator tears and wailing (sympathy bid) and you'll see she's a piece of work.
Maybe she thinks or was told that her pending charges might be dropped for the "grieving mother". Don't fall for the obvious manipulation.

Old 04-26-2013, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Scary. I was going to dispute this by saying we need the census to get federal funding for important projects, but you're right.

The 2010 Census: Will your answers stay private? - CSMonitor.com

"While the disclosure may have been dated, the bureau’s deceit lasted for more than 60 years and undermines its credibility. And we do not know how many other census confidentiality violations have yet to surface."

So now it isn't just the Alex Jones and Glenn Beck types who are crying foul.
The Census is way,way more important than any kind of funding placement that's why there was an uproar when it was moved by Obama (in his first few weeks in office) from basically being independent to being controlled by Rahm in the Presidential Mansion.

The U.S. census -- a counting of the U.S. population -- is conducted every 10 years by the Commerce Department. Its results determine the decennial redrawing of congressional districts
As a matter of impact, the census has tremendous political significance. Political parties are always eager to have a hand in redrawing districts so that they can maximize their own party's clout while minimizing the opposition, often through gerrymandering.
The census also determines the composition of the Electoral College, which chooses the president. If one party were to control the census, it could arguably try to perpetuate its hold on political power.

Read more: GOP Sounds Alarm Over Obama Decision to Move Census to White House | Fox News

Old 04-26-2013, 08:41 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,048,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Screw part affiliation, try thinking like an independent. Both parties suck.
their's sucks way more

Old 04-26-2013, 08:45 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,562,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
It sounded to me that he's gotten pretty badly ill - for someone in his condition, I'm surprised he hasn't keeled over from the stress of the scrutiny. I think the mother was silly for not going into hiding - I think anyone is silly for not going into hiding when today's press comes knocking on their door. What possible benefit to her does she expect to derive from talking to the press?
Are you serious? She is behaving as any loving parent would, her boys have been set up, killed and tortured for all the world to see. They believed their sons would have a better life in the US, you and I cannot fathom what she and the father are going through.
Even if you choose to believe they were radicalized, have a little compassion for this woman and the father. Put yourself in their shoes. Your own life has been destroyed, you have nothing left to lose.

Now read this Reuters story, and it is a story, and tell me if this doesn't sound like a high school kid wrote it.
Boston bomb suspect moved to prison from hospital

Quote:
Their carjacking victim was a 26-year-old of Chinese origin who goes by the American nickname "Danny," the Boston Globe reported on Friday. The newspaper did not publish his full name at his request.
"I don't want to die," the man recalled thinking as the brothers drove him around for some 90 minutes, making banal small talk, according to an interview with the Globe. "I have a lot of dreams that haven't come true yet."
The man was put in touch with the Globe by James Alan Fox, a professor of criminology at Northeastern University in Boston, where the man was a student, Fox told Reuters. Fox writes a blog for the Boston Globe website.
Danny, who is trained as an engineer, kept the brothers calm by playing up his outsider status, although at first they were puzzled by his Chinese accent, the Globe said. After determining that the victim was Chinese, Tamerlan Tsarnaev identified himself as a Muslim, the newspaper reported.
"Chinese are very friendly to Muslims!" Danny said, according to the Globe. "We are so friendly to Muslims."
This case will never see the inside of a courtroom.

Old 04-26-2013, 09:05 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Yes, she certainly was playing for the camera's yesterday. Go back to her first interviews, before someone told her to lay on the alligator tears and wailing (sympathy bid) and you'll see she's a piece of work.
Maybe she thinks or was told that her pending charges might be dropped for the "grieving mother". Don't fall for the obvious manipulation.
I've seen her earlier interviews and yes, I've noticed a progression in her level of emotion. One might attribute it to the realization of just how heavy a situation this is. She might have been in denial of reality and in a bit of shock. Believe me, I am not making any excuses for the woman that brought these guys into the world and filled their heads with who knows what.

Quote:
“Yes, I would prefer not to live in America now. Like, why did I even go there — why?” Ms. Tsarnaeva said, breaking into tears and sobs. “I thought America was going to, like, protect us, our kids. It was going to be safe for any reason. But it happened the opposite. My kids — America took my kids away from me — only America.”
Maybe someone should remind her that she came here seeking asylum...which she got. Remind her that her sons were given every opportunity for an education and a productive lfe. Remind her that she lived off the AMERICAN taxpayer's dime. Remind her that she did not obey the law and most of all, reming her that there are mothers here that are grieving for children that were truly innocent, but were unfortunate enough to be in the vicinity of a homemade bomb when it went off.

Old 04-26-2013, 09:11 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
^^The other thing I've noted in Mrs. Tsarnaev is her improving English proficiency.

Old 04-26-2013, 09:11 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,588,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I've seen her earlier interviews and yes, I've noticed a progression in her level of emotion. One might attribute it to the realization of just how heavy a situation this is. She might have been in denial of reality and in a bit of shock. Believe me, I am not making any excuses for the woman that brought these guys into the world and filled their heads with who knows what.

Maybe someone should remind her that she came here seeking asylum...which she got. Remind her that her sons were given every opportunity for an education and a productive lfe. Remind her that she lived off the AMERICAN taxpayer's dime. Remind her that she did not obey the law and most of all, reming her that there are mothers here that are grieving for children that were truly innocent, but were unfortunate enough to be in the vicinity of a homemade bomb when it went off.
Very Well Said!

It is beyond disgusting that the lefties are trying to paint a sympathetic picture for these 2 Muslim TERRORISTS. But they sure will demonize anyone with a gun license or doctors killing babies in abortions. The idiotic mentality of the left knows no limits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies