Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2013, 05:04 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriceP View Post
I love a good conspirancy theory but i do not feel islamic terrorists have anything to do with this one.

Maybe this man was a victim, no one knows yet.
It's no conspiracy theory to suspects Islamic terrorists did this. Nor is it a conspiracy theory to suspect domestic terrorists. The conspiracy theory will come when the gov't. announces who they blame it on.

Old 04-16-2013, 05:05 AM

1,000 posts, read 1,127,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I am guessing a lone wolf, and here is why:

1. The last mile of the marathon was dedicated to the school shootings, which is now synonymous with gun control,

2. It happened on Patriots Day, which relates to the US, the military, and the people

So, I guess this was done by an anti-government lone wolf, - an outsider.
Makes sense. But we dont know yet.

Old 04-16-2013, 05:18 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by butkus51 View Post
Any news account I have seen said he in fact was tackled and treated for burns. But the accounts did clarify by saying he is not a person of interest at this point. That he was here on a student visa.
It should be assumed that the boy is innocent until proven otherwise. Yet it's all over the news "not a person of interest" - that would put him in the same category as everyone else in the hospital, "a person of interest" being questioned. Boston authorities are stating that they do not have a suspect.

Being an Arab at the wrong time and wrong place would make anyone try to get as far away as possible. If he was seriously burned and had a leg injury how far could he get? Reports are that he is cooperating and was scared. Understandable for any innocent Arab or someone who appears to be Arab/Pakistani/Muslim would be scared.

Apparently they found someone who appeared suspect and searched his apartment. Funny, no mention of his ethnicity or nationality.

Old 04-16-2013, 05:19 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
I believe it would be wise for all of us to calm down and not assume it was any group who did this until we know for certain....just saying...yanno?

Lets consentrate on the innocent victims, and pray for they're families...I mean people lost legs, a little 8 year old died....I don't know, I just think we should keep them first and foremost in our prayers....

It is so sad, so very sad.....

Old 04-16-2013, 05:21 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Will Obama again refrain of saying the terrorism word again? Most likely he will postpone that word for as long as he can.. his politically correct stand is insanity for the American people.

I believe a good many people were terrorized by the bomb blasts and killed and maimed.

Will Obama look for an excuse to cover what the terrorists did? Will Obama just not say the terrorist word as not to offend our enemies who kill us with cowardice acts of violence against the innocents of man , woman and child.

Old 04-16-2013, 05:21 AM

977 posts, read 763,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
It should be assumed that the boy is innocent until proven otherwise. Yet it's all over the news "not a person of interest" - that would put him in the same category as everyone else in the hospital, "a person of interest" being questioned. Boston authorities are stating that they do not have a suspect.

Being an Arab at the wrong time and wrong place would make anyone try to get as far away as possible. If he was seriously burned and had a leg injury how far could he get? Reports are that he is cooperating and was scared. Understandable for any innocent Arab or someone who appears to be Arab/Pakistani/Muslim would be scared.

Apparently they found someone who appeared suspect and searched his apartment. Funny, no mention of his ethnicity or nationality.
All true.
I just watched the news and the authorities are still saying that people are being questioned. This man was highlighted for the reasons you just mentioned.

Old 04-16-2013, 05:24 AM

977 posts, read 763,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I believe it would be wise for all of us to calm down and not assume it was any group who did this until we know for certain....just saying...yanno?

Lets consentrate on the innocent victims, and pray for they're families...I mean people lost legs, a little 8 year old died....I don't know, I just think we should keep them first and foremost in our prayers....

It is so sad, so very sad.....
??? I personally am making no assumptions. Just reporting what I read. And let's be honest. How many people didn't think Islamo-fascist/terrorist when this happened?

Old 04-16-2013, 05:26 AM

1,179 posts, read 1,552,941 times

AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL by Ray Charles - YouTube

Old 04-16-2013, 05:27 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by butkus51 View Post
??? I personally am making no assumptions. Just reporting what I read. And let's be honest. How many people didn't think Islamo-fascist/terrorist when this happened?
I think most thought that, whether they want to admit it or not. I did. There is plenty of reason to think that and there is nothing wrong with it.

Old 04-16-2013, 05:28 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
NBC's Pete Williams is tweeting that officials told him the only bombs were the two that went off.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies