Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2013, 07:29 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,375,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenhere4ever View Post
The Onion publishers are kicking themselves for not running this story first!!!
aangirfan: BOSTON BOMBERS, GULEN, RUSSIA, ACTORS

Old 04-28-2013, 07:49 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,547,254 times
Quote:
Too old to just tag along and do whatever big brother says is cool. He had the apparent maturity of a 12 year old. But law doesn't work that way. We set arbitrary thresholds where we expect people to take responsibility for their actions. The very best he deserves is looking at the world through bars. Fluffy hair and a moron's expression shouldn't be exculpating. Wasn't he taking college courses? Frankly, the whole thing could be an act. Guys do that to get the weak minded to fawn on them.
That's an astute analysis, well done.

Old 04-28-2013, 10:04 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,713,540 times
Quote:
One question I'm sure has been asked before, but I didn't see the answer. What kind of guy was this Tamerlan that his WIFE earned the income they lived on (barely). Was that so he could sit home and pout about his inability to win the Golden Gloves? I hope the mom is super proud of her son with his "manly values". It always disgusts me to read about some guy who married a woman to get the pittance she is able to earn. It shows an utter lack of shame. "I give you baby, you give me paycheck."
Tamerlan did live in a way that uncivilized societies thoughout history have regarded as manly. He fought other men and won. He did little work. He preened for the ladies and landed a higher status mate who devoted herself to meeting his needs. In the absence of the kind of social controls established in advanced countries over the past few centuries, and now being largely abandoned, women will want Tamerlan and men will want to be him.

Old 04-28-2013, 10:07 PM

2,664 posts, read 5,619,164 times
"Now known as the angry and grieving mother of the Boston Marathon bombing suspects, Tsarnaeva is drawing increased attention after federal officials say Russian authorities intercepted her phone calls, including one in which she vaguely discussed jihad with her elder son. In another, she was recorded talking to someone in southern Russia who is under FBI investigation in an unrelated case, U.S. officials said."
http://news.yahoo.com/mother-bomb-su...224317582.html

if this wasnt enuff for the FBI to closely look at this family, i don kno wat is, unless Russians didnt share this info till after the attack of course

Old 04-28-2013, 10:47 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,448,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Tamerlan did live in a way that uncivilized societies thoughout history have regarded as manly. He fought other men and won. He did little work. He preened for the ladies and landed a higher status mate who devoted herself to meeting his needs. In the absence of the kind of social controls established in advanced countries over the past few centuries, and now being largely abandoned, women will want Tamerlan and men will want to be him.
So you think there are civilizations where this is a dominant value? Explain the discrimination against women in the workplace. If men wanted to simply be manchildren with a mommy for a wife, why do they fight so HARD to remain dominant in the workplace? Plus, Tamerlan wasn't out making war on neighboring tribes. He was sitting at home with a baby and pitying himself. No, only a woman with SEVERE self esteem problems would put up with a guy like that. Nowadays, more intelligent guys don't put up with a WOMAN like that. I would even accept that as an IQ test. The more the woman has to be economically dependent, the lower her IQ and that of her husband is likely to be.

Old 04-28-2013, 10:59 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,713,540 times
Quote:
So you think there are civilizations where this is a dominant value?
This is the way my own ancestors once lived in the Scottish Highlands and how most African societies function even today.

Old 04-28-2013, 11:21 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,729,940 times
Default Callers;one after the other,call CSPAN about false flag

www.youtube.com/v/zq_1cyyGjb4

Its amazing hearing so many ppl BEING AWAKE!!!!! (I think i would be too afraid to call in and say ANYTHING!! -- You dont know who might be watching CSPAN!!)

Old 04-28-2013, 11:39 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,852,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
odanny, I usually agree with you, but this student had been missing since March 16. I agree it was horrible to his family to associate him with the bombings, but I think he was long gone when the bombings happened.
Maybe I read it wrong, but I think that's what odanny was saying, that is, people on the social media sites were all jumping to conclusions about an innocent student just because of his name.

What about the Elvis impersonator who was accused of sending ricin laced letters? The FBI arrested the wrong man! So now how do they erase all of the stories about his mental illness that were plastered all over the media?

I keep thinking of the X-Files. "Trust no one."

Old 04-29-2013, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
This is the way my own ancestors once lived in the Scottish Highlands and how most African societies function even today.
Sounds like someone who got his info from comic books.

Description of the Central African Republic:
Quote:
Division of Labor by Gender. Women traditionally are responsible for the production and preparation of food. Women also work in private holdings growing cotton and other products to participate in the money economy. They are the principal vendors of food products in markets. Men contribute heavy work in rural areas and constitute most of the employed workforce. [LEFT]
Read more: http://www.everyculture.com/Bo-Co/Ce...#ixzz2RpcFxYNP
[/LEFT]

Last edited by Beenhere4ever; 04-29-2013 at 12:34 AM..

Old 04-29-2013, 12:26 AM

Default Sympathizers Please Look

Those people whose hearts are melting from seeing Dzokhar Tsarnaev's puppy dog looks, please look at THIS picture and think a little. This little boy was doing NOTHING WRONG WHATEVER. Dzokhar helped end his life at 8 years old. Who really deserves the pity here?
Family says goodbye to Boston bombing's youngest fatality, Martin Richard - CBS News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.