Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2013, 10:13 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,712,726 times

Advertisements

The Gray Lady wants you to know that Tamerlan Tsarnaev blew up the Boston Marathon because he was upset about not being made a US citizen quickly enough to continue his amateur boxing career.

Quote:
A Battered Dream, Then a Violent Path
BOSTON — It was a blow the immigrant boxer could not withstand: after capturing his second consecutive title as the Golden Gloves heavyweight champion of New England in 2010, Tamerlan Anzorovich Tsarnaev, 23, was barred from the national Tournament of Champions because he was not a United States citizen...

Mr. Tsarnaev portrayed his quitting as a reflection of the sport’s incompatibility with his growing devotion to Islam. But as dozens of interviews with friends, acquaintances and relatives from Cambridge, Mass., to Dagestan showed, that devotion, and the suspected radicalization that accompanied it, was a path he followed most avidly only after his more secular dreams were dashed in 2010 and he was left adrift.

His trajectory eventually led the frustrated athlete and his loyal younger brother, Dzhokhar, to bomb one of the most famous athletic events in this country...
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/28/us...reeled.html?hp

This wasn't about Islam, or the Chechnyan culture of violence. Oh no, America brought tragedy on itself by waiting too long to fully embrace poor Tamerlan.

Old 04-27-2013, 10:18 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,318,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
If she hated America, as some of you suggest, she wouldn't send her kids here for a better life. If you want to believe they were sent here to commit jihad, then why would she deny it? She would be proud, but instead her heart is broken because they were patsies. They were betrayed by the very government they were working for, our government. They were supposed to infiltrate the extremists and report, instead this is what Tamarlan got. That is him in the photo. The story about how he came to look like that has changed many times, from blowing himself up, to being run over. But we all saw him after he is stripped, walking to the police car. That is Tamarlan. His aunt is 100% positive and I believe her. Why wouldn't I? Why would she lie? You can also compare photos of Tamarlan to the naked guy - anybody that says they don't look alike has an ulterior motive for denying the obvious.

Government terror The naked man
1. False logic.
2. Who knows?
You can't get into Mom Tsarnaev's head.

As for the rest of it, gimmee a break.

Old 04-27-2013, 10:18 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,447,639 times
The nerve of us, delaying his citizenship. I'm sure all those citizens at the Marathon were just painful symbols of how unworthy he was found to be. With egocentric people like that, "unworthy" is unacceptable. How many family members got citizenship on time. Yet HE, the most wonderful of all Tsarnaevs, was put off! Yeh, that's a capital crime against Tamerlan. And his gurus took that pain and used it to make him act as insane as they knew him to be.

Old 04-27-2013, 10:29 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,547,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenhere4ever View Post
The nerve of us, delaying his citizenship. I'm sure all those citizens at the Marathon were just painful symbols of how unworthy he was found to be. With egocentric people like that, "unworthy" is unacceptable. How many family members got citizenship on time. Yet HE, the most wonderful of all Tsarnaevs, was put off! Yeh, that's a capital crime against Tamerlan. And his gurus took that pain and used it to make him act as insane as they knew him to be.
That was poetic. You summed it up well.

What's your take on Dzhokhar?

Old 04-27-2013, 10:43 PM

25,597 posts, read 56,298,371 times
Quote:
I don't know that there was a carjacking, that story sounds like a crock to me, and they wanted to parade the boat owner as a hero but he wanted no part of it. I think he is probably disgusted by what he witnessed, what they did to the kid, and what they did to his beloved boat. He may even be sorry he ever called them. Don't worry, you won't be hearing him say that on the nightly news.
I have to wonder what it means to be an American today. It's certainly not the land of the free, home of the brave any longer. How many countries do we destroy, including our own, so you can 'feel' secure?
Quote:
There were men all over the place with backpacks, some with wires coming out of their ears, one setting his down, then viewed leaving without it.
There is no evidence that these two brothers did this. They are manufacturing this story to fit the agenda, which is to enslave Americans so you can feel more secure. Do people in prison, feel secure? Do the people of Palestine feel secure? Do you value your freedom at all?
Quote:
If she hated America, as some of you suggest, she wouldn't send her kids here for a better life. If you want to believe they were sent here to commit jihad, then why would she deny it? She would be proud, but instead her heart is broken because they were patsies. They were betrayed by the very government they were working for, our government. They were supposed to infiltrate the extremists and report, instead this is what Tamarlan got. That is him in the photo. The story about how he came to look like that has changed many times, from blowing himself up, to being run over. But we all saw him after he is stripped, walking to the police car. That is Tamarlan. His aunt is 100% positive and I believe her. Why wouldn't I? Why would she lie? You can also compare photos of Tamarlan to the naked guy - anybody that says they don't look alike has an ulterior motive for denying the obvious.

Government terror The naked man
v

Well, good luck to you. You surely need it.

Old 04-27-2013, 10:54 PM

27,625 posts, read 21,043,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
The Gray Lady wants you to know that Tamerlan Tsarnaev blew up the Boston Marathon because he was upset about not being made a US citizen quickly enough to continue his amateur boxing career.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/28/us...reeled.html?hp

This wasn't about Islam, or the Chechnyan culture of violence. Oh no, America brought tragedy on itself by waiting too long to fully embrace poor Tamerlan.
This is not the first time I've heard this and you know what? It's also evidence of a stupid mind. "Left adrift"...gee, I don't know...maybe he could have coached young boxers, maybe even competed professionally representing his country. Hey, why didn't he train for the marathon instead of blowing iit up.

Old 04-28-2013, 12:16 AM

He wasn't "left adrift". He just didn't want to go back to Dagestan and stay. Yet that was the future facing him. He came to El Dorado and couldn't make it. Makes me wonder if the guy who shot Bill Cosby's son had the same gripe. That was another totally random crime by an immigrant. From Russia, too, I believe. Maybe Tamerlan should have sought out the Russians in New York to run numbers for them or something.

Old 04-28-2013, 12:18 AM

For the lazy among us: The Tale of the Tsarnaev Brothers' Carjacking Victim - NYTimes.com

Old 04-28-2013, 12:59 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,760,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
It got your stupid response!
Ask a stupid question, get a stupid response. Get it???

Old 04-28-2013, 01:14 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,760,359 times
Quote:
pakalert is independent, they source the news articles and provide the references, just as Alex Jones does. They investigate, as opposed to just reporting White House propoganda.
Yeah, some guy sitting in Pakistan has better sources that those here in the US (except for Alex Jones and a few others). I'm sure there's some guy sitting in China who has the same sources.

Definition of investigate:

Quote:
Carry out a systematic or formal inquiry to discover and examine the facts of (an incident, allegation, etc.) so as to establish the truth.
Carry out research or study into (a subject, typically one in a scientific or academic field) so as to discover facts or information.
Comparing Pakalert to Alex Jones is not the best example to prove credibility. Alex Jones has none.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies